Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

22 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

My loan not due for repricing for a few more months..... Well, maybe will switch to floating rates. 2.25% fixed not so attractive. 

I will take 2.25% fixed over floating but I am a fixed rate person. 2.25% is still below 2.5% OA. 

↡ Advertisement

25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

My loan not due for repricing for a few more months..... Well, maybe will switch to floating rates. 2.25% fixed not so attractive. 

2.25% fixed for how long? 

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

some are saying the deposit rates might not go up in tandem as banks are flush with cash. dont really need to attract more. 😬 lets see

The bank guy told me otherwise. He said it will go up. Just monitor for the next 3 to 6 months...

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Local banks are finally raising deposit rates to prepare for liquidity outflow to US and other countries 🙂

Where? Who? 

7 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

image.thumb.png.a9ff525b9c10f176885669987c0ba3ed.png

Is this correct? Their website only showing this:                                                                                                                                                                                                                 image.thumb.png.fd136ebfa7124b4765a79b6e4c297cf5.png

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Johnnylim said:

Is this correct? Their website only showing this:                                                                                                                                                                                                                 image.thumb.png.fd136ebfa7124b4765a79b6e4c297cf5.png

Yours is of lowest principle 20k..

53 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Yours is of lowest principle 20k..

Understand, but I can't find the above mentioned in their website.

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

So mine at 1.55% 3 mths still the best deal eh?

Ya la, only for very rich people like u[smash]:a-happy:

36 minutes ago, Johnnylim said:

Ya la, only for very rich people like u[smash]:a-happy:

No leh this is Everyday Global Acct.

anyonr can open.  In fact not for the rich becos they cap at $200k max

9 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

No leh this is Everyday Global Acct.

anyonr can open.  In fact not for the rich becos they cap at $200k max

Can just open the account for the 1.55% 3 mths purpose? Seems like a lot of T&Cs to maintain this acct.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, awhtc said:

The banks are going to lose a lot of deposits to SSB and their liquidity will dry up fast.

Good good…force banks to up their FD rates…they have been lagging and unwilling for so long but share prices still up up up…time to give back a bit…😁

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 2

30 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Singapore Savings Bonds applications up 65% amid uncertainty, higher yields

DEMAND for Singapore Savings Bonds (SSBs) has risen to the highest it has been since July 2019, as yields continue on an upward trend.

Investors applied for S$231 million worth of SSBs last month - a 65 per cent increase over the value of applications in the month prior.

This tranche of SSBs, which were issued on May 4, have an average return of 2.09 per cent over their 10-year tenure.

For the next tranche, now open for application and to be issued in June, the average 10-year return is 2.53 per cent.

That is higher than the rate of 2.5 per cent paid by the Central Provident Fund Board on funds in the ordinary account.

SSBs are issued and guaranteed by the Singapore government. A new tranche is issued each month with fixed rates that step up for each year they are held. The bonds are also redeemable at par in any given month without any penalties.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/banking-finance/singapore-savings-bonds-applications-up-65-amid-uncertainty-higher-yields

This is still lower than 10 year US treasury (3.1%) which is more liquid and can be sold off anytime without penalty. No step-up interest nonsense.

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Johnnylim said:

Can just open the account for the 1.55% 3 mths purpose? Seems like a lot of T&Cs to maintain this acct.

No lah, where got …. 

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

The banks are going to lose a lot of deposits to SSB and their liquidity will dry up fast.

Song.

↡ Advertisement