Where can one get a sunroof done?

Deputylove8

My apologies as I know that this post was made before. I've read thru them and have called shops like the sunroof guy,audio concepts etc but they are no longer doing it.These were the shops recommended by the other threads. I also realized that these threads were made in 2006/7 etc. That explains why most of the shops I called no longer do them.

Would appreciate it if anyone knows any sunroof contacts, may I get them from you.

Thank you very much

Famy

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My apologies as I know that this post was made before. I've read thru them and have called shops like the sunroof guy,audio concepts etc but they are no longer doing it.These were the shops recommended by the other threads. I also realized that these threads were made in 2006/7 etc. That explains why most of the shops I called no longer do them.

Would appreciate it if anyone knows any sunroof contacts, may I get them from you.

Thank you very much

Famy

Bro sun-roof is not like other standard Mod Kits that r easily fitted by outside workshops. Depending on the vehicle, most sun-roof or moon-roofs r factory fitted items. I.e. these r done on the factory assembly line as they usually involve extensive work and wiring on the internal car structure, unlike external body-kits or lowered suspensions...

I know there r some workshops who may do it but u need to be carefull....otherwise u end up with all kinds of problems especially on the electrical systems that open and shut the roof.

Edited by NightWind
  • Praise 1

Thank you very much

Famy

Just replied to your PM mate..sorry, I haven't been logging in for awhile...

cheers

Just replied to your PM mate..sorry, I haven't been logging in for awhile...

cheers

Thanks bro got the message. Thank you very very much :)

• Praise 1

make sure logged with LTA on the mod with inspection.

inform insurance abt it.. maybe to foot the extra loadings?

The greatest sunroof enemy is corrosion. Take care with it.

• Praise 1

make sure logged with LTA on the mod with inspection.

inform insurance abt it.. maybe to foot the extra loadings?

The greatest sunroof enemy is corrosion. Take care with it.

insurance can dont inform if dont wish to insure it

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I believe it is not advisable to install aftermarket sunroof... but really depends on you. And I believe your insurance premium will go up! i believe definately have to inform insurance company, if not if there is a need for claim, what if they void the insurance stating your failure to inform them on changes in the car structure??

• Praise 1

I believe it is not advisable to install aftermarket sunroof... but really depends on you. And I believe your insurance premium will go up! i believe definately have to inform insurance company, if not if there is a need for claim, what if they void the insurance stating your failure to inform them on changes in the car structure??

Thanks bro for the concern. Yeah it will go up. Checked it. Will go up by $200 :)

But whole insurance will be voided.

they will not pay a cent if they is a claim.

when there's a claim they wont replace the sunroof but u still can redo outside

Are you about this?

It's bot just insuring the sunroof, but possible injuries/ death arising from it during accident or water damage claim in thunder storm etc

Aftermarket sunroof is not recommened. Will leak after sometime. I've a friend who fix up an aftermarket sunroof but gave him lotsa problems later.

• Praise 1

Can I check for those who have installed aftermarket sunroof, any comments? Especially those who have it installed, does it leak, make noise etc???

I found this Hollandia H300 and it looks interesting. I know for the next few years I will not be changing my car and always want to have a sunroof, this may be a good alternative.

Btw, I saw this site where a wish being installed with it.

http://www.sgstream.org/forum/threads/1546...o-Sunroof-Promo

• Praise 1