Elite and you may be spare...?

LoverofCar

Jail for drink-driving doctor changed to $5000 fine

20 Jan 2010

SOURCE: The Straits Times

A 59-YEAR-OLD doctor who appealed against her two-week jail term for drink driving has had the sentence reduced to a $5,000 fine.

Dr Irene Lim Kay Hian, a senior consultant radiologist at the KK Women's and Children's Hospital, looked relieved after her appeal was allowed. She remains banned from driving for four years.

Justice Chao Hick Tin said he will give written reasons for his decision at a later date.

Dr Lim's lawyer, Senior Counsel Sant Singh, argued that her decision to drive was not deliberate but arose out of her distraught state when she got a phone call in the middle of the night saying that a close aunt was in a bad state in hospital.

On her way to the National University Hospital, Dr Lim's car stalled along the Pan Island Expressway near the Clementi Avenue 6 exit.

A patrol officer with the Expressway Monitoring Advisory System who checked on the car, noticed the woman smelt of alcohol and the Traffic Police was called in. A breathalyser test at the police station showed she had 129 mcg of alcohol per 100 ml of breath, nearly four times the legal limit of 35 mcg.

↡ Advertisement

its does pay to be elites......

punishment normally base on your current and potential contribution to society...

heard some insider stories before....

Actually I got peasant friends who drink and drive and kena caught.. The penalty is lighter than her. only 1K fine and 1 year ban from driving nia. so i think her case quite jialet.

Actually I got peasant friends who drink and drive and kena caught.. The penalty is lighter than her. only 1K fine and 1 year ban from driving nia. so i think her case quite jialet.

Is your friend 4x over the limit ?

Twincharged

i wonder if the Judge's written "reasons" wud be made public or not ?

btw, couple of weeks back, a swiss? millionaire was fined $200k for speeding in his country .... the fine amount was based on his wealth.

so maybe the peasant driver paid a fine based on his wealth ? but $5k for a SC Radiologist ? I am guessing she shud have a LV bag stuffed somewhere in her storeroom.

Edited by Ysc3

i wonder if the Judge's written "reasons" wud be made public or not ?

btw, couple of weeks back, a swiss? millionaire was fined $200k for speeding in his country .... the fine amount was based on his wealth.

so maybe the peasant driver paid a fine based on his wealth ? but $5k for a SC Radiologist ? I am guessing she shud have a LV bag stuffed somewhere in her storeroom.

what? and potentially scare away all the elites??? are you out of your mind???

i rather we the peasant suffer...... so that they can have a wonderful life

we should all be glad that her car stalled :o

even heaven got eyes, if not someone may be killed! [thumbsdown]

seriously, this kind of shhit only reinforce my belief that the only defence against drink drivers is armour

Told you all to study hard, don't want to listen.

if not can become an Elites and won come to MCF to complain deh.

[bigcry] very regret last time relac, play guitar dream of becoming rock star <_< O level result up lorry.

else now i can be elite and escape consequences for many many things done wrong.........

did not ask him about that. ppl kena ban liao dont want to make him more upset.

haha. got say like nv say like tat.

at least ask his limit. den we have a case to compare. if not dun bother to say things like "my frens fren, they all, this and that"

in the end there is no basis to do any comparison.

↡ Advertisement