Esso mobil privilege card and Citibank dividend card

Pool100

Hi all,

Just want to ask those who use citibank dividend card and pump at esso stations if they also use the esso mobil privilege card.

Some say that there's additional discount but I don't know how it works lei.

Normally I use the dividend card and get 14.5% (10% + 5% rebate off total bill).

- Does esso mobil privilege card give additional discount?

- Do I pay with dividend card or with esso mobil privilege card?

- What's the best card to use for esso stations?

Would appreciate if any esso users can share.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

where's the info which shows that ESSO is giving out the $2 discount, other than the current promotion which requires you to purchase with NTUC ?

just pump esso...they will auto-deduct $2. so with my $2 ntuc one...total $4.

What's the minimum you have to spend?

What's the minimum you have to spend?

not sure wat is the min sum, but becoz i had ntuc $2 discount, i had to pump $50 gross. and i was given the esso $2 discount voucher. so total $4 off.

recently i hv been pumping $50 each time to max the ntuc discount

30sgd @ NTUC for 2sgd ESSO voucher

50sgd @ ESSO for 2sgd NTUC voucher

Btw, i got 10+ NTUC voucher for just pumping 50sgd+ petrol. ^_^

Edited by Xzaviour

just pumped Esso: The $2 discount off every $50 is back for the month of Apr !!!

Actually this promotion started since last Aug till Feb, just that Esso always review it every moth, so usually it is not available on the 1st week. They stppoed this in Mar, now it is back again. Because of this promotion, I cannot use the speedpass :angry: , must pay at the counter using Esso card and DBS Esso master card. The discount might be different each month, sometimes $2 for every $40 spend, sometimes $3 for $60.

where's the info which shows that ESSO is giving out the $2 discount, other than the current promotion which requires you to purchase with NTUC ?

There is a $2 discount voucher for every $50 spent at NTUC or Esso. The voucher from Esso can be used at NTUC and vice versa.

Hi all,

Just want to ask those who use citibank dividend card and pump at esso stations if they also use the esso mobil privilege card.

Normally I use the dividend card and get 14.5% (10% + 5% rebate off total bill).

Nobody can help with my queries on using the esso mobil privilege card?

Hi all,

I'm using the privilege card. I would suggest using your current rewards card-credit card combo. All the privilege card does is combine the two into a single card. There is no additional discount. I'm going to transfer the points over to my rewards card and cancel it soon as its just an extra card in my wallet taking up more space. Its not as if I don't already carry my citibank card in my wallet and my rewards card in the car already.

The new ESSO discount scheme is bloody troublesome....previously just pump $50 petrol auto deduct $3/- how often we go to NTUC & spend more than $50to get $2 less??? maybe once a week for me .... now end up with so many NTUC $2 discount.. so have to give away to friends & relatives...

So now which petrol got the best deal huh?? I want to switch petrol brand!!! :angry:

The new ESSO discount scheme is bloody troublesome....previously just pump $50 petrol auto deduct $3/- how often we go to NTUC & spend more than $50to get $2 less??? maybe once a week for me .... now end up with so many NTUC $2 discount.. so have to give away to friends & relatives...

So now which petrol got the best deal huh?? I want to switch petrol brand!!! :angry:

Try Caltex, 5% (Station Discount) + 7% (SAFRA Card discount) + 5% (Citibank Dividend CC Rebate) = 17%

For me, Caltex's fuel is more FC efficient for my car, so its additional bonus.

esso is auto deducting $2 for every $50 pumped now wat...

Try Caltex, 5% (Station Discount) + 7% (SAFRA Card discount) + 5% (Citibank Dividend CC Rebate) = 17%

But you get 18.4% off at Esso. Not sure if the additional $2 off for every $50 still applies. If it does then the discount is something like 22%.

I doubt the FC savings (if any) makes up for the loss of discount.

Edited by Kusje

Your sums are 1+1+1 = 3.

Actual I believe it is price of say $10, deduct 5% = $9.5. $9.5 deduct 7% = $8.83. $8.83 deduct 5% Cash rebate = $8.38.

$8.38 / $ 10.00 = 16.2%.

↡ Advertisement