Liverpool fans, should Roy be sacked?

Vid

RH has got no optimisim in the players.. read what he says pisses me off. the loss of gerrard and now carragher, he already sound defeated. how are the rest of the players going to trust him like that??

↡ Advertisement

he took off ngog for aurelio right? but he did push kyut to partner torres up front. what was the other sub?

soto for JC.

he didnt think JC need to be sub. that is why he didnt get soto to change. [shakehead]

Tong for draw for what? this is liverpool. Should always play for a Win. if not a Big win.

Under all the other managers, player are playing for the fans and to win big with more goals.

under RH. Player are to go into the match thinking that a win is a bonus?? :wacko:

fever boi don't understand sarcasm ah? [laugh] [laugh]

fever boi don't understand sarcasm ah? [laugh][laugh]

Fever liao dont understand anything wor.. you gonna get fever soon... blue blood (rather you think you blue blood) [laugh]

after soto put in gd performances when he was playing, roy still didnt believe that soto is gd enuf. i'd b pissed if i'm soto. no confidence in players at all.

after soto put in gd performances when he was playing, roy still didnt believe that soto is gd enuf. i'd b pissed if i'm soto. no confidence in players at all.

he dont even think liverpool can win spurs at all. [grin]

This, i agree... RH brought konchesky in and look now. From 1-0 up to a loss of 2-1.. even a 1-1 draw would have been an excellent result.

Correct me if i'm wrong.. i think this is the first away game that liverpool (under RH) employed 2 up front?

It does not really matter whether Roy put 1 or 2 upfront as that isn't an indication of attacking intent. Moons ago, we beat Read Madrid 4-0 and Man Utd 4-1 with a lone striker upfront. Formations are just how the manager set up the team on the field, it must be complimented by the right tactics, right movements from everyone on that pitch.

Roy is the old school 4-4-2 which to a certain extend, it's obsoleted by now. This formation is too rigid and requires wingers to make it work and wingers are a rare commodities nowadays. Spurs played 4-4-2 and in my opinion, they are well equiped for it (Bale + Lennon). If you have watched the recent friendly between Argentina and Brazil, you will see how fluid the 4-2-3-1 can be with the right players - 2 DMs who can keep the ball and pick up the running fullbacks exploiting the spaces left behind by the opposition fullbacks being drawn in by the forwards, or attack through the centre by finding the 3 attacking players supporting the loan striker. 4-2-3-1 is about build up play from the back and this does not suit Roy, who wants the ball as quickly upfront as possible, in his own words "do the battle" there. That's the reason why Agger, the most cultured full backs we have been frozen out. He will flourish under Rafa, but not Roy. Attacking fullbacks, G Johnson and Insua are ideal for Rafa's system as they are required to support the attack but Roy wants fullback to defend first, attack second. Hence, Johnson and Insua will never look good in Roy's system. Their attacking mentality will be curbed and their weakness in defending will be cruelly exposed as they no longer have the deep lying DM (Mascherno-type) to bail them out.

That said, the signing of Konchesky really puzzle me. He is not as good as Insua going forward and worse then Insua defending. Aquilani is not coming back but I seriously hope Insua will.

he dont even think liverpool can win spurs at all. [grin]

To be fair, I think he did as he is hoping to spring a "surprise", just like how he had hoped during his Fulham days, sprung surprises to beat teams in the top half of the table.

It does not really matter whether Roy put 1 or 2 upfront as that isn't an indication of attacking intent. Moons ago, we beat Read Madrid 4-0 and Man Utd 4-1 with a lone striker upfront. Formations are just how the manager set up the team on the field, it must be complimented by the right tactics, right movements from everyone on that pitch.

Roy is the old school 4-4-2 which to a certain extend, it's obsoleted by now. This formation is too rigid and requires wingers to make it work and wingers are a rare commodities nowadays. Spurs played 4-4-2 and in my opinion, they are well equiped for it (Bale + Lennon). If you have watched the recent friendly between Argentina and Brazil, you will see how fluid the 4-2-3-1 can be with the right players - 2 DMs who can keep the ball and pick up the running fullbacks exploiting the spaces left behind by the opposition fullbacks being drawn in by the forwards, or attack through the centre by finding the 3 attacking players supporting the loan striker. 4-2-3-1 is about build up play from the back and this does not suit Roy, who wants the ball as quickly upfront as possible, in his own words "do the battle" there. That's the reason why Agger, the most cultured full backs we have been frozen out. He will flourish under Rafa, but not Roy. Attacking fullbacks, G Johnson and Insua are ideal for Rafa's system as they are required to support the attack but Roy wants fullback to defend first, attack second. Hence, Johnson and Insua will never look good in Roy's system. Their attacking mentality will be curbed and their weakness in defending will be cruelly exposed as they no longer have the deep lying DM (Mascherno-type) to bail them out.

That said, the signing of Konchesky really puzzle me. He is not as good as Insua going forward and worse then Insua defending. Aquilani is not coming back but I seriously hope Insua will.

konchesky finally admits something we all knew... ITS ALL HIS FAULT!!! [laugh] [laugh]

Liverpool defender Paul Konchesky has accepted full responsibility for Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur after struggling to shackle speedy winger Aaron Lennon.

Liverpool's Paul Konchesky chases down Tottenham's Jermain Defoe

PA PhotosLiverpool's Paul Konchesky chases down Tottenham's Jermain Defoe

• Lennon strikes in stoppage time

Left-back Konchesky was given a tough time by Lennon and was caught out of position and found lacking for pace as the winger raced through to score the winner in added time.

The 29-year-old, who joined Liverpool from Fulham in the summer, has acknowledged his culpability and stressed his determination to reach the high level required at the Reds.

"I've got to up my game. Where I've played before has not been as high a standard as Liverpool, but this is a good pressure," Konchesky said. "The fans want you to be in the top four because that's where Liverpool belong.

"Straight after (Lennon's winner) I knew that I'd have to hold my hands up, but we also had chances to win the game. That's part of football and we've got to try to take the positives out of the game.

"I was gutted (with the winner); being the last minute as well it didn't give us any time to get back into the game. But that's life, we've got to put it behind us, and I've got to put it behind myself for the next game."

Roy Hodgson, who brought Konchesky with him from Craven Cottage when he replaced Rafael Benitez as manager, has slowly been instilling his own tactics but the team are struggling to hit form.

Liverpool are tenth in the Premier League, with 19 points.

Edited by Little_prince

Roy Hodgson, who brought Konchesky with him from Craven Cottage when he replaced Rafael Benitez as manager, has slowly been instilling his own tactics but the team are struggling to hit form.

To me, this is the key. His tactics with Liverpool squad is like square pegs in round holes. They don't fit.

To me, this is the key. His tactics with Liverpool squad is like square pegs in round holes. They don't fit.

his tactics are those of a mid division team.

- trying to minimise damage.

- not losing is good

in other words... he's simply not equipped tactically to manage a top tier team .... he doesnt seem to be trying for the title at all!

his tactics are those of a mid division team.

- trying to minimise damage.

- not losing is good

in other words... he's simply not equipped tactically to manage a top tier team .... he doesnt seem to be trying for the title at all!

Conclusion: He cant coach top teams.... Just like Grant..

[shakehead] [shakehead]

Don't talk abt title... 4th place, from the looks of it, is difficult although this season a lot of the top teams are losing (Chelsea has already lost 4 times)..

RH's signings, with the exception of Meireles, and tactics are not up to par.

And wat was the thing RH said about being "sad" to be drawn with Man U in the cup?

How can any liverpool manager with pride say something so cowardly........ hes managing liverpool, not some relegation battler.

And wat was the thing RH said about being "sad" to be drawn with Man U in the cup?

How can any liverpool manager with pride say something so cowardly........ hes managing liverpool, not some relegation battler.

he farking said something so useless????

bloody eunuch

bloody eunuch

he even think that losing to fulham is okay. how much more idiot can he be.

BTW he want to sell Pacheco (which most agree that he is likely to be better than Ngog) because he didnt perform in 1 match. 1 bloody match.

bloody eunuch

Hodgson 'sad' over United draw

November 29, 2010

It's the tie of the FA Cup Third Round, but Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is unhappy that his side have drawn Premier League leaders Manchester United at this stage of the competition.

• Forum: Happy with the draw?

• Third Round draw in full

United are the most successful team in the history of the FA Cup, having won it 11 times, and they famously beat Liverpool in the final in 1996 when a late goal from Eric Cantona brought United their second league and cup Double.

The two teams last met in the FA Cup 2006, when Liverpool emerged 1-0 winners, but as United have the better of recent history - victorious in seven of the previous eight cup games - Hodgson is sad that one of the sides has to bow out at this early stage.

Hodgson said: "It will be an excellent game of football but it's a bit unfortunate that two Premier League teams of the quality of Manchester United and Liverpool get drawn together in the third round. I always feel that's a bit sad.

"It'll be a cracking game of football. No doubt we'll find ourselves on TV again. We seem to be on TV every week, so I better get my make-up ready."

The North West derby draw was the only one to involve two Premier League teams, as Chelsea face Roy Keane's struggling Ipswich Town, Leicester City manager Sven Goran Eriksson will host his old club Manchester City and Arsenal play Leeds.

Edited by Windchoco
↡ Advertisement