New desktop

Speeedo

Neutral Newbie

hey there any one can recommend me a good desktop brand to buy??

thanks

↡ Advertisement

just go to sim lim square - video pro and buy all the parts that you need. They will assemble it for u.

You can customised and choose whatever spec u want...isnt tat better?

can go around diff shops to shop and ask around first.. then u wun become carrot head.. getting the respecive specs n assembling urself is much cheaper than buying the branded deskstop with the same specs

Self assemble your own system is better than getting standard configurations from the major players.

You can customise your own parts and get to choose the brand/model you want.

Warrenty wise is not an issue since most of these parts comes with a year warrenty. Only that you have to carry the whole system in unless you know how to extract the part out yourself.

simlim ah?.... later tio chop carrothead... i not some IT geek ....

U have to worry if u r buying camera or game console over at sim lim.... computer parts? u can be very sure that u r getting the best deals.

Most shops have printed price list, btw r u singaporean or not?

thanks

for what purpose?

i will go for hp, mac, dell or lenovo slim version if not for heavy duty usage, something small is better [;)]

simlim ah?.... later tio chop carrothead... i not some IT geek ....

Apple.

it's also for geeks with a better use for their time than fiddling with their computers.

thanks

Lenovo, Dell, HP.

Hell I'll even pick an Acer over an Apple, at least I can live my life knowing it'll cost half as much to repair. [laugh]

buy DELL la.

DIY or customisation at Simlim of course cheaper la but then not everyone are garang to deal w dogy SL salesman.

somemore buying proper channel u get warranty covered.

Lenovo, Dell, HP.

Hell I'll even pick an Acer over an Apple, at least I can live my life knowing it'll cost half as much to repair. [laugh]

I'm a long time Apple user, not becos I like Apple, but becos my the software I use for my work is only available on the Apple platform. Prior to Apple, in the early 90's, I was a hardcore Window's guy.

Let me just say that every single Apple computer I have bought (over 15) since the 90's is still working today. The oldest ones may be a bit slow, but they definitely are capable of most tasks like web surfing and word processing.

I dropped 3 of my Powerbooks (still not called Macbook Pros yet) and despite the chassis being bent and screens cracked, they still work.

Not one single virus attack and zero anti virus software and all my Apple computers.

Repair? Never needed to.

My family's other Windows computers? All I can say is vomit blood.

If the Windows user experience is anywhere close to Apple, I would at least buy one. But until today, I still can't find any compelling reason to.

Neutral Newbie

Self assemble your own system is better than getting standard configurations from the major players.

You can customise your own parts and get to choose the brand/model you want.

Warrenty wise is not an issue since most of these parts comes with a year warrenty. Only that you have to carry the whole system in unless you know how to extract the part out yourself.

Totally agreed! [thumbsup]

just accompanied my friend over the weekend at SLS to buy his computer.

Brought from bell systems, a guy called dave.

very sincere and honest, try asking for quote if you are intending to do DIY.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement