(once and for all) SPEED CAMERAS - DAYTIME GOT FLASH OR NOT?

Senocs

Neutral Newbie

hi all bros!

I was driving along Boon Lay Way today and for some reason I did not notice the 'Speed Camera Ahead 70 km/h' signboard.

So I was driving around 92km/h until I saw the actual speed camera device, then tapped my brakes hard.

I did not remember if my car managed to slow down enough to under 80km/h, but there was certainly no flash, so I was reassuring myself with my friends in car who were saying 'no flash should be ok'. but another of my friend said that 'speed camera is different from red light camera which whether daytime or nighttime also have flash; speed camera daytime no flash, nighttime got flash'

So ... who is correct ? Speed camera daytime no flash, only nighttime ?

Also, if the speed cam at Boon Lay Way an active camera ?

how many points if I kena the speed camera ?

Edited by Senocs
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

also found this discussion (see the reply by 'neutral') on here

By 'neutral' Posted on: 2 Oct 2007 9:56AM

"Red light camera(your posting) - there will be flash, day & night Speed camera - there is NO flash in the day, but there is flash in the night(works like your camera with auto flash feature). Camera which works without flash(at night) must be a super duper one and super ex type to capture fast moving object. If people tailgate you, by all means give way. It's good for everybody. You don't feel pressurised and the traffic is smoother. The extreme right lane is meant for overtaking, not for driving leisurely at speed limit. If you want driving at speed limit, drive at 2nd or 3rd lane. Only overtake at right lane and later switch back to your lane or otherwise speed up as not to obstruct traffic flow. This is unspoken traffic ethics. You can see this on northsouth highway very frequently(unfortunately not for some Singaporeans who hog at 110km/h on extreme right lane ). "

Edited by Senocs

By Tapping your brakes hard, you could have caused an accident.

and thus....even when there are cars on the safe speed, they sure tap brakes wan.....i really dun understand [shakehead] [shakehead]

Just pray hard that the camera there is for show only.. Just like the one on PIE near BKE exit.

anyway, if the camera captured your car when the speed is < 80, you are pretty safe.. don't worry too much about it if your speed really was below 80km/h. ^_^

Edited by Ky13

Neutral Newbie

Sure got flash one lah.

Wait for letter lor. If two weeks nothing then you ok liao.

That's right.Day or night surely got flash.I ever kena caught by cam but at junction.Even waited for 3 months for the letter but luckily none came. [sweatdrop][:p]

Neutral Newbie

By Tapping your brakes hard, you could have caused an accident.

of course I checked my rear mirror first before doing so ...

Neutral Newbie

That's right.Day or night surely got flash.I ever kena caught by cam but at junction.Even waited for 3 months for the letter but luckily none came. [sweatdrop][:p]

Again, this was at "junction" ? So red light cam ? I'm talking about speed cam. For traffic light cam, we are all sure that day or night sure go flash.

But speed cam we are not so sure...

hi all bros!

I was driving along Boon Lay Way today and for some reason I did not notice the 'Speed Camera Ahead 70 km/h' signboard.

So I was driving around 92km/h until I saw the actual speed camera device, then tapped my brakes hard.

I did not remember if my car managed to slow down enough to under 80km/h, but there was certainly no flash, so I was reassuring myself with my friends in car who were saying 'no flash should be ok'. but another of my friend said that 'speed camera is different from red light camera which whether daytime or nighttime also have flash; speed camera daytime no flash, nighttime got flash'

So ... who is correct ? Speed camera daytime no flash, only nighttime ?

Also, if the speed cam at Boon Lay Way an active camera ?

how many points if I kena the speed camera ?

NDP period contribute money is okay one la.

Again, this was at "junction" ? So red light cam ? I'm talking about speed cam. For traffic light cam, we are all sure that day or night sure go flash.

But speed cam we are not so sure...

Got flash la.

Like what one bro said, if you did not receive anything after 2 weeks, it mean you are fine.

Drive within speed limit.

Wow, so many got experience with speed cams.

AG ( Accountant General) sure very happy and wish all drivers "Kong Xi Fai Chai, one summon for you".

They should have painted all highly reflective paint.

And beep the IU when within say 100m.

↡ Advertisement