Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

Biante is indeed spacious but FC not really good compare to Toyota Wish. Have u take a look at the Toyota Voxy, Esquire or Noah from PI....if have high budget, can also consider Honda stepwagon spada with 1.5T engine? They are also very spacious car. For Wish(Borneo), blackish red(maroon) is really nice and I saw a few on the road. Indeed, resale value for Wish is better and parts is easy to find in most of the stockist. FC also will be better than competitors. However, as this current Wish is likely to have a model change soon if u can wait for another 1~2yrs.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Biante is indeed spacious but FC not really good compare to Toyota Wish. Have u take a look at the Toyota Voxy, Esquire or Noah from PI....if have high budget, can also consider Honda stepwagon spada with 1.5T engine? They are also very spacious car. For Wish(Borneo), blackish red(maroon) is really nice and I saw a few on the road. Indeed, resale value for Wish is better and parts is easy to find in most of the stockist. FC also will be better than competitors. However, as this current Wish is likely to have a model change soon if u can wait for another 1~2yrs.

Thanks for the advise. Think my mind is set on the Wish now...

Any bro can advise on Elegance vs Classic.

Understand Elegance has the following (compare to Classic):

- Leather seat

- Better 7" Display with GPS

- Solar film

- DVD monitor

- anything else?

The above extra for 5k. Worth it?

I think I get the above for <5k, and with my choice of leather seat + colour, my preferred brand of audio system display and solar film. And I dun want the DVD monitor (don't look nice to me).

Any advice, recommendations?

Thanks for the advise. Think my mind is set on the Wish now...

Any bro can advise on Elegance vs Classic.

Understand Elegance has the following (compare to Classic):

- Leather seat

- Better 7" Display with GPS

- Solar film

- DVD monitor

- anything else?

The above extra for 5k. Worth it?

I think I get the above for <5k, and with my choice of leather seat + colour, my preferred brand of audio system display and solar film. And I dun want the DVD monitor (don't look nice to me).

Any advice, recommendations?

5 things from BM to differentiate between classic and elegance.

1) solar film

2) GPS

3) Reverse Cam

4) DVD player

5) leather seat.

Ask around does it worth 5K? Do u need the center row ceiling DVD player with nowadays Android tablet selling so cheap in the market?

So, if u dun feel good of the 5k paid, then grab the $1.6k accessories that is the solar film and leathet seat by choosing classic.

However, if u upgrade your headunit (audio set) else where and went back to BM for servicing......u might get the statement "Sir, we might void ur warranty as this is not replaced under us and if there is any problem with the electrical stuff, we will not bear the responsibility".

Also, if get from BM, never go to outside workshop for servicing...better think thrice if you wanna save on servicing cost....if engine any issue, BM will not honour any warranty to you even u have five years engine warranty. Talk until saliva dry or even bang table....also you're at the losing side. ;)

Neutral Newbie

5 things from BM to differentiate between classic and elegance.

1) solar film

2) GPS

3) Reverse Cam

4) DVD player

5) leather seat.

Ask around does it worth 5K? Do u need the center row ceiling DVD player with nowadays Android tablet selling so cheap in the market?

So, if u dun feel good of the 5k paid, then grab the $1.6k accessories that is the solar film and leathet seat by choosing classic.

However, if u upgrade your headunit (audio set) else where and went back to BM for servicing......u might get the statement "Sir, we might void ur warranty as this is not replaced under us and if there is any problem with the electrical stuff, we will not bear the responsibility".

Also, if get from BM, never go to outside workshop for servicing...better think thrice if you wanna save on servicing cost....if engine any issue, BM will not honour any warranty to you even u have five years engine warranty. Talk until saliva dry or even bang table....also you're at the losing side. ;)

Thanks for the info.

Actually I also think the 1.6k for leather seat and solar film is not worth.

Prefer to get my choice of leather seat and solar. And 1.6k is no big saving.

I did ask the SE about warranty issue if I change the HU.

He says no issue with warranty, except of course the new HU will not have any warranty from BM.

He also mention the steering wheel control is unlikely to work with the new HU (dunno how true. Any bro got experience on this?)

I thot the new 09/10 one is better in FC - 15km/l??...this is now the CVT 7 speeder one ...not the 09 2.0L with the 4 speed auto.

Any new 2010 CVT owners here could give an indication?

Anyway, let's wait and see...i will be getting my ride soon , if it's anything below 10km/l will be a dissappointment...

current ride is around 10 too...but is a small hatch..so compare to this...I am expecting better FC...that one of the reason i decided to go for it...and also other passive safety stuff.

What about the taxis - i see a lot of them on the road...and I guess they could have modified to use CNG...so much more furgal..

11-12 for my 09 wish with cvt-i. To be honest its like almost 6 years now and from the way i see it, like not much changes to the new model..

Thanks for the info.

Actually I also think the 1.6k for leather seat and solar film is not worth.

Prefer to get my choice of leather seat and solar. And 1.6k is no big saving.

I did ask the SE about warranty issue if I change the HU.

He says no issue with warranty, except of course the new HU will not have any warranty from BM.

He also mention the steering wheel control is unlikely to work with the new HU (dunno how true. Any bro got experience on this?)

Seriously BM profit margin is quite a lot...but no choice, they are the AD, unless u like to try other alternative such as buying PI Wish with really good saving. PI Wish also recently had a facelift.... can check out the specs to see if its a better deal.

Fyi, my existing car, once change HU, steering wheel control will not work anymore as the adapter is totally different and not compatible.

I believe PI Wish (X) are only differentiate by with Sunroof/without Sunroof, right?

Any other differences?

The other 2 differences:

BM's Wish brakes are all disc. PI's rear brakes are drum. Disc is better.

BM's OMV is $23,500 while PI's OMV is $18K.

Neutral Newbie

Seriously BM profit margin is quite a lot...but no choice, they are the AD, unless u like to try other alternative such as buying PI Wish with really good saving. PI Wish also recently had a facelift.... can check out the specs to see if its a better deal.

Fyi, my existing car, once change HU, steering wheel control will not work anymore as the adapter is totally different and not compatible.

Your Wish is the BM Classic or Elegance? Are the stock HU difference for the 2 series and both of them came with steering remote?

The other 2 differences:

been checking out a few PI....none of them have ready stock. the earliest delivery date will be Sept-Oct period... :(

The other 2 differences:

I think all Wish are disc front and drums rear, PI or AD.

Twincharged

borneo AD : rear disc

PI : drum.

(edited)

http://www.toyotasingapore.com.sg/cars/new_cars/wish_2012/specs.aspx

That means the toyota website specs are incorrect? Info extracted from website below.

Suspension Front Macpherson Strut

Suspension Rear Torsion Beam

Brakes Front Ventilated Disc

Brakes Rear Lead Trailing Drum

Tyres 195 / 65R15

Edited by Lanky

Years back, PIs brought in the Wish first and Borneo didn't bring this model in but instead relied on the Picnic to cater for the mid sized MPV group of customers. Wish sold well and Borneo changed tack and brought this model in eventually and now they selling this model with better specs than PIs which also justifies their higher selling price and with them being AD.

Unfortunately Kah Motor hasn't follow suit by bringing in their HRV which is of a lower specs but higher price as compared to PI's Vezel. Whilst this should be a story for the Vezel thread, point here is that AD should match or preferably better PIs offering and clients will willingly pay to buy through AD but they are not stupid to buy a lower end product at a higher price even though from AD so credit to Borneo for catering to buyer's demands!

• Praise 5

go borneo and see la.

ok u win. :)

Brochure says disc but website says drum. Website is apparently outdated...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am dekitting my wish 2009. Some brand new regular servicing parts(bought 1.5mths back) to sell off.

1 set (4 pieces) of original spark plugs, SC20HR11

2 pieces of original engine air filter

1 piece of OEM cabin filter

All for $90, price negotiable. Please pm to deal. Thanks.