Citibank Dividend Card or POSB Everyday Card

Yaloryalor

Which cards give more rebates and more benefits to user?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which cards give more rebates and more benefits to user?

• Dividend Card
    • Everyday Card
    • Others. Pls specify

recently jus incurred a late charge due to late payment. was a genuine mistake of mine as the transaction was auto charged by airbnb and i failed to notice it. have been using citi a lot lesser so didnt check online statement.  tried to ask for a waiver since 1st april via automated voice call since 1st april. didnt get backto me. finally managed to get thru to a CSO few days ago n she say she will apply for a waiver for me n ihave to wait for the message. declined.

so nvm. paid $105 for the late charge. now what would u guys do? cancel the card? im not using it much anyway. i've never had issues with waiving the annual fee n this is the first ttime i've missed out on the payment.. though it's my negligence but it leaves a bitter after taste abt citi.

currently im using the everyday card and uob one card, as well as citi cash back

Edited by StreetFight3r
↡ Advertisement

you should try again to ask for wavier, recently i had asked UOB to waive my annual fee after the 3rd try after the 1st 2 try was rejected.

For finance and late payment charges, this is subject to bank's goodwill and one's relationship with the bank.   

However, some banks are reluctant to waive off annual fees lately, which to me, is quite perplexing.   Especially during this pandemic period,  we are looking at ways to cut down cost.    In fact, usage of card payment for online orders is definitely increasing and the bank charges to the merchants are higher as well, why still "taxed" the consumers for using the card?

For me, I will ask for waiver, if rejected, a second time nicely stating the circumstances, if still declined, cut the card lor.

Just did with one of the big foreign bank.  Haiz.

30 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

recently jus incurred a late charge due to late payment. was a genuine mistake of mine as the transaction was auto charged by airbnb and i failed to notice it. have been using citi a lot lesser so didnt check online statement.  tried to ask for a waiver since 1st april via automated voice call since 1st april. didnt get backto me. finally managed to get thru to a CSO few days ago n she say she will apply for a waiver for me n ihave to wait for the message. declined.

so nvm. paid $105 for the late charge. now what would u guys do? cancel the card? im not using it much anyway. i've never had issues with waiving the annual fee n this is the first ttime i've missed out on the payment.. though it's my negligence but it leaves a bitter after taste abt citi.

currently im using the everyday card and uob one card, as well as citi cash back

I thought citi dividend is renamed as citi cash back? 

34 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

You should cancel the card.

From the bank's perspective, you are not a good customer because you hardly use the card and they only make money if you use it a lot or you owe money on the card so they collect interest. Right now, you are an credit risk to them (since they give you open credit) and also don't make them any money. They can't wait for you to cancel!

Anyone else here pays your monthly recurring telco and town council bills through GIRO arrangements charged to Citi credit cards? And then got recent messages about the bills not being paid? 

I got notices from M1 and Singtel that my GIRO debits failed. I checked my limit, card expiry date. All fine. Contacted Citibank and found out that due to a technical glitch, GIROs have been failing for months. What blew my mind is that Citi never contacted me to tell me about the glitch that has  been around for months. I only knew when 2 separate telcos sent me notices of non-payments. 

The solution proposed by Citi is to make new GIRO arrangements using a new card from another bank directly with the TC and telcos. 

Wow. First time ever I have a bank tell me to use a card from another bank instead of persuading me to stick to theirs. Times have changed

54 minutes ago, serenade said:

Anyone else here pays your monthly recurring telco and town council bills through GIRO arrangements charged to Citi credit cards? And then got recent messages about the bills not being paid? 

I got notices from M1 and Singtel that my GIRO debits failed. I checked my limit, card expiry date. All fine. Contacted Citibank and found out that due to a technical glitch, GIROs have been failing for months. What blew my mind is that Citi never contacted me to tell me about the glitch that has  been around for months. I only knew when 2 separate telcos sent me notices of non-payments. 

The solution proposed by Citi is to make new GIRO arrangements using a new card from another bank directly with the TC and telcos. 

Wow. First time ever I have a bank tell me to use a card from another bank instead of persuading me to stick to theirs. Times have changed

Not the bank problem I think.

M1 was using wirecard so their credit card payments got problem. M1 sent SMS to me to inform me. Not sure about Singtel but should be same issue.

Confused me for a moment...GIRO is direct bank debit, what you are referring to is recurring credit card payment.

Yea my AHTC informed me that they are affected by wirecard. So I have opted to pay via ibanking manually for now.

Borrow this thread to check with you folks on Citi priority account.

I had it for quite a few years, it requires a minimum monthly deposit of $70,000 and the interest has been quite pathetic.

Thinking of closing this account and transfer the money to other banks which provide better returns.

Before I proceed to close, could I check with you folks whether there are aspects of this account which I might had missed out? 

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

I had it for quite a few years, it requires a minimum monthly deposit of $70,000 and the interest has been quite pathetic.

Thinking of closing this account and transfer the money to other banks which provide better returns.

Before I proceed to close, could I check with you folks whether there are aspects of this account which I might had missed out? 

No need to close. Mafan if want to open again.

Just leave 2 dollar in there and transfer out all the rest. They will have to keep the acct alive forever. To close you go down to the branch and the car park charges will be more than 2 dollar, not counting petrol. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Don't waste your money in Citi as their focus is not in deposits or FDs unlike other banks. They've "auto upgraded" my acct through the years from normal to Priority to Citigold. All I get is different RMs pestering me to buy investment funds. I've since reduced to only few Ks balance and the calls stopped coming. 

Do check with them if they'll charge you monthly admin fee if your balance falls below certain amount. Else just close it.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 3

3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Require minimum monthly deposit of $70k??... 😱

↡ Advertisement