Elite and you may be spare...?

LoverofCar

we should all be glad that her car stalled :o

even heaven got eyes, if not someone may be killed! [thumbsdown]

seriously, this kind of shhit only reinforce my belief that the only defence against drink drivers is armour

Actually this is the first time that I recall hearing "car stalled" - I wonder if it is revisionist reporting, from what I remember all the previous stories report that she had pulled over and parked.

To me "car stalled" = car broken down and inoperable. This would put a slightly different slant on it.

Anyway, just a quick thought, if YOUR Aunt was in hospital, would you get yourself drunk?

Another thing that bugs me about this case - she is reporting a "nightcap" and didn't realise over limit. Well I would say its one HELL of a nightcap if you are still that far over the limit hours later - to me a nightcap is two or three shots - which is not enough to put you over the limit.

haha. got say like nv say like tat.

at least ask his limit. den we have a case to compare. if not dun bother to say things like "my frens fren, they all, this and that"

in the end there is no basis to do any comparison.

Ai yeah. how i know above drink alchol above different limit got different penalty?

For me, Drink dont drive. IF drive then dont drink.

Go $$$ can pay more to get a good lawyer..... that made a big dif.

of course got use la..

Senior Counsel leh...

even judge gotta give face to SC... haiz...elites shiok la

she can engage SC to fight case,

wad is $5000 fine???

Dr Lim's lawyer, Senior Counsel Sant Singh, argued that her decision to drive was not deliberate but arose out of her distraught state when she got a phone call in the middle of the night saying that a close aunt was in a bad state in hospital.

lawyer trying to smoke a 3 yr old kid and 'someone' can believe and accept such reasoning?

Who believe the doctor is drinking in the middle of the night at home? If drunk, how come not sleeping and phone call can wake her up?

Wonder how they provide the evidence for justification

Or maybe a Lau Go Chiongster at some PUB? If yes how did she reach and left the PUB after drinking? by taxi?

Edited by Axela72

irene-shinmin.jpg

Dr Irene Lim Kay Hian, a senior consultant radiologist at the KK Women's and Children's Hospital, looked relieved after her appeal was allowed. -- PHOTO: SHIN MIN

Someone must have messed up the picture and caption. Who wears until like that to attend court?

Jail for drink-driving doctor changed to $5000 fine

20 Jan 2010

SOURCE: The Straits Times

Dr Lim's lawyer, Senior Counsel Sant Singh, argued that her decision to drive was not deliberate but arose out of her distraught state when she got a phone call in the middle of the night saying that a close aunt was in a bad state in hospital.

Oh c'mon, can't she called for cab?!

Yes. I think some people do see things only on the surface.. one case and they think its applicable to all.

I am sure there are non publicised cases where offenders are let off more lightly. One of the reason this case came out in the papers is because this person is the sister of two Singaporean actors..

Actually I got peasant friends who drink and drive and kena caught.. The penalty is lighter than her. only 1K fine and 1 year ban from driving nia. so i think her case quite jialet.

Edited by Davidtkl

Yes. I think some people do see things only on the surface.. one case and they think its applicable to all.

I am sure there are non publicised cases where offenders are let off more lightly. One of the reason this case came out in the papers is because this person is the sister of two Singaporean actors..

Which actress?? sorry i dont follow the news.

But 1 thing about singaporean, when a elite break the law, they want the court to place maximun penalty. if not this mean that they are protected. :wacko:

she's not considered elite lah ...

cut some slack her ... look at the mitigating pleas and look at the whole issue in context ...

IMHO, if don't jail, then max fine should be imposed to send a strong signal

This is the case whereby she was not involved in any accident under the influence of alcohol, neither she has caused any injury or death to the third party. According to the newspaper, EMAS system spotted her car parked along PIE near Clementi Ave 6, and they alerted the Police who sent a patrol car to check on her and led to detection of this case.

If you are in her position, I am sure you would appeal against the jail sentence and there is a chance that you may have escape the jail sentence as well. And let us wait to hear from Appeal Judge Chao Hick Tin who said that he will give a written judgment to explain why he set aside the jail term, a penalty usually given to drink-driving motorists with high alcohol levels.

Is it true that when you are drunk, it is an offence to be in the driver's seat although the car is stationary?

Anyone knows? [confused]

why you want to create such a situation that may result in the police misunderstand your actions? dont invite trouble when you are already in such a vulnerable situation.

↡ Advertisement