How to trace owner from vehicle registration number?

Beehive3783

Twincharged
On 6/24/2024 at 2:15 PM, BanCoe said:

an someone double check for me,is this Porsche parked at my Street...Deregister.?

....... he own the street lah, private one lah :a-happy:

Sorry..type too fast.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 6/24/2024 at 3:12 PM, boonhat_91 said:

Did one of the neighbours open a used car dealer? I ever met one dealer who is a one-man show opened a LLP and vehicles for sale are parked at/outside his landed residence.

Actually not a bad idea to open used car dealer if the person stay in landed. Since most landed have ample free parking space for cars. 

Hypersonic
On 6/24/2024 at 3:18 PM, ER-3682 said:

Sorry..type too fast.

At least u got polis station at your street 😇😇I must be “ someone” 

5th Gear

Wonder what happened to the Porsche...

If change plate, I think 3 days processing time should be more than sufficient. 

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 6/24/2024 at 12:23 PM, ER-3682 said:

Can someone double check for me,is this Porsche parked at my Street...Deregister.?

IMG-20240624-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20240624-WA0031.jpg

Correcting myself. Yes the plate has been deregistered because the number plate checksum checks out 

Edited by macrosszero

Twincharged
On 6/24/2024 at 8:30 PM, macrosszero said:

Correcting myself. Yes the plate has been deregistered because the number plate checksum checks out 

Meaning.?

Turbocharged
On 6/24/2024 at 9:15 PM, ER-3682 said:

Meaning.?

I previously thought that the number plate was fake

Hypersonic
On 6/24/2024 at 7:42 PM, 107fan said:

Wonder what happened to the Porsche...

If change plate, I think 3 days processing time should be more than sufficient. 

If the owner retained the number without getting another car yet, the number can retain for 1 year if i am not wrong. So during this period, the system would also show no record found.

• Praise 2

5th Gear
On 6/24/2024 at 11:11 PM, 13177 said:

If the owner retained the number without getting another car yet, the number can retain for 1 year if i am not wrong. So during this period, the system would also show no record found.

Either way, offence is committed if put wrong plate on a vehicle.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 6/25/2024 at 1:06 AM, 107fan said:

Either way, offence is committed if put wrong plate on a vehicle.

True, if this car the number is retained, by right it would generate a new car plate and the owner should change to the new plate and should not let the retained plate display on the car if exceeded by 3 days.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
On 6/25/2024 at 6:40 AM, 13177 said:

True, if this car the number is retained, by right it would generate a new car plate and the owner should change to the new plate and should not let the retained plate display on the car if exceeded by 3 days.

Same as my old Mazda,when i collected my Camry & handed over the Mazda to the Dealer,the Staff put up a new Number to the Car.

Twincharged

Anyway,my Neighbour already reported to LTA & Police,hoped that they check on this Porsche ASAP.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, would like to check for the scenario, what can I do?

I was going into JB via woodlands and while queueing, this car suddenly grazed against my car. Due to the traffic conditions, I was abit stunned and didn't know what to do and the car went on.

I have the car plate from my in car cam but i realised the timestamp is wrong (i had gotten this car last dec second hand and did not check the settings).

Grateful for some advice please.

Thanks!

6th Gear
On 7/6/2024 at 10:39 AM, bbbbbiu said:

I was going into JB via woodlands and while queueing, this car suddenly grazed against my car. Due to the traffic conditions, I was abit stunned and didn't know what to do and the car went on.

I have the car plate from my in car cam but i realised the timestamp is wrong (i had gotten this car last dec second hand and did not check the settings).

Thanks!

Since your cam clock is not set probbaly, ...live and let live. Its minor. Part and parcel of driving on the roads..

• Praise 1

1st Gear
On 7/6/2024 at 10:39 AM, bbbbbiu said:

Thanks!

On 7/6/2024 at 2:46 PM, Davidklt said:

Since your cam clock is not set probbaly, ...live and let live. Its minor. Part and parcel of driving on the roads..

This can be constituted as a hit-and-run incident and should be reported to the police for them to investigate. The timestamp in your dashcam video is irrelevant because the dashcam video can be used to corroborate with your reporting. Just report factually that your dashcam was not configured properly to display the correct date and time.

However, there is probably no point pursuing if the other car is from Malaysia.

6th Gear
On 7/6/2024 at 5:45 PM, sinistral said:

This can be constituted as a hit-and-run incident and should be reported to the police for them to investigate. The timestamp in your dashcam video is irrelevant because the dashcam video can be used to corroborate with your reporting. Just report factually that your dashcam was not configured properly to display the correct date and time.

However, there is probably no point pursuing if the other car is from Malaysia.

Do you seriously think the TP would investigate these minor incidents?

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On 7/6/2024 at 7:08 PM, Davidklt said:

Do you seriously think the TP would investigate these minor incidents?

That’s why I don’t even bother to pursue the matter when my car was hit and run by a van at my MSCP cos I think report police also no use. I also got the video. This driver for the company don’t even bother to admit this and he always parked at the same level as me. I sucked thumb and intend to repair on my own cost. 

Hypersonic
On 7/6/2024 at 7:24 PM, Daniu82 said:

That’s why I don’t even bother to pursue the matter when my car was hit and run by a van at my MSCP cos I think report police also no use. I also got the video. This driver for the company don’t even bother to admit this and he always parked at the same level as me. I sucked thumb and intend to repair on my own cost. 

Report to TP for hit and run.

Claim against his insurance.

If his insurer reject your claims, complain to MAS.

↡ Advertisement