Have u regret not buying a better car during low COE?

Roh96

The period of low COE is over, most car prices have increased almost 50% over the past 12mths. I'm glad for my decision to change car in mid 2008, although i did not buy at the lowest point but still good enough compare to the prices now. Initially I was aiming at the civic 2.0 which was selling at 80k but end up buying stream due to family need for space. Looking back now abit regret as i did not get the car of my 1st choice. How about u? Have u regret not buying a better car during the low COE? This chance is like once in a lifetime thing. What is your view?

Edited by Roh96
↡ Advertisement

my dream car is an ATAV: All Terrian Armoured Vehicle

musso comes close to my needs and wallet

i wouldnt buy anything else [sunny] maybe except for VW Amarok

now i sell, i not only don lose, i probably make a little bit but no way i letting go of Mustank

He must continue to slave for me [whip]

Yes, I am 1 of them... i tot i shld have gone straight for a better car..

getting married nxt year, with hse, family coming,

a hatch maybe is just too small.

The period of low COE is over, most car prices have increased almost 50% over the past 12mths. I'm glad for my decision to change car in mid 2008, although i did not buy at the lowest point but still good enough compare to the prices now. Initially I was aiming at the civic 2.0 which was selling at 80k but end up buying stream due to family need for space. Looking back now abit regret as i did not get the car of my 1st choice. How about u? Have u regret not buying a better car during the low COE? This chance is like once in a lifetime thing. What is your view?

if the COE is still 1k now, will u buy the civic? ur comparisons like not much diff... almost the same car...only a sedan vs mpv... actually u r currently driving THE better car (from some viewpoints)... lol

actually SAF have them

in the last army open house, they have an suv which they modded until very nice for their ops in afganistan [inlove]

got armoured plated doors, bullet proof windows, snorkle........ [inlove]

I have no regrets for my 4 year old car. Going to drive to COE expiry and maybe renew the COE. [drivingcar]

I think your title should be rephrase as 'Do you regret not buying a better car during low COE with the same price that you are going to pay for your QQ now?' [bigcry]

if the COE is still 1k now, will u buy the civic? ur comparisons like not much diff... almost the same car...only a sedan vs mpv... actually u r currently driving THE better car (from some viewpoints)... lol

My answer is YES. I'm willing to sacrifice the space for better performance for a period of time bcos in the next few yrs when my 2 kids are older i don't need MPV liao. :D

Neutral Newbie

Got my allion last june at 62K, thinking back totally no regret at all as I buy based on budget and affordability

Todays car prices are crazy, I think a new allion >80K now since altis already >80k

My answer is YES. I'm willing to sacrifice the space for better performance for a period of time bcos in the next few yrs when my 2 kids are older i don't need MPV liao. :D

Nice bro.. I jio u Euro-R... hehe

I have no regrets for my 4 year old car. Going to drive to COE expiry and maybe renew the COE. [drivingcar]

Good for you. Yah i hope the next wave of cheap COE will come again before my current COE expire in 2018. Hope the next boat will come soon. Then everyone happy and huat ah!!!! [:)]

Supercharged

Why regret?

You are now a proud owner of a $100+k car. [sunny]

Then, 3-4 years later, the COE will head south again and its time to change to your next dream car!

Pity are those who's car is 8-9 year old.

Yeah I regret I neber sell my wife, my house, my parents to buy a Ferrari during the low COE period. [rolleyes]

Hey bro, above 500k car like Ferrari the price change due to COE fluctuation is nothing lah.

dont be so Fu*cking lame .

A car is an expense, you need it, can afford it, you buy it.

if you need to time a car purchase until like that, better not buy.

on the same notion, why not go and buy another fridge, another TV, another washing machine. Why not get another wife , in case the current one fails.

For goodness, get a life........

(edited)

Why regret?

You are now a proud owner of a $100+k car. [sunny]

Then, 3-4 years later, the COE will head south again and its time to change to your next dream car!

Pity are those who's car is 8-9 year old.

Those with 8-9 yrs old car now bang balls, those with 5-6 yrs old car now sweating, those with 1-2 yrs old car now laughing. :D

Edited by Roh96
↡ Advertisement