MAZDA 6

Voxy28

On 1/20/2024 at 2:06 PM, ER-3682 said:

If Mileage over 120,000Km,i-Eloop.,the most Expensive repair.

Any way to check on the health of the i-eloop? If it were to fail, basically the car is bricked?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
On 1/20/2024 at 4:31 PM, boonhat_91 said:

Any way to check on the health of the i-eloop? If it were to fail, basically the car is bricked?

I afraid no way..see Mileage,mine kena on the 8th Year,105,000Km...i scrapped the Car,but it is also a "God Bless"...i bought a new Camry in 2021 with only $46,002 COE.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)
On 1/20/2024 at 2:11 PM, Didu said:

Also check if side mirrors have folding difficulty.  

These are cheap to repair,i-Eloop very expensive & need to leave in Workshop for 2 Weeks(if the Car cannot move),usually Stockists won't keep Stocks for the i-Eloop,because have Expiry Date.🤦‍♂️👎

Edited by ER-3682

Twincharged

That time,i am lucky,i done a "Reset" by taking out the Battery,God Bless can used another 6 Months with no issue,except,no i-Stop.

Twincharged
On 1/20/2024 at 7:27 PM, Macrosszero said:

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/01/mazda6-production-ends-for-japan-as-suvs-take-the-wheel/#

It’s about time that they put the 10 year old platform out to pasture… way out of date and the world has moved on

Actually Mazda 6's Design still quite nice..the Exterior & Interior  still can match the latest Japanese Cars,it is only the Engine & Gearbox,a tad out of Date,in fact,the Mazda 6's Handling still one of the best around,can match or better than a few Conti Models.

• Praise 2

On 1/20/2024 at 2:11 PM, Didu said:

Also check if side mirrors have folding difficulty.  

Small issue lah...this one.

• Haha! 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:42 PM, ER-3682 said:

These are cheap to repair,i-Eloop very expensive & need to leave in Workshop for 2 Weeks(if the Car cannot move),usually Stockists won't keep Stocks for the i-Eloop,because have Expiry Date.🤦‍♂️👎

How much were you quoted to replace the capacitors?

Twincharged
On 1/21/2024 at 12:13 PM, Conan86 said:

How much were you quoted to replace the capacitors?

$1,800.00...

3rd Gear
(edited)

Under the impression Mz6 does not have i-Eloop(mine doesn't have it), only i-Stop, hence there's no mild hybrid tag on Mz6. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by tanwm

On 1/22/2024 at 10:05 AM, tanwm said:

Under the impression Mz6 does not have i-Eloop(mine doesn't have it), only i-Stop, hence there's no mild hybrid tag on Mz6. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

For 2.5L, yes.

• Praise 2

@ER-3682i continue here, getting a bit off topic on the tyre thread. I was considering switching to 18 inch if I do change rims, based on feedback seen on this thread itself and elsewhere. Attracted by lighter wheel and potentially cheaper rubbers vs 19 inch. Anw all these still kiv for future🙂

Twincharged
On 1/28/2024 at 11:35 PM, boonhat_91 said:

@ER-3682i continue here, getting a bit off topic on the tyre thread. I was considering switching to 18 inch if I do change rims, based on feedback seen on this thread itself and elsewhere. Attracted by lighter wheel and potentially cheaper rubbers vs 19 inch. Anw all these still kiv for future🙂

Not much cheaper for Tyres,now 225/45-19 Tyres very common,unlike my 2013 time,this size is uncommon,at least $500.00 per Pc.

• Praise 1

Hi all, just taken over a secondhand 6 and enjoying it so far. A couple of questions:

1a) Battery has '12/7/2022' written on it. From what I read, battery life isn't great on these cars. Given that it is 1.5 years now, should I change new battery as a precautionary measure? PPI didn't find any issues with the battery.

1b) If change battery, any tom dick harry battery shop can do it? I did see a few posts mentioning the need to reset something? Does it require a more specialized technician to do a battery change?

2) Not really a question but just reporting. Experienced what seemed like the ghost touch issue twice on Sat, but zero times yesterday. Will continue to observe for the time being. Any recommendations or fixes? I'm also considering retrofitting Carplay/AA (mine is pre-facelift) but I wouldn't want the ghost touch to be hanging around.

Twincharged
On 1/29/2024 at 9:50 AM, boonhat_91 said:

Hi all, just taken over a secondhand 6 and enjoying it so far. A couple of questions:

1a) Battery has '12/7/2022' written on it. From what I read, battery life isn't great on these cars. Given that it is 1.5 years now, should I change new battery as a precautionary measure? PPI didn't find any issues with the battery.

1b) If change battery, any tom dick harry battery shop can do it? I did see a few posts mentioning the need to reset something? Does it require a more specialized technician to do a battery change?

2) Not really a question but just reporting. Experienced what seemed like the ghost touch issue twice on Sat, but zero times yesterday. Will continue to observe for the time being. Any recommendations or fixes? I'm also considering retrofitting Carplay/AA (mine is pre-facelift) but I wouldn't want the ghost touch to be hanging around.

Need Q85 Battery...will have Warning Message...if Battery going to die.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:34 AM, ER-3682 said:

Need Q85 Battery...will have Warning Message...if Battery going to die.

yup I'm aware of the Q85 requirement. Assuming the tom dick harry battery shop got sell Q85, the battery replacement is straightforward? Need to reset any other thing?

Oh 1 more thing.. any feedback on the longevity/reliability of the sunroof mechanism? I have been opening and closing it many times to entertain my cranky son 🤣

↡ Advertisement