New KIA Optima/Magentis - check it out!

Kar_lover

but they havent even made the actual model yet...

usually cars in sketches all look nice one...

even the Chery QQ...

[rolleyes]

Agreed though!

Big rims, no fender gap... low roof, sleek look... typical concept drawings :D

but they havent even made the actual model yet...

usually cars in sketches all look nice one...

even the Chery QQ...

[rolleyes]

But they said will be start selling this year leh...so should be more or less ready for production. The actual Koup was quite faithful to the sketches version - although of cos the sketches have additional lines and swoops to make the car look nicer but the main design elements did translate to final production.

still have to see the actual model of the car...

later they tone down the design, look like a larger Rio/ Forte then how??

haha...

Yes of course have to wait till actual car comes out - not as if we can pre-book now anyway...just dat was supposed to get the Koup and now another option pops up!

Any ideal how much that car will cost?

It would depend on wat engine options they gonna give (and also the COE at that time) but i m guessing/expecting between $78k for 2.0L, (Forte 2.0 SX is $70k now) to $88k for 2.4L and who knows maybe $100k for 3.2L V6 (based on current COE levels)? My wish list: 6 speed dual clutch transmission (i'm sure will have at least the current 6speed found in Sorento) & electric seats. My fantasy list: come out with a 1.8L turbo/twin charged engine (to compete with Passat CC)!! And while they're at it, do a 1.4L twin charged Koup ($78k) to compete with Jetta Sport/Golf Sport/Mito Multiaire!

It would depend on wat engine options they gonna give (and also the COE at that time) but i m guessing/expecting between $78k for 2.0L, (Forte 2.0 SX is $70k now) to $88k for 2.4L and who knows maybe $100k for 3.2L V6 (based on current COE levels)? My wish list: 6 speed dual clutch transmission (i'm sure will have at least the current 6speed found in Sorento) & electric seats. My fantasy list: come out with a 1.8L turbo/twin charged engine (to compete with Passat CC)!! And while they're at it, do a 1.4L twin charged Koup ($78k) to compete with Jetta Sport/Golf Sport/Mito Multiaire!

it will likely remain a fantasy. Their Tech is not that advance yet [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Really mus clap for the ex-Audi designer. Looks like KIA is on the right track following the design of Koup, nw the Optima. They knw the oni thing that they can catch up is in terms of design. Kudos!

it'll probably start off with 2.0MPI (Kia's version for direct injection)...

would come with 180bhp i think...

there'll probably be a 2.4MPI with 200bhp too...

and if Kia's workers and staff don't go on strikes as often as they did,

they could perhaps collaborate with Hyundai and engineer a 1.6Turbo (like Ford's Ecoboost tech) to produce 180bhp??

Conti cars now have turbo-charged 1.4/1.6L engines producing 2.0L/2.4L powers...

Hyundai and Kia currently only have NA direct injection engines to compete with the conti's smaller cc Turbo engines...

still a long way to go for the engineering department!!

[:p]

↡ Advertisement