MB C180K BE vs AUDI A4 1.8T Attraction

Relagsingh

Ok guys,

I know that this topic has been discussed at length and I know what is the general consensus is like. But what I'm going to present here is more 'down to the wire', ie. prices and packages offered.

1st, I would like to cast my opinions on both of these cars. Some may beg to differ but all comments will be treated with respect. Personally already have a preference, but after looking and feeling both cars, the race is blown wide open. Now it almost depends on which brand gives me a better offer.

C180K BE

Pros:

- Better overall retail package

- Lower road tax

- RWD is just better(Really.)

- Additional boot lip spoiler

- 17" multi spoke rims

Cons:

- Ah Pek image

- Less interior equipment

- Slightly more road and engine noise

- One year older than A4

A4 1.8T Attraction

Pros:

- Impressive interior equipment

- Better looking inside out

- More powerful and refined

- More features

Cons:

- Stiff pricing and unattractive retail package

- Dull handling(Drive select? I'm not so sure... The electro steering doesn't cut the mustard. Really.)

- Ugly rims

- FWD

- Just an expensive VW?

Similiarities:

- Ride in comfort or sport mode almost the same, less the handling and steering feel.

- Both offer 17"rims

- Warranty package

↡ Advertisement

One has class, sophistication and depth. the other has looks, youth and more toys. Both are equally expensive (forget about depreciation). But which one will make you lust after it longer?

I guess you have the answer.

I was looking to these 2 usual suspects as well. Nice car n all but it somehow didn't get the juices flowing as much as i had expected for the money.

In the end, decided to keep my T5 as it's definitely got more shove and is pretty fun to drive. Maybe when the 5-seater sexy Passat CC gets here, i might juz be seduced.....

i agree with soya ... am still happy with my S60 but the VW 5 seat CC is becoming very tempting.

haha...we'll turn the PCC into the next ah pek car. [thumbsup]

I disagree that the current C180 has ah pek image...The previous C class and E class yes, but not the current C class...The Mercs design has clearly improved a lot more recently although I do agree that the A4 still looked better but the C180 is definitely by no means an ah pek car..

I am a merc owner but I chose the A4 for 2nd car. Really.

Ok guys,

I know that this topic has been discussed at length and I know what is the general consensus is like. But what I'm going to present here is more 'down to the wire', ie. prices and packages offered.

1st, I would like to cast my opinions on both of these cars. Some may beg to differ but all comments will be treated with respect. Personally already have a preference, but after looking and feeling both cars, the race is blown wide open. Now it almost depends on which brand gives me a better offer.

C180K BE

Pros:

- Better overall retail package

- Lower road tax

- RWD is just better(Really.)

- Additional boot lip spoiler

- 17" multi spoke rims

Cons:

- Ah Pek image

- Less interior equipment

- Slightly more road and engine noise

- One year older than A4

A4 1.8T Attraction

Pros:

- Impressive interior equipment

- Better looking inside out

- More powerful and refined

- More features

Cons:

- Stiff pricing and unattractive retail package

- Dull handling(Drive select? I'm not so sure... The electro steering doesn't cut the mustard. Really.)

- Ugly rims

- FWD

- Just an expensive VW?

Similiarities:

- Ride in comfort or sport mode almost the same, less the handling and steering feel.

- Both offer 17"rims

- Warranty package

Nah... no PI for me if I'm getting an exec car.

the 250CGI is a good package though. But I'll make do with the 1.6... slightly easier on the pocket as well. Anyway I'm getting a cruiser.

Nah... no PI for me if I'm getting an exec car.

the 250CGI is a good package though. But I'll make do with the 1.6... slightly easier on the pocket as well. Anyway I'm getting a cruiser.

if you're after a cruiser, i suppose you're not interested in the pleasures of a RWD (even tho the C180 is HARDLY a corner carver, given its modest power output), in which case the A4 performs ALMOST as well as the C180 in normal condition handling. and you get to do it in more prettiness, style and comfort as well. oh well just my opinion

Edited by Viceroymenthol

if you're after a cruiser, i suppose you're not interested in the pleasures of a RWD (even tho the C180 is HARDLY a corner carver, given its modest power output)...

No need to go fast to enjoy the pleasure of a RWD. You'll find it easier to stick to your lanes in slow right handed traffic light turns while you see other cars struggling.

Yeah...

There can only be one. Anyway I've made my decision. Took another test again. Not looking back anymore. [laugh]

Congrats!

You will not regret it. 9.7 sec to the century sprint is not fast for some, but it is sufficient for local traffic and road condition.

The chassis is one thing you will enjoy most .... much more than a bimmer or an audi f you're a cruiser.

Which colour combo did you choose?

The keys and dash you'll be getting is totally new (E class type keys and sports dash), if its new shipment .... slightly different from the previous batch. I'm sure you'll like it.

If you are getting the same batch as mine, you'll get Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyres with the multispoke rims. Otherwise, it'll be either Conti Sport Contact 3 or Michelin Primacy HP. They only ship with either one of these.

Congrats!

You will not regret it. 9.7 sec to the century sprint is not fast for some, but it is sufficient for local traffic and road condition.

The chassis is one thing you will enjoy most .... much more than a bimmer or an audi f you're a cruiser.

Which colour combo did you choose?

The keys and dash you'll be getting is totally new (E class type keys and sports dash), if its new shipment .... slightly different from the previous batch. I'm sure you'll like it.

If you are getting the same batch as mine, you'll get Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyres with the multispoke rims. Otherwise, it'll be either Conti Sport Contact 3 or Michelin Primacy HP. They only ship with either one of these.

Are u referring to this key?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...17&CUR=21#P

Yes, but the C comes with 3 buttons, same as E. Its lighter than the old key, which was heftly. And the buttons are smaller. Most importantly,the fibre optic interface of the key is no longer circular, but rectangle. You'll know what i mean when you collect your car.

This is the old key

http://images.google.com.sg/imglanding?q=m...M&start=350

http://www.3dexport.com/img-mercedes-key-7823.htm#topimg

Edited by Miles

For me A4 for sure.

Look for A4 : COOL, TRENDY AND YUPPIE.

BENZ till now till project an AH PEK AND BIZMAN CAR provided u drv a SLK OR CLK.

Yes, but the C comes with 3 buttons, same as E. Its lighter than the old key, which was heftly. And the buttons are smaller. Most importantly,the fibre optic interface of the key is no longer circular, but rectangle. You'll know what i mean when you collect your car.

This is the old key

http://images.google.com.sg/imglanding?q=m...M&start=350

http://www.3dexport.com/img-mercedes-key-7823.htm#topimg

Is the new key "better" than the old one (got mine in Oct 2009)?

Look for A4 : COOL, TRENDY AND YUPPIE.

BENZ till now till project an AH PEK AND BIZMAN CAR provided u drv a SLK OR CLK.

COOL, TRENDY AND YUPPIE

but many people who drive AUDI POCKET NO MONEY

just like ME

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement