Computer experts, help!

Tleslie

when i turn on my laptop, it will auto off after a few minutes.

this process will last a few times. it will only remain on after several attempts.

and it will auto turn off in the middle of my work.

i dun think it is over heated, the laptop has not even warm up yet.

besides, i have a usb fan pad on.

laptop running window vista.

anyone experienced this before? scan virus nothing found too.

↡ Advertisement

Recently had the exact same problem, brought it to my usual repair shop to check and turned out that some of the capacitors were blown. If this is the case then they can be replaced for a low price.

On the other hand, if the motherboard is faulty then it'll be much more costly to repair or replace.

this process will last a few times. it will only remain on after several attempts.

yep its the motherboard faulty.

I had the same problem, sometimes even can't bootup for hours. Luckily under warranty, the tech came down and said motherboard problem. After changing ok liao.

i've got an IT issue also. hope someone from this thread can help. I got a new mouse,plug into my laptop USB port but the laptop dun recognize the fellow leh...but same brand as my previous mouse....the brand is EG!!!!!!!!!

i've got an IT issue also. hope someone from this thread can help. I got a new mouse,plug into my laptop USB port but the laptop dun recognize the fellow leh...but same brand as my previous mouse....the brand is EG!!!!!!!!!

unknown device in device manager?

try returning for a new set?

I have a problem also. I cannot go Harwarezone website. The stupid Canon and Open Net Advertisement keeps repeating itself. Anyone has a solution?

I have a problem also. I cannot go Harwarezone website. The stupid Canon and Open Net Advertisement keeps repeating itself. Anyone has a solution?

use firefox browser?

hwz too many ads now liao compare to few yrs back... juz try to close every ads if u die die need to go there...

another similar website dan hwz is vrz which i prefer more dan hwz... hwz only edmw is worth going.. lol

Recently had the exact same problem, brought it to my usual repair shop to check and turned out that some of the capacitors were blown. If this is the case then they can be replaced for a low price.

On the other hand, if the motherboard is faulty then it'll be much more costly to repair or replace.

Is it a DELL?

Looks like the capacitor issues are coming back to haunt us again. Back in the late 90s, I had 2 motherboards affected and 1 power supply "exploded".

Managed to replace the caps on the board myself, save it from being junked and managed to use them for another few more years before upgradeing.

As for the power supply, after opening up, the cap is gone, left only the 2 legs standing on the board.

Check if your laptop fan unit is working. Looks like your CPU is frying. Once it hit about 100 degree C it will auto shut down.

Check if your laptop fan unit is working. Looks like your CPU is frying. Once it hit about 100 degree C it will auto shut down.

the laptop auto off even when "cold" start....

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to hijack. Got a problem with my desktop as the power button flashes on and off non stop like it's on standby but it isn't. Pressed the button a few times to "revive" it and even unplugged the power source but problem still persists. Any idea what went wrong?

Is it a DELL?

Looks like the capacitor issues are coming back to haunt us again. Back in the late 90s, I had 2 motherboards affected and 1 power supply "exploded".

Managed to replace the caps on the board myself, save it from being junked and managed to use them for another few more years before upgradeing.

As for the power supply, after opening up, the cap is gone, left only the 2 legs standing on the board.

Nope, Compaq. Not a DELL [laugh]