HR queries

Tricor

Neutral Newbie

Just want to check,

if I'm entitle to 21 days annual leave and let say I did not take any leave thru out the year.

I require 3 months notice if I want to leave the company and I tender end of Sept., therefore last day should be end Dec.

If the company agrees to allow me to leave early by end of Nov instead by offsetting my leave.

How many leaves will they deduct?

Will I entitle to annual leave for the 3 months notice...or only 2 months?

Can any experts advice?

Thanks in advance....

↡ Advertisement

I don't think you will be entitled to any further leave from the date of your resignation. So you can only use the existing leave you have accumulated up to your resignation date.

In most cases, if you tender, you are not able to take any leave (any outstanding leave balances are paid back to u.)

However, there are cases whereby you can make arrangments with HR (approval from your boss) to offset the notice period with your leave balances. I have done before for myself and also for my staff when they resign (but take into account handover , etc)

Neutral Newbie

I don't think you will be entitled to any further leave from the date of your resignation. So you can only use the existing leave you have accumulated up to your resignation date.

oh...thks for the info.

Neutral Newbie

In most cases, if you tender, you are not able to take any leave (any outstanding leave balances are paid back to u.)

However, there are cases whereby you can make arrangments with HR (approval from your boss) to offset the notice period with your leave balances. I have done before for myself and also for my staff when they resign (but take into account handover , etc)

so leave balance is from the day u tender? Notice period is not entitle to AL?

Leave balance is to the day of ur last day.

Most companies do not allow you to take leave during your notice period. Any balance in leave will be paid to you on your last day/last pay chq.

Any exceptions are subject to management one.... so if ur boss ok for u to take AL during ur notice period, then good loh...

Neutral Newbie

Leave balance is to the day of ur last day.

Most companies do not allow you to take leave during your notice period. Any balance in leave will be paid to you on your last day/last pay chq.

Any exceptions are subject to management one.... so if ur boss ok for u to take AL during ur notice period, then good loh...

okok thanks....

Will I entitle to annual leave for the 3 months notice...or only 2 months?

c'mon, the diff is just leave entitlement for A month... Get a f88king life

Neutral Newbie

c'mon, the diff is just leave entitlement for A month... Get a f88king life

Did i step on your tail?

Edited by Tricor
↡ Advertisement