Benefits of Installing a Higher capacity Batt.

Nmnhnlm

I am just thinking that since car batt prices are pretty closed, might as install a higher capacity one. Eg. My car needs a 48AH batt but I install a 60AH one.

↡ Advertisement

I am just thinking that since car batt prices are pretty closed, might as install a higher capacity one. Eg. My car needs a 48AH batt but I install a 60AH one.

No difference, it just last longer. However you may want to ensure that the higher capacity battery can fit into your car battery holder.

a larger batt also needs a longer time to fully charge up.

if u have many short trips daily, ur batt may never charge up fully, affecting batt life.

That's true according to what I've read so far on battery maintenance. If the battery isn't fully charged, sulphation sets in and quickly degenerates the battery plates and hence capacity.

That was one of the reasons why I went with a Nanopulser more than a year ago. Still on the same battery since then [thumbsup]

That's true according to what I've read so far on battery maintenance. If the battery isn't fully charged, sulphation sets in and quickly degenerates the battery plates and hence capacity.

That was one of the reasons why I went with a Nanopulser more than a year ago. Still on the same battery since then [thumbsup]

yes, nanopulser is good....

10 to 15% above the OEM battery should be Ok. You can still put in 60amp hr battery , it will not cause yr alternator to work overtime if you are using the excess as standby and not to power more accessories. I will prefer to fully charge up the battery via a battery charger before putting it to use.

Neutral Newbie

sorry, but to me since i've changed my battery to a bigger AH ones for so many times, i do realise that starting is abit easier. this is due to the additional available current to the starter.

perhelps to a 55AH battery will do. a 60AH one many not fit your battery tray.

So how old is your current battery? With the Nanopulser, what's your battery maintenance programme like? Will you plan to change new battery every 2~3 years or only change it when voltage gets low?

i upgraded my batt from 35AH to 4AH caused its tough to find such a small batt for my car... not much diff in terms of performance, not even performance in my audio system...

Neutral Newbie

i upgraded my batt from 35AH to 4AH caused its tough to find such a small batt for my car... not much diff in terms of performance, not even performance in my audio system...

Care to share how a 12V 4AH battery power up your starting system? And, 4AH battery only for motorcycle lah [laugh] .

Neutral Newbie

Care to share how a 12V 4AH battery power up your starting system? And, 4AH battery only for motorcycle lah [laugh] .

haiya, stop faulting him. clearly he missed out an '0' behind out of zeal.

40AH battery definitely are easier to find! ^_^

I am also on nanopulser. [:p]

What makes you go for nanopulser? I'm curious cos this product itself is rather expensive, for the price I can get Amaron green 60AH MF battery with some spare cash remaining. How will this nanopulser help you save money?

Typical car battery can last 2~3 years, with nanopulser how long can it last in Singapore environment? Any warranty if car battery on nanopulser need replacement after 2~3 years later?

What makes you go for nanopulser? I'm curious cos this product itself is rather expensive, for the price I can get Amaron green 60AH MF battery with some spare cash remaining. How will this nanopulser help you save money?

Typical car battery can last 2~3 years, with nanopulser how long can it last in Singapore environment? Any warranty if car battery on nanopulser need replacement after 2~3 years later?

The whole theory of the battery desulphator is found somewhere in one of the threads. You can go check it out.

Not sure whether the price has increased but when I got it, the cost (with installation) was quite reasonable.

The nanopulser was tested on my 2nd MF battery (no brand) and supposed to last me 3 months but when I decided to change my this battery some 9-10 months later as I was going away on a trip, this MF battery was still functional as told to me by my battery installer.

But my case has to be taken in the light of the ICE in my car which takes in a lot of the battery energy.

So how old is your current battery? With the Nanopulser, what's your battery maintenance programme like? Will you plan to change new battery every 2~3 years or only change it when voltage gets low?

My current battery is already 3 years old. I started using nanopulser when my battery was slightly over 1 yr old. To be honest, I started off monitoring my battery very 2 weeks because I was afraid of electrolyte evaporating, sudden death, no start etc.... the usual "kan chiong" traits. But after doing this for 3 months and no adverse change, I stretched out the monitoring intervals to one month then now current 2 months. I noticed that evaporation of electrolyte still evident but at a much longer interval than before nanopulser install and top-up little bit with diluted sulphuric acid (usually 3rd and 4th cell chamber).

I do not intend to change out every 2-3 years as this is the old style of preventive maintenance practised during the 70s to 90s when technology was not very advanced. Now with advancement in every sector available, we are able to optimize our resources and make them last longer and/or perform better. That's the key difference between now and then.

As usual, I would check the led light to see roughly the status, then once in a while check with a digital battery analyser (bought one last time [:p] ) to check resistance and CCA level. So far so good, my sticker rated CCA is 580 and my last measurement in mar was 529 CCA. Its at 91% capacity after all this while so no need to change. I also check the plates from opening the top slot and no whitish growth on the plates also. So I know nanopulser is working [thumbsup]

Only when led shows orange or red light I will check if resistance is very high compared to baseline or CCA suddenly almost 50% then I will start to see if replacement necessary. Voltage level not necessarily a good indicator of battery health. Our onboard equipment always draining power even when at parked status ie. car ecu, airbag system, central alarm, central locking, security camera etc....

(edited)

My 2c worth. I look at another angle if talking about money in this context. Battery cost has definite life so money gone after 2 years. Nanopulser stretches battery for 3 years or more so cost of running car is lowered naturally (if battery prices rise in future, savings become more obvious and substantial). Plus as I know nanopulser lasts for 8-10 years so the few batteries cost I've saved along the way during the 8-10 year span would more than pay for nanopulser + savings... I have introduced many of my friends and business associates to nanopulser since my own experience with it, they have yet to give me any complaints or scold me for wasting their money, they feel its a very practical and good product. Besides, good products never cheap and cheap products never good, but you already know this. Sometimes a good quality bluetooth set can cost more than the phone itself [:p]

In our local environment, it depends on drivers habit as well. Continental cars tend to have longer battery life since its located away from direct engine heat. Unfortunately for asian cars design, battery is located at engine bay. This would speed up electrolyte evaporating faster and if you have sealed MF battery, no way to replace or top up lost electrolyte. Also drivers like to load up their cars with many many aftermarket accessories like GPS, hifi system, gauges etc... which drain battery and sulphation happens then lowers battery capacity over time, thats why battery don't last. My battery is at year 3 and still kicking... hope to go into year 4 ^_^

I think nanopulser distributor will get into a mess if he offers a battery warranty. He cannot override standard warranty terms given by battery brand or distributor. All customers will abuse warranty terms just to claim 'free' battery replacement, my honest observation and personal opinion here. Imagine I purposely drain the battery overnight and make sure cannot start then call nanopulser distributor and claim for battery because did not last more than 2 years....Wah! company will become bankrupt in quick time [hur] How do you safeguard against consumer dishonesty in this commercial world from a business perspective?

Edited by Smhomie

The whole theory of the battery desulphator is found somewhere in one of the threads. You can go check it out.

Not sure whether the price has increased but when I got it, the cost (with installation) was quite reasonable.

The nanopulser was tested on my 2nd MF battery (no brand) and supposed to last me 3 months but when I decided to change my this battery some 9-10 months later as I was going away on a trip, this MF battery was still functional as told to me by my battery installer.

But my case has to be taken in the light of the ICE in my car which takes in a lot of the battery energy.

===============

U using nanopulsar for long time already? Is it really good?

Maybe next time we meet, u can give me more details. I might consider it. Thanks. [wave]

PS. My battery (MF) already >2 years so might get it to see how much longer it can last.

↡ Advertisement