Sungai Lembing, Kuantan

Kelpie

Hypersonic

Have lah. You can see lots of shops sell salted fish along Route 3 from Kuantan to Trengganu.

They also sell frozen keropok lekor. Wana bring back SG, need a freezer bag. I must remember to bring one if I visiting Kuantan again.

Yah. I bought salt fish and keropok along route.

The keropok come home fried it was really good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Visited S Lembing  last month as a day trip from my hotel along Cherating.  
Very sleepy town indeed, especially mid week. I like the quietness and tranquil settings that harks back to a bygone era.  This little town only springs to life during weekends and holidays.  Visited before on a weekend and now on a weekday; there’s so much difference especially in vehicular traffic and the the crowds.  And so much parking lots around this time.   Downside is I couldn’t get to enjoy the famous roast pig as the shop is only opened on weekends.  

All attractions not opened, restaurants closed.  The wooden footbridge is covered with debris & driftwood.  No pics of it as I was the driver. 

• Praise 8

(edited)

As we arrived after 1pm, the stalls in the small hawker centre were either not open or were cleaning up.  Thankfully, there’s one stall that’s still opened. 

Usually Hakka noodle dish is just boiled noodles with sauce but this one was good!  It was fried over a strong fire that licked the sides of the wok, giving it a nice wok hei fragrance. 

26A711C0-D7B7-4B6C-A151-7B7C13976550.thumb.jpeg.a2c22eabf07e093ae397dbe775b1e299.jpeg

Fried Hokkien noodles and tahu goreng

37E0B282-3361-4528-8F79-D1E57D30DD2B.jpeg

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 6

(edited)

The heat was stifling, didn’t take many pics: 6CA517B7-188D-49F5-8F52-67BBA6688B65.thumb.jpeg.13e5ced5b8304159cb5a43a5e5a7903e.jpeg

The old trees are still standing but didn’t take a pic of the iconic one.

D898A50A-E755-45EC-BE33-73DCFF60E56A.thumb.jpeg.681e25e96fdb689b2149d774d9965105.jpeg

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 10

On 6/5/2022 at 4:22 PM, TameDriver said:

Visited S Lembing  last month as a day trip from my hotel along Cherating.  
Very sleepy town indeed, especially mid week. I like the quietness and tranquil settings that harks back to a bygone era.  This little town only springs to life during weekends and holidays.  Visited before on a weekend and now on a weekday; there’s so much difference especially in vehicular traffic and the the crowds.  And so much parking lots around this time.   Downside is I couldn’t get to enjoy the famous roast pig as the shop is only opened on weekends.  

All attractions not opened, restaurants closed.  The wooden footbridge is covered with debris & driftwood.  No pics of it as I was the driver. 

Roast pig in this part of Malaysia? 

(edited)

@teomingern  Many day trippers,  even from KL, on weekends.  
Although East Coast Malaysia has higher number of Malays, there’ll also plenty of non Malays.  Can easily get pork dishes within Kuantan town & Chukai. 

Also many non halal restaurants.  

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 2

10 hours ago, TameDriver said:

@teomingern  Many day trippers,  even from KL, on weekends.  
Although East Coast Malaysia has higher number of Malays, there’ll also plenty of non Malays.  Can easily get pork dishes within Kuantan town & Chukai. 

Also many non halal restaurants.  

The last time I was there, very hard to find... but I was in Trengganu lar... super difficult to find shop to sell SIM card even... in the end just lived without internet lor... that was in 2013 I think... stayed at some Berjaya Resort which charged RM25 for 24 hour internet which was available only in the non-aircon lobby... a bit crazy...

(edited)

It's been 10 years since I went there and little is changed other than the closure of those old shops. I remember that small town was so full of life when all the shops were opened, even as there was only 1 hotel right at the entrance where the big tree is. Did you notice any pot holes along the way in to the town? The road was pretty bad then and I'm still afraid to revisit that place now that I'm on low profile tires.

The roast pork was super nice and the environment was really quaint but a bit hard to locate. I'm glad the uncle is still alive and it's a pity you were not able to try it. There was also the mango fish which was their featured dish at one of the restaurants.

Did you visit the rainbow fall and climb the mountain?

Send more pics please 🙂

Edited by Pmet

Supercharged
On 5/9/2017 at 2:35 PM, Adrianli said:

Go to Cukai town, slightly north of Club Med. The shophouses there got 60's to 70's feel.

The stuffed crab place still operating?

9 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

The last I was there, the stuffed crab at Grandview is better than Tong Juan. TJ is a bit overrated, IMHO.

GrandView Restaurant
+60 10-226 2896
https://goo.gl/maps/K7mFnxx5oP29gh8B8

Totally agree. Their standard dropped compared to the past visits over the years. So do not have too much expectation.

• Praise 1

@Hamburger   No point drive there just visit to visit S Lembing. Ideally go during mid year when can watch turtle lay eggs, fireflies, lie on the beach, etc.  Once covid pandemic is over, S Lembing will become crazily crowded during weekend & finding a place to park is frustrating.  Hence, I went on a weekday. 

• Praise 1