Can Singaporean Drive Malaysia Car ?

Astro

Will be visiting relative in Malaysia sometime next month and was wondering if I am allowed to drive Malaysia registered car with a Singapore Driving License. If it is allowed do you know of any website where this is highlighted. Would like to do some reading up as well as print a copy to bring along for the trip just in case I am stopped by the local police. Thanks for any advise and update.

↡ Advertisement

Will be visiting relative in Malaysia sometime next month and was wondering if I am allowed to drive Malaysia registered car with a Singapore Driving License. If it is allowed do you know of any website where this is highlighted. Would like to do some reading up as well as print a copy to bring along for the trip just in case I am stopped by the local police. Thanks for any advise and update.

driving Malaysian registered car in Malaysia is allowed.. if not, how do people rent cars to drive in there? unless you're driving a Malaysian registered car into Singapore, then SG side won't allow you to do that..

Thanks for the prompt reply cause I thought there is a need for international driving license to operate malaysian registered automobile.

Don't get caught can already lor... SAF 8th core value also dunno? [laugh]

Some tips on not to get caught..

1. Drive at normal speed and drive like the locals do. Don't do funny things that they don't do.

2. Don't drive during late night. You will most likely encounter road blocks and that is where you will get caught.

3. Daytime is ok to drive cos most of them are hiding somewhere resting. You don't normally see them in the day unless there's an operation or something.

Thanks for the prompt reply cause I thought there is a need for international driving license to operate malaysian registered automobile.

Singapore license can be consider "international license" for right hand drive.

You can only drive Malaysian cars from rental. Not Malaysian cars borrowed from you Malaysian friends/relatives..

For me I drive short distance within town.. Out of town will be dangerous and easier to get caught..

Last June school holiday,been to Penang to visit relative.They help us to rent sedan car which only available but due to our big family of six,they swop, by giving us use their MPV instead.As long you drive normally,everything is fine.Furthermore the locals will be very friendly with you on the road as they thought that you are one of them.

It save your journey as you need not have to drive a long distance and dont have to worry about the car itself...cheers [;)]

Have been working in MY also owned MY car. Registered MY car with SG license at JPJ no problem. Insurance also no issue. Kena road block with MY car showed SG license Polis oso didnt say anything.

If u want to play save, can get IDP at AA for $22 only valid for 1 year.

You can only drive Malaysian cars from rental. Not Malaysian cars borrowed from you Malaysian friends/relatives..

For me I drive short distance within town.. Out of town will be dangerous and easier to get caught..

i drive in malaysia almost daily in my JB-registered. Kena road blocks at least 100+ over the past decades for various offences. Never once was this subject of Singapore liscence driving a Malaysia car an issue to me.

But we singaporean cant drive malaysia car only in Singapore for reasons only known to the stupid singapore government.

i drive in malaysia almost daily in my JB-registered. Kena road blocks at least 100+ over the past decades for various offences. Never once was this subject of Singapore liscence driving a Malaysia car an issue to me.

But we singaporean cant drive malaysia car only in Singapore for reasons only known to the stupid singapore government.

that's your answer bro!!! [cool]

I don't think there are alot of countries that allow you to drive a car not registered in their own country for prolong period.

If not alot of people will buy car from a cheaper nation & bring to their country.

Edited by Kiadaw

Singapore License -> drive Malaysian Registered car -> in Malaysia = [thumbsup] - risks

Singapore License -> drive Singapore Registered car -> in Malaysia = [thumbsup] + risks

Singapore License -> drive Malaysian Registered car -> in Singapore = [thumbsdown] + fines

I know the reason.. Our car more expensive, much of the price go to our gahmen, of course they won't want Singaporeans to buy car across causeway, drive back in ma...

Neutral Newbie

bring along yr singapore driving license wit 2 passport size photo n go to AA(automobile association of singapore) n apply for a international driving permit($22 for 1year)...can drive(right hand driving car) in over 130+ countries wit tat driving permit,even rental oso...no need to apply extra insurance or road tax...

Yes in Malaysia but not in SG

Singapore license can be consider "international license" for right hand drive.

Don't seems to be true. It is applicable to either right hand or left hand drive.

Rest assured, you are allow to drive a MY car in Malaysia but not in Singapore.

Same as in Australia & New Zealand where one hold a SG licence can drive their vehicle in their counties.

↡ Advertisement