Anyone Custom Fiber glass doors in SG?

Mini-itx

Just asking if there are shops that does custom fiber glass doors. Just wanted to replace my doors with fiber glass to reduce weight. No moola for carbon ones so go for cheapo fiber glass.

↡ Advertisement

Yup, i am interested to knw also. Wats the diff btw CF and FG? Pros and cons? If get into accident and need to replace the doors, insurance will pay out of not ahz? Replacement will be FB? or back to steel?

Yup, i am interested to knw also. Wats the diff btw CF and FG? Pros and cons? If get into accident and need to replace the doors, insurance will pay out of not ahz? Replacement will be FB? or back to steel?

No, if you are still under comprehensive insurance, you CANNOT replace your doors!!!

Mine is COE car so 3rd party only. Thus can replace, it doesn't affect insurance.

CF is of course nicer than FG and slightly lighter and stronger as well. FG, well, you know those cheap bodykits using FG. Cracks easily when you kana accident.

I would think GRP boat & body builder.

If you could iron out the legal issues.. this could be possible.

But... after doors..

You will go for bonnet....

But ... after bonnets..

you will go for Farrari or lotus...

they wont even let u claim be it your fault or the other drivers fault, let alone replace the door for u, if they find out about the changed doors.

same with turbo add-on, unless u inform the insurance company, if kana accident and they realize u add in turbo, they got the right to void the agreement and not repair the car.

they wont even let u claim be it your fault or the other drivers fault, let alone replace the door for u, if they find out about the changed doors.

same with turbo add-on, unless u inform the insurance company, if kana accident and they realize u add in turbo, they got the right to void the agreement and not repair the car.

Even if you original have a turbo but mod it, they can void the insurance cos you increased you own risk but didnt inform them. Some people Evo & Rex run at 400bhp +, their insurance is not worth paying cos it cover nothing :wacko:

↡ Advertisement