Sticky tapes for car accessories

Redcafe10

Hi all,

I am looking for those thick sticky tape (double side) that is used to stick car accessories onto your dashboard or exterior of the car that is able to withstand rain and shine. Any bro knows where to buy?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hmmm.... clementi big bookshop... i got it there... heat resistant for automobiles... double side foam tape. $2 for 5 meters... buy those tapes used for high temp...

buy 3M VHB brand for industrial use or heavy duty type. Cost S$7.50

i bought the RED colour type. When you peel away the red colour, it is a transparent double side tape.

I used it for my car plate. Rain or shine, no problem.

Edited by Mcf777

if you wanna paste the 3M tape one dashboard or the windows.. better to use solution to 'bite' into it before sticking.

I've tried the 3M tapes (grey colours ones with red plastic).. it will drop out after a few days.. I had to use a liquid to bite first then stick the tape..

if you wanna paste the 3M tape one dashboard or the windows.. better to use solution to 'bite' into it before sticking.

I've tried the 3M tapes (grey colours ones with red plastic).. it will drop out after a few days.. I had to use a liquid to bite first then stick the tape..

i 2nd to that.

ya man.. dun use those oil based liquids.. no use one.. it's only good to keep the surface free from dirt before pasting..

to bite the surface.. you need something acidic... of cos dun use strong ones, later your dashboard spoilt.

fyi, I got the Velcro.. those from homefix.. it's ready made velcros...

but they melt after parking under the sun for long hours... no use..

using a good liquid for biting.. followed by the normal 3M tapes.. is good enough..

the trick is that liquid...

oh.. just to add on...

I was saying for sticking stuff for interior... for exterior.. no need to treat the surface.. as long it's clean.. good enough.

Cheers

"using a good liquid for biting.. followed by the normal 3M tapes.. is good enough..

the trick is that liquid... "

Mmmm, can share on what is that liquid?

Where to buy and damage?

↡ Advertisement