SPC vs Shell

Obscurest

Folks,

Wondering is there a difference in power when pump SPC petrol vs Shell?

Reason for asking is because, recently I pump SPC cos of its great discount but after pumping, i realised there is a drop in power. My car become sluggish.

Not sure if is my wrong or there is really a difference between this 2 petrol.

Note : All along i am pumping Shell.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

I feel the same way. Or is it just psychological? But it seems that whenever I pump on Shell, I get better FC. I've stopped pumping at SPC 2 years ago :)

I really feel that the car is less responsive. As for poor FC, that i am not too sure.

In fact, to prove that im wrong, i just top up $30 Shell 95 and my car is back to her usual power again.

Hainz.

So now my next concern is that will SPC harm her.... hohoho...

Neutral Newbie

I fully agreed, SPC 92 is the worst petrol comparing ESSO & CALTEX 92. My Honda Fit becomes sluggish after topping SPC bot not ESSO or CALTEX. This is my honest opinion.

for those who felt that there are diff in the quality from 1 brand and another, would suggest for you guys to do a few round of blind test. ask someone to pump the petrol for you and guess what brand... make it a 5 round test ... or 10 round to be even more accurate... see the answer for yourself...

I have a few friends who claimed that we-Power is the best but with the blind test, ALL of them cannot even tell the different of normal Ron 92 vs we-power...

of cos, if you are rich, going for a dyno is another option...

Edited by Tigershark1976

I really feel that the car is less responsive. As for poor FC, that i am not too sure.

In fact, to prove that im wrong, i just top up $30 Shell 95 and my car is back to her usual power again.

Hainz.

So now my next concern is that will SPC harm her.... hohoho...

How can that be? I thought fuel are roughly the same? The fuel comes from supplier right, so shouldn't the fuels be more or less the same for each grade?

Neutral Newbie

Folks,

Wondering is there a difference in power when pump SPC petrol vs Shell?

Reason for asking is because, recently I pump SPC cos of its great discount but after pumping, i realised there is a drop in power. My car become sluggish.

Not sure if is my wrong or there is really a difference between this 2 petrol.

Note : All along i am pumping Shell.

Thanks

Do you function differently when you drink from Evian bottled water, tap water or boiled water?

Do you function differently when you drink from Evian bottled water, tap water or boiled water?

Bro,

Think that comparison is a bit different leh.

Eerrrr im not against any company or promoting any over here.

Just wana seek some advices or views on what i have raised.

Initially when i pump SPC 95, i really thought that im just bias so i try one more round of full tank.

Till today, as i really dont have the chance to pump at SPC, i top up $30 of Shell 95 so that I have enough petrol to last me till weekend then i pump @ SPC again.

I immed fell that my car is more responsive.

I am not sure if there is really difference in the quality but very sure that is not bias as at the end of the day, i will still go for SPC cos i dun have a fat wallet.

Just raise this issue to clear my doubts tats all.

Cheers.

SPC has all the while been known for its petrol being weaker than all the other brands. (Although got more discounts)

Stick to the F1 petrol , will not go wrong.

Me too feel there is a drop in power and become sluggish even i pump SPC 98 or 95 but slighty better mileage.

Still prefer Esso 95 which is smoother.

Me too feel there is a drop in power and become sluggish even i pump SPC 98 or 95 but slighty better mileage.

Still prefer Esso 95 or 98 which is much smoother.

SPC has all the while been known for its petrol being weaker than all the other brands. (Although got more discounts)

Stick to the F1 petrol , will not go wrong.

dun agree spc cheaper

esso with citi dividend card is 15 station + 4.5 dividend + 2.5 smiles card. SPC got cheaper?

while we're on the subject, where does the oil in SPC come from? we know shell, exxonmobil have their foreign sources, but SPC?

Oil come from almost the same source,only additives is not the same,maybe SPC additives come from China.?[sPC is now China owned],while Shell,Caltex & Esso additives still from U.S,U.K....?

↡ Advertisement