This works for Fuel savings

Rao

it works for me not sure if it will for you.

as my ride is a heavy one 230JM.

i pump pertol only 1/4 max 1/2tank if plan to drive long distance.

i pump frequently. i notice m fc hit new landmark of 9.5km/l

used to be 8-8.5 prev.

does this sound logic to you?

cheers

↡ Advertisement

why would one be so concerned about FC when he buys a 2.3l vehicle... abit illogical... and by pumping 1/4 tank, you be going petrol station more often...... money can earn back... time cannot

used to be 8-8.5 prev.

cheers

possible as the other bros highlighted and the other is the quality of fresh petrol however hear said that if you don pump full the tank will get rusty overtime

used to be 8-8.5 prev.

cheers

of course it does... the lighter your car the less fuel it burns to move it... If you watch F1 some parts of the race the teams need to decide to run on full or just enough till the next pit stop... in their case time and placing and other factors take into account...

But all cars will have a slightly better FC if they travel lighter... on top of other factors like speed and car type also take into account on actual FC.

Yours definitely a guzzler.

why would one be so concerned about FC when he buys a 2.3l vehicle... abit illogical... and by pumping 1/4 tank, you be going petrol station more often...... money can earn back... time cannot

... ^_^ ...

Logical because you don't carry additional weight by having a full tank :-)

How heavy is half tank of petrol? Compared to kerb weight + driver/passenger of at least 1.5 ton? :wacko:

How heavy is half tank of petrol? Compared to kerb weight + driver/passenger of at least 1.5 ton? :wacko:

you should be able to feel the difference in power of a car when you are carrying a passenger and when you're not. A full tank of petrol weighs about 40kg.

get a 2.3l car dan come here to tell us u wan to save petrol and it works for u the way u does??? com'on, change to a 1.3l car dan save until gao gao till jurong...

this kind of thread is obviously want to seek attention by starting a stupid thread to attract rebute.

Lol, I agreed. If driving a vios or Getz or Jazz and trying to get better FC, I can understand. Drive a 230J and trying to save fuel till such an extend....lol......Change car, its better for you.

This strategy disregards price fluctuations. If price increased by the time you pump again, savings down/gone.

Plus some stations give discount if pump beyond a certain amount, 1/2 or 1/4 tank may not get you there.

-_-

↡ Advertisement