Credit Cards - Questions and Answer

Kopitam

just got a called from them this morning, asking me to sign up.... [sweatdrop]

i think their mkting quite aggressive...

nah... no need so many CC IMO.

1 ocbc, 1 uob, 1 citibank and 1 stan chart is more than enough. n maybe i will apply 1 more everyday card.

chor teng arh...

I am holding the AMEX Platinum Card and Krisflyer Gold Card for many years, and I have never paid any annual fee so far. Just call them for waiver, if they refused just cancel it, nothing to loose. They sent me a pre-approved PLATINUM RESERVES Card with 50% reduction in annual fee @$250 per year, I refused to accept their offer. This month I just got my Platinum Card fee of $300 waived.

from wad i read amex's perks like not alot leh. unless 1 is a frequent flyer if not... no pt. plus many merchants dont accept amex.

i think their mkting quite aggressive...

nah... no need so many CC IMO.

1 ocbc, 1 uob, 1 citibank and 1 stan chart is more than enough. n maybe i will apply 1 more everyday card.

chor teng arh...

one card with good limits, good enough.... [:p]

from wad i read amex's perks like not alot leh. unless 1 is a frequent flyer if not... no pt. plus many merchants dont accept amex.

true, and also amex is more of a charge card then a credit card....

I did called up Amex before and checked with them for Amex Plat CC about the waiver of $300 annual fee.

Amex is looking around 10K-15K per year spending and will consider to waive off the annual fee.

So i believe this $300 is not a must to pay but they are looking at each individual spending power per year.

Hope this help to clear the doubt

one card with good limits, good enough.... [:p]

For me ocbc is for petrol, uob citibank is for discounts here and there. stanchart gives 4X limit and everyday card seems gd with the rebates

true, and also amex is more of a charge card then a credit card....

oh yes. that i agree. [cool]

my boss' amex has 500k limit!

a few yrs ago polis wear shorts meh? [:p]

if i'm not wrong, watever the min. income the credit cards indicate is juz a formality. banks dun really adhere to it unless u're income is really far off.

iirc, the only barrier is the min 30k p.a for c.c applicant set by MAS and max. credit limit to 2 months income.

The rest are all marketing gimmick by the banks. As long as they comply with the 2 main criteria.

In other words, all cards are equal.

iirc, the only barrier is the min 30k p.a for c.c applicant set by MAS and max. credit limit to 2 months income.

The rest are all marketing gimmick by the banks. As long as they comply with the 2 main criteria.

In other words, all cards are equal.

stan chart gives 4X btw... and i feel the difference is only the promos and discouts from different banks

For me ocbc is for petrol, uob citibank is for discounts here and there. stanchart gives 4X limit and everyday card seems gd with the rebates

me pump shell, so use UOB platinum, now petrol price up, can start to redeem my reward $$$ [:p]

stan chart gives 4X btw... and i feel the difference is only the promos and discouts from different banks

4X monthly income limit? this is new. Nvr heard of it b4. My card credit limit 6k but dats enuff.

4X monthly income limit? this is new. Nvr heard of it b4. My card credit limit 6k but dats enuff.

CIMB also 4X, they advertise 4X, really give me 4X, it's not a gimmick. I work less than 1 year btw. Don't need so much but they give I just take.

The only card that is free for lifetime, no strings attached. 1% cash rebate for overseas transaction.

Edited by Pchmj

CIMB also 4X, they advertise 4X, really give me 4X, it's not a gimmick. I work less than 1 year btw. Don't need so much but they give I just take.

you never know when you will need the credit limit anyway.. but of course be sensible when you spend and spend within your limits because it is no joke when you owe money to the bank! [sweatdrop]