Sell car now can really earn money meh?

Kelpie

Hi all,

I've been reading messages here that many are harbouring the thought to sell their car around (08/09)now to earn a quick buck. I can't undersand how is this going to benefit one if selling his car now and having to buy another car with a higher price tag :huh: ?

Unless, one totally gives up driving or downgrade all the way to a small car. Not forgetting the 2nd hand dealers who are out there to makan your money when you trying to sell and buy used car.

Perhaps, the better policy is to stick to your present car and drive for good 10 years [laugh]. Afterall car is still a liability here.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

obsoletely agree with TS. just one point to add, there are people with spared car to sell to make $, but again, if people can afford to have spared car in the first place, they probably not that hunger for the extra $.

Hi all,

I've been reading messages here that many are harbouring the thought to sell their car around (08/09)now to earn a quick buck. I can't undersand how is this going to benefit one if selling his car now and having to buy another car with a higher price tag :huh: ?

Unless, one totally gives up driving or downgrade all the way to a small car. Not forgetting the 2nd hand dealers who are out there to makan your money when you trying to sell and buy used car.

Perhaps, the better policy is to stick to your present car and drive for good 10 years [laugh]. Afterall car is still a liability here.

Regards,

can make, ONLY if u sell direct to buyer and u DO NOT have any loan [rolleyes]

obsoletely agree with TS. just one point to add, there are people with spared car to sell to make $, but again, if people can afford to have spared car in the first place, they probably not that hunger for the extra $.

I believe you meant "absolutely"?

The only folks who I can think of that can "earn or save" money from selling their cars were those who were trying to sell their first car unsuccessfully and YET at the same time went ahead to buy their next car. So its a real lifesaver for them once the COE really started to spike some time back... For once it was a better choice to jump before you look. Lucky them :)

Some people might have made 'mistake' in buying the car. After owning a car, they may realised they cannot tahan, or spending too much for the car, etc.

Now is actually a good time for these borderline owners to sell off their cars without losing anything.

No doubt, have to take MRT Bus, but it's a good exit point to relief oneself of the monthly expenditure, which may be too much to endure for some boderline car owners!

I would suggest wait after the quota cut to sell, can sell higher.

Some people might have made 'mistake' in buying the car. After owning a car, they may realised they cannot tahan, or spending too much for the car, etc.

Now is actually a good time for these borderline owners to sell off their cars without losing anything.

No doubt, have to take MRT Bus, but it's a good exit point to relief oneself of the monthly expenditure, which may be too much to endure for some boderline car owners!

I would suggest wait after the quota cut to sell, can sell higher.

good analysis.

The difficult part is for sellers to find fuss free cash buyers for such low end cars.

unfortunately there are only a handful.

so the dealers still have the advantage of buying low from this borderline cases.

↡ Advertisement