Citibank Dividend Card - Dividend$

Beachboys

For those using Dividend Card with Esso Mobil Card at Esso stations for the super high discounts, please remember to double-check the Dividend$ rebate in your monthly statement...

Realised since last month statement that the computation for the earned Dividend$ is lesser than what should have been given, not just petrol station (5%) but also other spendings (eg: 2% dining, etc).. Excuse was the different/unrecognized merchant charge codes used by the merchants (but I told them this shouldn't be my problem right)~

Called them up last month n promised to rectify everything incl all past months' errors, but yet this month statement reflected the same problem and no adjustments from previous months' errors [sweatdrop]

Called up again n promised to rectify... So heads up for those on this card n don't assume everything is calculated correctly [bounce2]

Edited by Beachboys
↡ Advertisement

Yap, i remembered buy a piece of bread at Esso and paid with the petrol using my esso card.

It gave a different code from the rest of the petrol transactions.

I calculated and I think I didn't get dividend for that particular transaction.

I sometimes go to caltex now. They gives 12% discount upfront. So, not much room for errors.

is hotel dining included in the rebate

there was a exclusion for those Hotel Wedding banquet dining on Citibank's website.. can dbl-check there

there was a exclusion for those Hotel Wedding banquet dining on Citibank's website.. can dbl-check there

mine was not a banquet. I check my receipt and it was stated as Marriott Hotel Wan Hao, no restaurant stated behind the receipt and when my statement came, there's no rebate.

WAh TS really calculate it so exact??? I don't even know or follow how much i be getting as long as i have straight up discount...

(edited)

initially i oso neber bother, dunno y mabbe that night bo liao saw my credit card statement so just started calculating..

i didn't did precise to the cents calculations, but more like my petrol total add up (haven't include other spending) is already $200 so rebate must be at least $10 (5%).. but total award Dividend$ lesser than $10~

Dividend work by rebate, not upfront discount mah~

Edited by Beachboys

mine was not a banquet. I check my receipt and it was stated as Marriott Hotel Wan Hao, no restaurant stated behind the receipt and when my statement came, there's no rebate.

there u go: "2% cash back on dining excludes food & beverage spend within hotels and wedding banquets held in hotels."

initially i oso neber bother, dunno y mabbe that night bo liao saw my credit card statement so just started calculating..

i didn't did precise to the cents calculations, but more like my petrol total add up (haven't include other spending) is already $200 so rebate is 5% = $10.. but total award Dividend$ lesser than $10~

Dividend work by rebate, not upfront discount mah~

Just to clarify, do you use your card to purchase petrol only, or you sometime buy something from the petrol kiosk and pay together with petrol pumped using the citibank dividend card?

Cos my understanding is the petrol rebate is only for petrol purchase, despite your statement showing a single transaction. Other purchase like parking coupon, drinks, etc will not get the same rebate as petrol.

Neutral Newbie

TS, I'm impressed by your caution. You can spot macro problem huh... lol. I never bother about my dividen card rebate. Got send me cheque can liao. haaa

there u go: "2% cash back on dining excludes food & beverage spend within hotels and wedding banquets held in hotels."

the amount might be too much for them to pay us back lol

(edited)

Just to clarify, do you use your card to purchase petrol only, or you sometime buy something from the petrol kiosk and pay together with petrol pumped using the citibank dividend card?

Cos my understanding is the petrol rebate is only for petrol purchase, despite your statement showing a single transaction. Other purchase like parking coupon, drinks, etc will not get the same rebate as petrol.

most of the time is just pure petrol purchase..

anyway Citibank has acknowledge the problem (twice) n keep blaming it on the merchant charge codes (which should have been rectified after I reported it last month)~

will monitor Feb's statement

Edited by Beachboys

Hey, you are right.

I checked my lastest statement and found the dividend dollars grossly wrong! It was wrong not by a few cents but by a few dollars!

I checked my previous statement and it was wrong too. Everything was wrong since they introduced the new statement.

I'm going to call them now.

good that you found out too !!

but to the majority of Citibank's customers out there, they really lugi... couple of $ each month x no of dividend card holders who pump petrol = lots of $$$