Lakeview, Automobile Megamart

Hookwai

If you want agent warranty, just buy a car that still has agent warranty, just check with agent to make sure. Then if a major problem occurs, there's a party to turn to.

Didn't know latio gearbox so cui.

↡ Advertisement

if that you still felt conned by LV, I would like to give you an example of dealers which tampered with mileage.

2 weeks ago, I happen to view this car.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...410&DL=1043

I believe that the odo is about less then 100,000 km for a 5 years old car.

But it does not seems right for me firstly, 2 owners really stay so near to office???

I happen to dug up the log book and the first owner had did some servicing at Lexus before.

So first servicing, maybe at about last week of Aug~first week: 1666km.

Then 2 months later, 10,000km servicing.

Then another 2 months later, 20,000km service.

Skip the 30,000service and back to service 40,000.

Log book records stops here I if that I am not mistaken.

I quoted a question to the sales, how long did the first owner own the car?

He answered 2 years.

I am thinking to myself, owned for 2 years and drove at average 5000km per month. How come mileage is so low? The first owner might had used the car for over 120,000km if that ownership is actual 2 years.

I walk away afterwards.

Our tax structure made cars to depreciate so much comparing with anywhere else in the World hence such practice is for the company to keep themselves sustainable.

Personally, I don't find cars with annual mileage of 30,000 high as when I worked in Tuas, I traveled about 28,000 km per annual just to/from office/home.

A genuine OPC car which belongs to one of my close friend was sold to a dealer.

Reg Dec 2005 and actual mileage was only 20,000km.

However, car was only serviced twice over the 5 years of ownership. 1 minor accident to the undercarriage and at 1 point of time, the engine was in such a bad shape and had to see the doc twice to have it fixed up. Having cars with low mileage a good deal? My other friends driving the same car which had much higher mileage experience nothing like that as all keep their service regularly.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, Sorry to hear abt your issue but bear in mind, when buying used products, be it a car or even a electrical product, don't expect it to be in good condition and last long as well.

It's always a risk to buy a secondhand car, might end up changing worn out parts very month minimum. consider yourself lucky as the dealer is gentleman enough to fork out 50% of your cost. Most dealers will say not my problem, won't pay.

Hope you get it fixed with the dealer soon.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Bought mine car from lakeview, service was good. V-Belt going bad within 2nd week, they change without charges.

Could be small cost they wont bother.

I think buying a 2nd hand car is better than buying a new spoiled car for my case.

Bought a Chery A1 3 months ago, 1st day door already got problem, went for repair immediately, still spoil.

Body of car all not properly fix, SIAN!!!!!!

No-one to blame. I would say that its your friend's "bad luck" to get this car.

I'm sure he test-drove the car before buying. No problem with the gearbox then, else he would not have bought it.

After he buy, you cannot blame the dealer for the gearbox fault since at the point of purchase, it was working perfectly.

An offer to pay half the cost of repairs is like a deal from heaven man. Esp when the cost of repairs is $3,000, as verfied by a 3rd party, which is autosaver.

test drive got drive reverse ?? how often do u do tat? [rolleyes]

I think buying a 2nd hand car is better than buying a new spoiled car for my case.

Bought a Chery A1 3 months ago, 1st day door already got problem, went for repair immediately, still spoil.

Body of car all not properly fix, SIAN!!!!!!

how much u paid for it? why not consider a korean make then?

Edited by Yeshe

Anyone bought car from LV recently? How's the salesperson Daniel? Thinking of buying a car there.

I bought my car from him, he is a nice guy but you need to bargain with him on some things I feel.

Neutral Newbie

My frank opinion, your friend is lucky that the dealer is still willing to bear half the cost...Many a times, dealers will just walk away. These problems are sometimes difficult to detect, even at STA...try negotiate for more, do the repair and ask for warranty..Just my humble opinion

I bought my car from him, he is a nice guy but you need to bargain with him on some things I feel.

Thanks for the feedback.

Neutral Newbie

yea..go for twm warranty next time. they warrant your gearbox for 1,2,3 years (depends on how much you want to fork out)

but if you are driving continental car, the authorised workshop might take some time to solve your gearbox issue.

↡ Advertisement