Bus lane/Carpark summons - follow whose watch?

Dogbert1973

I always wondered, when authorities enforcing time based offences, whose time do they use?

For example, was driving next to Bus lane just now at 9.25am, so what if I enter the bus lane at 9.26am. (Bus lane ends at 9.30am)

perhaps my car clock already shows 9.30am.

ERP no argument cause the clock is on the gantry

so for carpark and bus lane, do they have 'unofficial policy' that the 1st & last 10 mins they do not really summon you.

Anyone knows how it officially works or kenna summon at 9.29 am before?

↡ Advertisement

I always wondered, when authorities enforcing time based offences, whose time do they use?

For example, was driving next to Bus lane just now at 9.25am, so what if I enter the bus lane at 9.26am. (Bus lane ends at 9.30am)

so for carpark and bus lane, do they have 'unofficial policy' that the 1st & last 10 mins they do not really summon you.

cut and paste url :-

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=236

well, dat would put us in the same situation when tearing parking coupon.... my clock shows 10:00am so i tear as it is... shorthly after i leave sui sui LTA come n check n her time is 9:54am only... so will they fault us? guess that's pretty much subjective.... n depends on e officer's mood at point of time...

+/- 10 mins should be fine... I got my summon waived as that fellow summoned me because it was 0953am and I tear my coupon to start at 10am...

Edited by Typhoonz

This is the official time in Singapore :

http://www.singaporestandardtime.org.sg/

Singapore Standard Time (SST) is the national standard time, and disseminated to the public by National Metrology Center via Internet. You are welcome to use our free service to synchronise your computer time to SST.

What is Singapore Standard Time? How is SST determined? How is the accuracy of SST assured?

SST is an abbreviation of Singapore Standard Time. It is obtained by offsetting +8 hours from UTC. The National Metrology Centre maintains the caesium atomic clocks. They are regularly compared, through GPS satellites, with some 260 atomic clocks maintained in about forty countries around the world. An international organisation BIPM (Bureau International des Poids et Measures) collects data of these atomic clocks and computes the world average time, or international time. Singapore Standard Time is then generated by aligning our caesium clock to this international time and corrected for the time zone of Singapore. Consequently, UTC of Singapore is within the accuracy of 100 nanoseconds (one-billionth of a second) from UTC at any time.

even if they is a official time, but how and who to certify that the time is adjusted correctly.

And that the camera they use, or that they watch must be "official time piece" then it is official.

I knew that if you make police report, there is no such thing as 9.23, 9.29 or 9.31. They round off to the 5 and 0.

For me I dont enter bus lane within the +/- 5-10 minute margin. All other time drive on all the way, when it is cleared. Strangely, many drivers avoid bus lane even during week ends and PH.

They stop monitoring bus lane about 5~10 mins before into or times up. So... no excuse. But if you really got summon, can right in to appeal as their discretion, but have to show you are not blocking any buses. [dizzy]

Edited by Nothingtodo

Oh, as for carpark, if your coupon is left with 5 mins, they will usually wait for times up (after 5 mins away from their sync GMT time). Tickets which I receive is alway about 10 mins from my watch time, which I sync every month. :blink:

Neutral Newbie

Have worked on a project with HDB that is related to parking. There's a 10 minute grace so you won't get fined if you exceeded less than that. Believe me these guys are also quite sensitive to bad publicity.

Have worked on a project with HDB that is related to parking. There's a 10 minute grace so you won't get fined if you exceeded less than that. Believe me these guys are also quite sensitive to bad publicity.

I believe you...especially when the E event is coming....

if u dun believe, there will no 'summon' for minor offence

they use traditional method, look at the sun :D

↡ Advertisement