McDelivery riders are pests

Ahtong

I have no time to list out all the stunts I have seen these people do but last night I witnessed a near collision when this McDelivery rider chose to kamikaze on with horns blaring instead of slowing down when a taxi entered the road some 100m ahead of the bike. In the end, the rider had to swerve into the opposite lane to avoid a self inflicted collision.

McDonald's should make their hired pests wear a big luminous number and a hotline for the public to complain. Agree?

↡ Advertisement

I have no time to list out all the stunts I have seen these people do but last night I witnessed a near collision when this McDelivery rider chose to kamikaze on with horns blaring instead of slowing down when a taxi entered the road some 100m ahead of the bike. In the end, the rider had to swerve into the opposite lane to avoid a self inflicted collision.

McDonald's should make their hired pests wear a big luminous number and a hotline for the public to complain. Agree?

i agree, i see most of them always riding dangerously without regards to other road users..

they have a hotline for you to call...i thought of calling as well at times...but then i cannot decide between breaking their rice bowl or letting them break their own life... [shakehead][shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

The KFC rider that zipped past my yesterday was worse - he was riding at high speed with just one hand on the steering bar while in his other hand was a lit cigarette, and you wouldn't believe how thin his tyres were on his little RX.

mostly are young punks working to pay for their bikes. I used to be pizza hut delivery boy riding the pizza hut 125cc bike when i got my class2B years ago in 1992 [;)]

I am old [:(]

Edited by Sunlight

Hotline is the minor problem because it can probably be found online. Problem is I cannot catch the number plate as it was nightime and the guy was zipping so fast. That's why I say they should wear a big luminous number.

These delivery guys are mostly youngsters who have just passed TP. They like working at Mac because it covers the costs of running their bikes and gives them plenty of chances to ride. So in a way it's good if they lose their jobs because that's one menace off the roads.

its not only the riders from macs, but also those from pizza hut, kfc and lately, canadian pizza

I have a worse encounter, I was reverise into a parking lots in AMK Ave 10.

then a KFC rider come riding fast, he ride behind my car and off.

lucky i was able to stop in time.

[furious]

ya they are really very reckless on the roads. Personally met a few so called stunt bikers...thk they are trying to give IC early...and usually they are youngsters... :angry:

Even saw 1 macD guy drop his whole bag on the floor while negotiating a road hump near my place at high speed...then he just drag the bag along for another 10metres or so....i wonder what happened to the food inside... :blink::wacko:

If I am not wrong, these bikers are free-lanced for the fast food operators. The $3 delivery charge are their transport allowance on top of some basic salary for the total trips made for the day. So mostly the bo chup and anyhow whack la... [:/]

They are god damn reckless and only a matter of time they met with an accident. [knife]

I always give way to them when they are around. Damn sway if get involve with them in an accident. [shakehead]

One thing i can't understand is why the management continues to allow them to 'hog a table' and create an unsightly scene - they're usually smoking and talking loudly, almost like a gang meeting. It's quite uncomfortable to be sitting next to them. If management treats them as staff, and doesn't want to scare customers away, they should at least provide them with a proper resting/pantry area.

Edited by Sigstore

Agree (that it's too far to label them as pest). I see a lot more shitty car drivers on the roads than McD riders trying to eke out a simple living. (Besides, I've only received the best treatment from ALL the fast food delivery people delivering to my doorstep.)

Edited by Intervuurt

AGREE! These pests are dangerous to both pedestrians and drivers.

They like to chiong through pedestrian crossings the moment the light turns green.

I ever saw one do a wheelie on the road. MAD!!

↡ Advertisement