Review of the Hot Inazma MR and DIY Pivot Spark Earth VS

Mini-itx

http://www.sun-auto.co.jp/english/english_...zma_4cycle.html

This is the one I bought 2nd hand from another MCFer. Its the black MR one. Btw, its selling at Autobacs for slightly over $400......

Initial response is like....... Well...... no difference leh.....I felt nothing at all. Maybe the unit is faulty but the blinking LED lights show its normal. Its just capacitors and unit does charge up.

Monitor my FC.... well.....again..... nothing significant. Maybe just 0.2KM/L better but inconclusive. I just adjust my fuel during idle to be slightly leaner and I get even better FC than this.

I also DIY my Spark Earth VS. The unit is basically just 2 x 470uF caps and 1 x 0.0068uF cap. Then 1 x resistor and 1 x LED. Fuse is optional. No difference of any kind as well. I just treat it as some noise filter lor.

So, if you want to spend $400-500 on VS thinking you can get more power, think again.....

I know grounding does help, and my car is already grounded (DIY of course). thus maybe thats why VS is useless.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I had my fair share of experience with VS when I was still green. Nothing happens to the FC and no performance at all.

Dumped it away after only a few months.

Edited by Yuan

Neutral Newbie

i can't remember where on the internet, but i read about DIYing a VC from some Singapore auto-tech guy... and he debunked some VCs that can be bought in singapoe

i think he provided an actual diagram of a VC he made himself and supposedly works better

Supersonic

If your car is new, chassis and ground is good condition, extra grounding will not make any difference.

VS is another waste of money. If you're fixing your own capacitors, it's ok, but you probably won't find any diff either.

If you have to pay $100 for VS, then you've just wasted that sum of money.

Been there, done that and now removed everything.

Lesson learnt for me.