Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

(edited)

@Fcw75   Ya, shall wait another week or two to park my peanuts.  Not tempted by the Taka vouchers.  Also, only max 10 vouchers per customer.  Rather they give higher rates.  

Edited by TameDriver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)
14 hours ago, Wt_know said:

copy&paste from other forum ... jit dong jeng liao ... :grin:

d3d7798a754aff778ec0bc692e685bcc7553b181.jpg

I would assume many here will say, what loan?  Bo loan ley. Up up and away! 🤣

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
27 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I would assume many here will say, what loan?  Bo loan ley. Up up and away! 🤣

Ya lor, here all FULL CASH. Loan? Don’t waste time la. 🤣

• Haha! 1

(edited)
14 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Song.

my personal forecast is for mortgage rates to average out around the 4% mark. 
so if a 4% mortgage rate is going clean you out, you better start planning, earning more or tightening big time.

woooohooo.

More properties under bank sales on the way. 😁

Damn the absd 30%🤔

Edited by Kopites

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

I suggest to monitor Powell's speech on coming Wednesday to see where the rates are heading...

Hope he surprises the market with a 0.75% increase. He is really a thousand miles behind the curve. Is he really qualified for the job? 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Damn the absd 30%🤔

The ABSD is paid upfront right (so no loan component)in it 

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Damn the absd 30%🤔

I dont know that enough to say that more bank sale properties would happen.

but confirmed, those people who sold one and bought two with max leverage will be screwed.  Despite rental yields artificially being held up.

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

I dont know that enough to say that more bank sale properties would happen.

but confirmed, those people who sold one and bought two with max leverage will be screwed.  Despite rental yields artificially being held up.

I think the higher interest can still pay even if got to cut back eat maggi mee and bread. The killer blow is when job losses (no income to service installments) become substantial. 

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

On the contrary, for the retiree, he should not be leaving big amounts in low yielding FDs, locked up for such long periods.

putting it into a simple good reit will produce 3 times the yield at 4 times the frequency.   

If he has no choice only its most likely becos he knows little.   Then its just too bad for him.  

unless he is like me, cash rich and looking for opportunities.  As such, i do not lock in my money for long periods for so little return.

in other words, to lock up your $5000 for $7 a month for a period of 1 yr is plain dumb. Its better off owning the freedom to spend it whenever you need too.   

that sums it up ........ not everyone in his 60/70's is that savvy or has that kind of risk appetite     

• Praise 3

(edited)
13 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

that sums it up ........ not everyone in his 60/70's is that savvy or has that kind of risk appetite     

i have always been told that Singapore lang very cash rich.

hDB uncle aunty, $500k to $1mil in cash , plenty plenty sub sub sway.

REIT knowledge is actually very basic and the risk appetite is officially categorised as low.  
but yeah, Singapore lang unfortunately mostly blurf**k so LL.   

some keh kiang join mlm and gurus and sunshine empire…  huat ah.

anyway other peoples money, not my problem.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

On 6/12/2022 at 8:25 PM, Fcw75 said:

Don’t even know how their mobile banking work. 😅

Similar like other banks mobile banking. BOC FD can continuously withdraw/deposit anytime without penalty.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Johnnylim said:

Similar like other banks mobile banking. BOC FD can continuously withdraw/deposit anytime without penalty.

One can only get 1.7% if they apply thru mobile banking, meaning you must be a customer of BOC right?

6 hours ago, Johnnylim said:

Early withdrawal will forfeit your interest. Additional new deposit also will affect your existing principle. 

Not worth it. 

3 hours ago, awhtc said:

The 2-year treasury note is already 3.4% now https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/bond/tmubmusd02y?countrycode=bx

If SORA hits 2.5% by the end of this year, all the SORA-pegged floating rates here will be more than 3% while fixed rates will be over 4%.

Since the interest rate hikes are calibrated to be moderate, Fed may hold at these high rates for 2-3 years to push down inflation.

Singapore is also having its share of high inflation and the tech sector is starting to retrench now.

2022 and 2023 are going to be very turbulent.

DBS’ 2 years fixed rate already at 2.45%, just went up another 0.30%. I think it is a steal based on what I am seeing in treasury bills market. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

DBS’ 2 years fixed rate already at 2.45%, just went up another 0.30%. I think it is a steal based on what I am seeing in treasury bills market. 

I earlier predicte mortgage rates to hover around 4% all in by year end.

i wonder how fast and how how it would go now

• Praise 1

@Fcw75  Went BOC yesterday.  Have to open a Savings Account with them for mobile banking.  
Decided to terminate the 2 FD accounts I have with them & transferred the amt to their 1.7% Mobile .  Still earned a few dollars from the month long tenure with them when I terminated the 2 FD accounts which were only at  1.1%.    They were very patient and courteous with this noob who had never open FD online before.   

Thanks for advice to wait for further increase as I shall be putting in more if the rates are favourable.  Actually even better if the tenure is longer as I’m just looking to park my $ . 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
29 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

@Fcw75  Went BOC yesterday.  Have to open a Savings Account with them for mobile banking.  
Decided to terminate the 2 FD accounts I have with them & transferred the amt to their 1.7% Mobile .  Still earned a few dollars from the month long tenure with them when I terminated the 2 FD accounts which were only at  1.1%.    They were very patient and courteous with this noob who had never open FD online before.   

Thanks for advice to wait for further increase as I shall be putting in more if the rates are favourable.  Actually even better if the tenure is longer as I’m just looking to park my $ . 

That’s good.

I think it will go up to more than 2%. I remembered in 2009(?) FD rate was almost 2.2%. My father put quite a few then.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement