Advice on installing rear spoiler on Hyundai car

Swiftee

Anyone can recommend any friendly workshop i can go to install a rear boot lip spoiler for my Hyundai car?

I went to a shop to enquire for a simple boot lip type without light one and got quoted $150! [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement

My advice: save your money.

You are adding weight and drag that will reduce the performance of your car and its fuel efficiency, and u are paying money to do so? Why?

Spoilers to improve handling? That is a fallacy unless u take sharp corner at ridiculous speed. If you are turning in the carpark at < 60km/hr, you wun feel any difference for the downforce as the generated downforce kicks in at higher speed when it is a function of speed^2. Anyway, change your tire and u will get better handling at all speed without the issue of drag.

To make your car look cool? Then ok lor.... but I think it will be better if u save up and buy a cooler looking car like a Sirocco?

You are adding weight and drag that will reduce the performance of your car and its fuel efficiency, and u are paying money to do so? Why?

Spoilers to improve handling? That is a fallacy unless u take sharp corner at ridiculous speed. If you are turning in the carpark at < 60km/hr, you wun feel any difference for the downforce as the generated downforce kicks in at higher speed when it is a function of speed^2. Anyway, change your tire and u will get better handling at all speed without the issue of drag.

To make your car look cool? Then ok lor.... but I think it will be better if u save up and buy a cooler looking car like a Sirocco?

How heavy can a spoiler be? Duh. A plastic made spoiler don't even weight more than 1KG. And, he was asking where can he install and not question on whether spoiler will improve his car's performance or handling. You're spouting nonsense and rubbish comments.

Edited by Versatile

Anyone can recommend any friendly workshop i can go to install a rear boot lip spoiler for my Hyundai car?

I went to a shop to enquire for a simple boot lip type without light one and got quoted $150! [dizzy]

Which workshop you go? You can try a few. Mancando at Sim Ming or VIM Auto.

Which idiot told you only by changing tire will helps in improving handling at all speed? You need to take coilover, anti-roll bar, struct bars and misc into consideration before your "constructive" comments above that is zero help to TS.

Which workshop you go? You can try a few. Mancando at Sim Ming or VIM Auto.

Ok i will try give them a call to ask for quote. Was wondering can get 2nd hand one?

Actually my intention is just to break the odd shape of my car backside.

So just wanted a simple duck lip spoiler. Something like this rear spoiler from this shop http://www.solomonbrothers.sg/kfe.htm (Simple and nice.)

How heavy can a spoiler be? Duh. A plastic made spoiler don't even weight more than 1KG. And, he was asking where can he install and not question on whether spoiler will improve his car's performance or handling. You're spouting nonsense and rubbish comments.

My message was: spoiler adds weight AND drag but does not improved perfomance. 1 kg is still weight and spoiler does add drag and given that you did not attack my point that a spoiler adds nothing to performance, I assumed u agree on this point. You see, my points were neither nonsense nor rubbish. Its just physics. I also tried to help my looking at why he may want to install a spoiler. My intend was good, facts supported with law of physics, and assessed with common sense. Furthermore, I told him its my advice. Its up to him whether he wants to take it or not.

You replies to my post on the other hand was far less helpful and very emotional. Take a chill pill ok. That was me expressing my opinion TRYING to help.

Which idiot told you only by changing tire will helps in improving handling at all speed? You need to take coilover, anti-roll bar, struct bars and misc into consideration before your "constructive" comments above that is zero help to TS.

The idiot was: The law of physics.

I hate to underline your lack of understanding in physics, but all things being equal, assuming everypart is the same. If u install better tyres with better grip that has greater frictional co-efficient, your handling WILL improve at all speed. Sure adding all that you mentioned will also improve. I do not deny your expertise. Let me give you an example, if two of the same car say a Ford Fiesta, all installed with the best "coilover, anti-roll bar, struct bars and misc " money can buy. One has stock tyres the other racing tyre, which one will have better handling at all speed?

I dunno what is with your name calling? You obvious miscontrued by point or have a bad day in office. Take it easy and dun take it out on others ok. Respect others and others will respect you.

Ok i will try give them a call to ask for quote. Was wondering can get 2nd hand one?

So just wanted a simple duck lip spoiler. Something like this rear spoiler from this shop http://www.solomonbrothers.sg/kfe.htm (Simple and nice.)

If you dun like the shape of the car why buy it in the 1st place??????? My advise is to save up on all the mod you want and buy a better car you like next time. [rolleyes]

My message was: spoiler adds weight AND drag but does not improved perfomance. 1 kg is still weight and spoiler does add drag and given that you did not attack my point that a spoiler adds nothing to performance, I assumed u agree on this point. You see, my points were neither nonsense nor rubbish. Its just physics. I also tried to help my looking at why he may want to install a spoiler. My intend was good, facts supported with law of physics, and assessed with common sense. Furthermore, I told him its my advice. Its up to him whether he wants to take it or not.

You replies to my post on the other hand was far less helpful and very emotional. Take a chill pill ok. That was me expressing my opinion TRYING to help.

Please lah, don't be draggy. His question was a simple one. WHERE to install. Don't have to come and add all unnecessary comments that is not revelant to the subject. Keep your law of physics to yourself. Nobody is interested in it.

I dunno what is with your name calling? You obvious miscontrued by point or have a bad day in office. Take it easy and dun take it out on others ok. Respect others and others will respect you.

This has nothing gonna do with bad day in office. The day is fine. Thank you. The reason why i'm spending time replying you is because i do have free time to surf the web on my desk. Be nice to others and not come bashing into someone's thread with your first post on the forum.

Talking about respect.

What car are you driving? I'm not sure about solomon brothers but the last time i enquired for a plastic common side skirt and was quoted 300plus. I think they are on the high side of vendor. You can try macando first and i believe they do give reasonable pricing.

Or, you can try Club Hyundai forums and hopefully to find one on the marketplace.

hahaha... bro Versatile stand up for TS ah... haha... the Hyundai brother hood...

anyways my comments... i think all spoilers and GT wings are UGLY... yuck pui... i am referring to cars with a boot... and normal cars on the road.. not those track cars or drift cars...

BUT... there are exceptions... original spoilers that came with the car looks good.... example... Civic Type R looks great... EVOs and WRXs look good with their original spoiler but i seriously think they look nicer without one.. especially those stiff suspension, lowered... without spoiler looks cool... but not for the type R though...

and i presume TS is referring to a getz? if so, i think hatchbacks should have a spoiler... i would install one if i drove a jazz/fit... getz... for hatchbacks they look better with one...

:D

hahaha... bro Versatile stand up for TS ah... haha... the Hyundai brother hood...

anyways my comments... i think all spoilers and GT wings are UGLY... yuck pui... i am referring to cars with a boot... and normal cars on the road.. not those track cars or drift cars...

BUT... there are exceptions... original spoilers that came with the car looks good.... example... Civic Type R looks great... EVOs and WRXs look good with their original spoiler but i seriously think they look nicer without one.. especially those stiff suspension, lowered... without spoiler looks cool... but not for the type R though...

and i presume TS is referring to a getz? if so, i think hatchbacks should have a spoiler... i would install one if i drove a jazz/fit... getz... for hatchbacks they look better with one...

:D

No lah. I don't stand up for hyundai brotherhood. My comments is fair for all. First, TS came in to ask a simple question on where to install. Somehow, some idiot came in and start bashing about their knowledge on "LAW OF PHYSICS" which was totally uncalled for. Yes, i agreed spoiler only appear to be nicer for hatchback. However, it's subjective. Cause i see many rax/evo or other cars with GT Wings and Spoiler. However, this depends how they want their car to look like and how much moola they are willing to spend.

It's up to individual.. if he can afford, why bother about it. As long as TS SONG.

What car are you driving? I'm not sure about solomon brothers but the last time i enquired for a plastic common side skirt and was quoted 300plus. I think they are on the high side of vendor. You can try macando first and i believe they do give reasonable pricing.

Or, you can try Club Hyundai forums and hopefully to find one on the marketplace.

I agree on that they are on the high side as they will make sure the thing will look nice without odd looking gaps or whatsoever. Well its their rice bowl for them in terms of such things.

How about trying your luck across the causeway if you frequent JB, should be much cheaper. You can try another shop at Paya Ubi, If I remember the name is Super Modern.

Install Gt wing or mugen spoiler better la duck tail for wad? cant see it..might well dun install..

Install Gt wing or mugen spoiler better la duck tail for wad? cant see it..might well dun install..

I see people install EVO7 spoiler on avante before! Gan pai kua............ BUT.. they SONG la..

I agree on that they are on the high side as they will make sure the thing will look nice without odd looking gaps or whatsoever. Well its their rice bowl for them in terms of such things.

How about trying your luck across the causeway if you frequent JB, should be much cheaper. You can try another shop at Paya Ubi, If I remember the name is Super Modern.

soloman that hong kong guy is very professional... work done is very high standards... so of course more expensive lor... ^_^ if you get pu instead of fiberglass, smoothness should be better....

Super Modern used to be near Ah boy at Jalan Bersah... they are over priced if you ask me... workmanship is only good if you do the expensive jobs... their prize winning show cars are great! but regular cheaper kits are... well... [lipsrsealed]

For JB... unless you know a good shop, i would say 90% of the body kit shops are hopeless...

↡ Advertisement