Tampering Fuel Gauge 2010

Hiphiphoray

TODAY paper page 14........15th Jan 2010. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Four Singaporeans were charged yesterday, with two of them fine and jailed for tampering with thier fuel gauges.

The men, all in thier 30s, were the first to be charged this year for the offence and had been arrested within the span of one and a half hours on wednesday morning.

At about 12.30am, Raymond Foo Yong Meng, 32, was caught at the Woodlands Checkpoint. His car fuel gauge indicated the tank was full but a close check showed the reading should have been at the one-quarter mark. It was believed that he used a remote control to adjust the gauge.

Half an hour later at the same checkpoint, Muhammad Shaiful Ismail, 30, was caught with a tampered fuel gauge and the remote control device used for the deed.

At about 2am, Benjamin Giam Kok Meng, 36, and Ang Kok Tong, 31, were arrested for similar offences.

Muhammad Shaiful and Giam both pleased guilty to not having the minimum amount of fuel - a three-quarter tank full - when attempting to leave Singapore, as well as giving false information to officers. They were each fined $500 and jailed two weeks. Court proceedings are ongoing for the other two cases.

Last year, Singapore Customs prosected 24 persons for tampering with fuel gauges, up from just four in 2008.

Edited by Hiphiphoray
↡ Advertisement

Aiyoh....what a way to start a new year....not worth it.

Btw, I wonder why those who kenna pull aside didn't want to admit the offense straight away....which will probably save them the jail term.

Edited by Silver_blade

Aiyoh....what a way to start a new year....not worth it.

Btw, I wonder why those who kenna pull aside didn't want to admit the offense straight away....which will probably save them the jail term.

They aredy modded the fuel gauge with intention to lie, of coz they dont want to admit.

I juz wondering how custom found out...dip stick?

ya lo...

kena caught, juz admit, at most kena warning.

say next time wont, give some c--k excuse, relative in jb hospital very sick, so rush in, no time pump petrol liao etc...

c--k n bull story lo...

immigration officer also compassionate one ma...

knn, dio sideline liao still wan to chut stunt.

fan jian!

ya lo...

kena caught, juz admit, at most kena warning.

say next time wont, give some c--k excuse, relative in jb hospital very sick, so rush in, no time pump petrol liao etc...

c--k n bull story lo...

immigration officer also compassionate one ma...

knn, dio sideline liao still wan to chut stunt.

fan jian!

This excuse hard to believe, go JB for this. Try bro not enough $$$, kenna detained at health center. Waiting to redeem.

Four Singaporeans were charged yesterday, with two of them fine and jailed for tampering with thier fuel gauges.

The men, all in thier 30s, were the first to be charged this year for the offence and had been arrested within the span of one and a half hours on wednesday morning.

At about 12.30am, Raymond Foo Yong Meng, 32, was caught at the Woodlands Checkpoint. His car fuel gauge indicated the tank was full but a close check showed the reading should have been at the one-quarter mark. It was believed that he used a remote control to adjust the gauge.

Half an hour later at the same checkpoint, Muhammad Shaiful Ismail, 30, was caught with a tampered fuel gauge and the remote control device used for the deed.

bro... how do you do a close check?... x-ray camera? i dont think we can be subjected to x-rays anyhow correct? or got device like the us airport using? hmmmm.. dip stick is out of the question... for newer cars that is... the way i see it must be kanna 'bao toh' or like what i always thought, the malaysia side take note of ppl pumping alot of petrol regularly?... hmmmm.... [confused]

Supercharged

bro... how do you do a close check?... x-ray camera? i dont think we can be subjected to x-rays anyhow correct? or got device like the us airport using? hmmmm.. dip stick is out of the question... for newer cars that is... the way i see it must be kanna 'bao toh' or like what i always thought, the malaysia side take note of ppl pumping alot of petrol regularly?... hmmmm.... [confused]

well, you don't need to ask or know all these as long you follow the 3/4 rule.

never mod fuel gauge, that's a deliberate attempt to cheat. definite jailtime..

Yah, just spoilt the fuel gauge will do. Make it permanently at 3/4 lor, spoilt fuel gauge cannot charge mah, it's a mechanical failure.

well, you don't need to ask or know all these as long you follow the 3/4 rule.

of course i am entitled to ask or know... kaypo can anot? :D

Just guessing, when switch off engine, the fuel gage supposed to rest at zero-point, but becos of "adjustment", the fuel gage now rest at "3/4".

Just guessing, when switch off engine, the fuel gage supposed to rest at zero-point, but becos of "adjustment", the fuel gage now rest at "3/4".

wrong guess... i've seen before remote ones... the engine off the gauge will still go down... :mellow: