Honestly Iphone 4's antenna problem is overhyped

Cerano

The reception is about the same as 3GS which is bad but still wont cut off.

Alot of people hear Iphone 4 immediately assume "Wah call got get cut off?"

The truth is No such thing yet [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

The problem with reception existed before iPhone 4 so the reception you get is the same. Anyway, singapore is too small and the telcos have a pretty comprehensive network so it will not affect users here. try it in the US or other countries and you will see the problem.

not overhyped. just that not all sets affected equally. walk into more shops and play with their demo units. i only been into like 3 and already 1 have the problem. signal also drops quite fast. i'll be making noise if i have that set.

I believe that they already done something to their iphone4 that is in the factory after being found out.. As Apple always do, they will just do the solution without informing consumer so as not to spoil their "reputation" by admitting to the mistake..

i see a trend lah with the people around me. those making noise about the problem usually arent iphone 3 / 3GS user. of course, once they use the iphone4 for extended period of time, they will shut up.

i experience drop call many times liao for the 16GB.

my wife 32GB so far no drop call issue.

and her version is later than mine.

my call drop even when reception bar is high.

usually before call drop,i hear the other party voice on and off.

Edited by Turbonetics

SG land is too small to kena reception problem.

Perhaps countries like USA might get hit.

But frankly, iPhone reception is not good.

anyone knows if starhub has iphone 4 stock ? or any starhub authorised retailers has stock ? thanks ...

Link

For other iPhone-related queries, please call 1633 or the Business Hotline at 1800 888 8888 or click here.

Hope it helps.~

i do have quite a number of ip4 user around me and so far, no reception complaint... ... 1 and the only 1 complaint on reception issue is from st user and i can understand his problem (definitely not ip4 issue) since our office is a blind spot for M1 and st due to cooperate line is sh and they have one transmitter inside our office.... my desire on ST also weak reception or damn low till no signal on a bad day ..... imagine sometimes while having a meeting and i receive "welcome to malaysia..blablabla..." msg........ [laugh] .. but i have strong recept with my previous omnia2 thou....

on comparing btw 3g (3g, not 3gs) and ip4, ip4 has better receiption ... my boss jump from 3G to ip4 and that's is his comment ........ my boss only complaint is it hang a few times.... but i've never heard other user has hang problem.... perhaps he install rubbish into his phone that causes the hang or simply he got himself a lemon phone [:p] .......

Would be just you, Telcos frighten you might launch a all out complain for their bad reception. [laugh]

Edited by Mazdaowner

mine ok leh.

but the longer standby time is b-------t.

Standby time is actually very decent

But drain from the screen is typically of a smartphone with huge display real estate...

My previous HD2 was even worse - sometimes I barely made it home with any charge left if I used the phone extensively for surfing etc...

The iPhone 4's call time is also very good - recently had to listen in to a 2-hour teleconference and battery drain was quite minimal as long as the screen is not on...

The SAR rating also quite high, not very good for humans. If SAR is high and reception is excellent, still OK. But, SAR so high and reception so bad = walking around with a "nuclear" reactor (RADIATION). [bigcry]

Edited by Kangadrool

Baiyee, where you go? My standby time ok, no problems also.

BZ lah deh...

was out overseas for a while also.

it's claimed that the standby time is improved over the 3GS, but like sama sama leh

↡ Advertisement