Toyota Innova/ Avanza through PI???

Ferraricalifornia

Hi,

i've been wondering,

why isn't the above 2 models, the Toyota Innova and Avanza available through official distributors???

these 2 models have been selling really well in Asean Countries, except for the lack of availability in Singapore....

the Avanza makes the most sense since it's like the Sienta, having a 1.5L engine, but doesn't feel like driving a huge MPV around....

and it's in our CAT A category....

so why isn't it sold here???

can anyone advise???

↡ Advertisement

Drove before both of this model. Innova will be like driving a picnic but with better fuel consumption. However the space is not as big as picnic. Avanza is available in 1.3 and 1.5.

Hi,

i've been wondering,

why isn't the above 2 models, the Toyota Innova and Avanza available through official distributors???

these 2 models have been selling really well in Asean Countries, except for the lack of availability in Singapore....

the Avanza makes the most sense since it's like the Sienta, having a 1.5L engine, but doesn't feel like driving a huge MPV around....

and it's in our CAT A category....

so why isn't it sold here???

can anyone advise???

BM probably doesn't want it to affect its sales of other models. Remember its mistakes of bringing Wish very late in the game? [:p]

From what i know...

These models including the nissan Livina are assembled for the domestic market. Thus not for export.

Avanza is using the dated engine and is currently assembled by Perodua in Malaysia.

Thus Perodua Alza ( aka toyota passeo sette) is also using the same engine found in Avanza instead of the better engine found in JDM.

Meanwhile from what i know, Livinia is using the 1.6l dated engine as found in Sunny.

-_-

Have ride in an Avanza at Malaysia, the interior width feel cramp as compared to the Toyota Wish.

Same here,...

Avanza is very cramped in the third row...

And also Avanza is much "higher" than Wish thus its much more unstable

-_-

Avanza/Innova are mainly basic vehicles, hence available only in our ASEAN neighbouring countries which are considered as "developing" countries.

I am guessing that profit margin and take up rate for such vehicles are predicted to be low in Singapore. E.g. Proton, Perodua, Chery MPVs not selling well.

i'm comparing the Avanza with the Sienta and Freed in mind.....

considering the Avanza 1.5 has a better look overall, which is easier to stomach compared to the Freed/ Sienta,

BM is shooting itself in the foot for not bringing in these 2 models- Avanza and Innova....

PI do europe, UK, as well....

thailand shouldn't be a problem for them right???

IMO....

i think otherwise... cos toyota might wanna control seepage from cheap production centres like thailand and indonesia, so only sell to authorised dealers. really not sure whether individuals can buy one there and dereg within 3 days like european practice. given we're all in ASEAN, there may be some interest protection barriers too.

I have no idea really. But there are many reasons why dealers don't bring in all their models in their range.

Could be image. Could be suitability. Maybe these vans are more 'spartan', with less equipment and stuff, and BM might think local buyers might not want them.

I'm sure they must have done some research, and decided that it's not viable to import them.