Daytime Running Light

Sparcoray

i kena saman for $50 for install the DRL to my subaru ride. [:(]

I kenna also with other things. But still installed it nonetheless. Feel more upmarket and the theory is safety since new models have them too except one comes with it and the other aftermarket which also means legal or illegal ha. LTA's stupid reasoning.

I kenna also with other things. But still installed it nonetheless. Feel more upmarket and the theory is safety since new models have them too except one comes with it and the other aftermarket which also means legal or illegal ha. LTA's stupid reasoning.

.....theory of DRL for safety is correct [thumbsup]

but it's also for this very reason that regulations on lux, divergence, installation details and so on are to be met that other road users and perhaps even pedestrians are not inconvenienced.

it would look silly if what was for safety reasons to begin with should contribute to an accident at the end of the day.

LTA may or may not know those details, but I think it's more like they prefer not to have to check every car that has aftermarket DRL installed,....simply because they don't have the manpower not to even mention too damn time consuming. For them, best to just leave it to the car makers and test only the/each type new model on import.

car makers not only meet those safety regulations but also have them tested.

cannot any how call people stupid lah, ..........want to feel upmarket then buy one with factory fitted DRL lor.,

no problem right ? <_<

• Praise 2

Yellow foggies were not allowed many years back. If yrs is yellow, Its illegal. U cud hv problems with TP.

Now only white foggies r approved. Even u go Inspection, ty might ask u to change. Some is just a yellow plastic film stuck on the lens or ty use a yellow bulb.

Yes. Thats why foggies r placed low down. Its to throw the light below the fog n light up the road markings n sides of the road.

mine stock from VW leh, can pass inspection?

Keithchue, on 14 Jan 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

mine stock from VW leh, can pass inspection?

stock of cos pass la.

if not, how they passed in the first place when car came through custom. self pawn meh?

this so-call daytime running light is suppose to be factory fitted right? and it is not to be used as small light at night right?

saw a stupid black Gen2 fitted the strip light (and farking dim type) and never turn on any light in the evening, coming form behind like knight rider, expect people to see him and give way <_<<_<

worse is the rear light was also dim.

My humble opinion is that SG drivers who wanted to install DRL is more likely because of cosmetic aspect. Look cool. Safety aspect is more likely to be secondary.

If safety [increase visibility during daytime] is primary, then simply turn on the headlights when necessary [eg. in tunnel, MSCP, downcast weather, etc....]. DRL will become secondary.

My ride don't have DRL. I turn on my headlights when approaching those locations whereby other roadusers are rushing out to join the expressways. This would increase the visibility of our rides. Turn off the headlights thereafter.

• Praise 4

My humble opinion is that SG drivers who wanted to install DRL is more likely because of cosmetic aspect. Look cool. Safety aspect is more likely to be secondary.

If safety [increase visibility during daytime] is primary, then simply turn on the headlights when necessary [eg. in tunnel, MSCP, downcast weather, etc....]. DRL will become secondary.

My ride don't have DRL. I turn on my headlights when approaching those locations whereby other roadusers are rushing out to join the expressways. This would increase the visibility of our rides. Turn off the headlights thereafter.

i agree about thus drl light.....the lights are actually good if it increase visibility but bad if the lights are so darn bright especially at night where it can cause temporary loss of sight due to the brightness. It can be dangerous at times but sometime i would rather think that there are chingay floats behind me!
  • Praise 1

i agree about thus drl light.....the lights are actually good if it increase visibility but bad if the lights are so darn bright especially at night where it can cause temporary loss of sight due to the brightness. It can be dangerous at times but sometime i would rather think that there are chingay floats behind me!

Original DRL turn themselves off or dims when at night (with main beams turned on). It is those after market ones (and those IDIOTS that drive around with only DRLs at night) that cause problems.

• Praise 2

Original DRL turn themselves off or dims when at night (with main beams turned on). It is those after market ones (and those IDIOTS that drive around with only DRLs at night) that cause problems.

yes...i have no issues with factory fitted ones and those that are illegal but conforms to the factory parameters and spec....its those that are bright and fitted in a way it becomes a hazard to others that makes me boil. Kana once by an SUV in AYE...was in the 2nd lane and it blinded me for a while due to the brightness of the headlight's LED.

this so-call daytime running light is suppose to be factory fitted right? and it is not to be used as small light at night right?

saw a stupid black Gen2 fitted the strip light (and farking dim type) and never turn on any light in the evening, coming form behind like knight rider, expect people to see him and give way <_<<_<

worse is the rear light was also dim.

drl supposed to be dimmed when pole and / or main beam on; it's max brightness only for daytime, dat y called DRL / 日行灯.

yes, i agree aesthetic is main motivator behind installn of DRL n whiter lights. also, headlights too hot n may accel deterioration to headlight clear plastic cover; at least properly designed DRL has heat sink n separate ballast for heat transfer.

• Praise 2

upz this thread again!

anyone had done DRL on your ride?

for example, below picture.

how much is the damage, the part model and where did you get it done?

how to know whether it is really bright enough to see during day time?

note: pls do not discuss about LTA approval or not, this and that. thanks. =p

DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-with-R87-E4.jp

Very nicely done ...............

• Praise 1

you the man [thumbsup] ...... safety first

• Praise 1

I done for my previous ride, when I send for the car inspection, the officer in charge asked me to "blank off" (using black masking tape) the Day time running light as it was illegal , they did not issue me any fine or warning.

he said that don't caught by LTA or TP when travelling on road.

if OEM, it should be fine.

thanks

I done for my previous ride, when I send for the car inspection, the officer in charge asked me to "blank off" (using black masking tape) the Day time running light as it was illegal , they did not issue me any fine or warning.

he said that don't caught by LTA or TP when travelling on road.

if OEM, it should be fine.

thanks

heard if kana caught by lta on the road, dont necessary need to be on.

as long as installed means tio already.

heard if kana caught by lta on the road, dont necessary need to be on.

as long as installed means tio already.

ya, u right, this was what the inspection center officer told me. [:)][:)]

↡ Advertisement