Drivers suck when they are at Clementi

Scoobydoo

Neutral Newbie

Typically don't really like to post about bad drivers as it is part and parcel of driving, but yesterday a red Kia Rio (SFF 54__ K) nearly got into an accident with me at Commonwealth Ave West junction of Clementi Ave 6.

Here is a view of the said junction :-

clementi.th.jpg

2 lanes going straight, 2 lanes turning right. However, opposite the junction, there are 3 lanes, although lane 1 is marked with chevron markings.

And this is what happened :-

clementi2.th.jpg

(not actual footage (this is from google maps) but can already see another dude driving over the chevrons [rolleyes] )

The Kia decided to go straight even though he was in the wrong lane before the junction.. OK FINE. I understand because sometimes you can be caught in the wrong lane due to heavy traffic. BUT at least go straight into Lane 1 and drive over the chevrons instead of trying to merge into my lane!! Our two cars combined doesn't form Devastator ok... this is not Transformers.

This is not the first time and in fact 50% of the time I drive past Clementi during rush hour, there will be some kok driver pulling some stunt or another.

Just hope drivers try to keep to the 2 left lanes early if they are going straight towards Jurong. And if you are really in the wrong lane, use the chevron lane to go straight. Already committing a violation then suddenly want to be legal again? lol

And no KIA bashing please [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Travel that road quite often. Can understand what you meant...there are always drivers thinking that the turn right lane is a 2 way, right and straight...always have to be careful there.

Turbocharged

same as express way lah. Everyone want to wait till the last min then try to rush from lane 1 to exit expressway. end up lane 1.2 and 3 all pill up.

Neutral Newbie

dun let this affect ur mood lah bro,

all the best to you later

Actually, dosen't really affect my mood.. except for a few mins after the incident :D

Just hope to spread a bit of road education [:p]

similar to wat i experience every morning along toh guan road opposite imm, towards international business park.

that area always jam in the morning...

there are 4 lanes, 2 left lanes for gg straight and 2 right lanes for turning right.

a lot of f**k up drivers always like to cut queue from the turning lane to the gg straight lane.

then the long row of drivers who bother to queue at the correct lane will always have to wait at least 2 to 3 traffic light stops b4 we can cross the junction....

these pple are just so..........*speechless*

Just to offtrack a little, IMHO, this is nothing compared to the exit into PIE (Tuas) from Clementi Ave 6.

This is just abt 1 km from the junction mentioned by TS.

Imagine tons of vehicles trying to negotiate that little stretch of not more than 100m gap during rush hour.

To me, that is purely a design flaw and I have learnt to close one eye and be aware of the vehicles around me.

I am hoping there won't be a fatal accident before LTA starts looking for a solution.

Neutral Newbie

Just to share...

I kenna honk at a few time in similar situation like that irregardless of Clementi or other places in Singapore [:p]

Most of the time is because I am very unfamiliar with the roads in Singapore, using my GPS 99% of the time since I collected my new ride a month ago.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just to share...

I kenna honk at a few time in similar situation like that irregardless of Clementi or other places in Singapore [:p]

Most of the time is because I am very unfamiliar with the roads in Singapore, using my GPS 99% of the time since I collected my new ride a month ago.

if you are in the wrong lane. Then continue down that lane direction. singapore is not very big, a wrong turn can easily be negoiate back at later junction.

Edited by Joseph22

have to agreed with Mr Wack Wack.

Singapore is not big, the next exit only a few meters away.

dun die die must filter in and exit lah

Just to offtrack a little, IMHO, this is nothing compared to the exit into PIE (Tuas) from Clementi Ave 6.

This is just abt 1 km from the junction mentioned by TS.

Imagine tons of vehicles trying to negotiate that little stretch of not more than 100m gap during rush hour.

To me, that is purely a design flaw and I have learnt to close one eye and be aware of the vehicles around me.

I am hoping there won't be a fatal accident before LTA starts looking for a solution.

which reminds me of the exit to CTE towards woodlands from PIE....

the merging road only consists of 2 lanes and there sure jam one...

i have a contractor friend whom i met during reservist last month n he told me that his company is involved in the widening of the road there... but its gonna be completed only earliest by next yr end....

he said coz they are oso now building a flyover at cte which can provide direct access to kallang....

similar to wat i experience every morning along toh guan road opposite imm, towards international business park.

there are 4 lanes, 2 left lanes for gg straight and 2 right lanes for turning right.

a lot of f**k up drivers always like to cut queue from the turning lane to the gg straight lane.

then the long row of drivers who bother to queue at the correct lane will always have to wait at least 2 to 3 traffic light stops b4 we can cross the junction....

most of the cars are turning to IMM during weekends... the problem was solved when 2 lanes created for turning...

anyway, upon u cross the junction.. its only 2 lane... so be it lor...

i know how you feel, i share the same experience also there every morning. . .

it happens from 0710-0750. . . always some morons will cut queue from the right to join the 2 lanes going straight. . .

very frustrating. . .

nowadays i rather go the long way from Jurong Town Hall to head to AYE. . .

maybe you can try that as well. . .

(edited)

Actually, dosen't really affect my mood.. except for a few mins after the incident :D

Just hope to spread a bit of road education [:p]

you are one example to prove that not all Scoob drivers are mean. .

this shows that we do get bullied too. . .

[laugh]:D[laugh]

Edited by Xtravagant
↡ Advertisement