McDelivery riders are pests

Ahtong

$5/hour working between 0800-2259hrs

$5.20/hour working between 2300-0759hrs

$0.50 per order (aka docket) between 0800-2259 Weekdays

$1.00 per order (aka docket) between 2300-0759 Weekdays, 0800-2359 Saturdays and Sundays

$1.50 per order (aka docket) between 2300-0759 Saturdays and Sundays

Been there done that for 6-7 months. Not worth risking my life and license.

Ever once delivered to a house drenching wet and family head is asking for a 5-cent change. Gotta dig thru my waist pouch.

Edited by Arikevin
↡ Advertisement

my coke always come spilled.. called to feedback and guess what, next delivery came with double lid on the cup.. and still spilled.

I was suaning the previous poster because he said we should give the riders a break because they are just doing a job. My question is at what point does "doing a job" remain a valid excuse?

Obviously from your reply, "doing a job" is no excuse for ah long or drug trafficking. So is breaking the traffic rules excusable under "doing a job"?

I have no time to list out all the stunts I have seen these people do but last night I witnessed a near collision when this McDelivery rider chose to kamikaze on with horns blaring instead of slowing down when a taxi entered the road some 100m ahead of the bike. In the end, the rider had to swerve into the opposite lane to avoid a self inflicted collision.

McDonald's should make their hired pests wear a big luminous number and a hotline for the public to complain. Agree?

yeah, quite dangerous, sometimes really feel like horning them.

actually mc delivery also got car.. few years ago i got use my van to send mac food.. haha.. quite fun..but i actually lazy to go do delivery.. always ask the riders to go instead.. i prefer to sit there relaz.. still got some $$.. [;)] not sure whether now still got car delivery.

pity those riders as the pay is really low and come to think of it , not worth the risk..

i do have my fair shares wif these "stuntman"....

they really ride dangerously, so i complained 10 times and they respond n i see lessor "stuntman" on the road

aftertat i have my fair shares wif those turtle rider where i have to wait 1 hr for my mcspicy to arrive...

tat really pissed my off as a hungry man is an angry man.... so should i complain again?

I was suaning the previous poster because he said we should give the riders a break because they are just doing a job. My question is at what point does "doing a job" remain a valid excuse?

Obviously from your reply, "doing a job" is no excuse for ah long or drug trafficking. So is breaking the traffic rules excusable under "doing a job"?

I get your point but did they chiong red light? Did they change lane without signalling? Or speeding above the speed limit?

Did they ride dangerously? They caused an accident?

If they did, by all means, report them.

My posting is to cut them some slack, why label them as pests as a majority?

I experience worst! Was walking out of my lift lobby at the void deck and a Mc bike turn out of the corner and nearly knock onto me. Also no apology and went ahead and park his bike at the lobby and go up the lift. I fed up went over and take his helmet and throw inside the rubbish chute :angry:

Can report them, I believe there's a number to call to report such dangerous riders.

Also seen quite a few of them riding on sidewalks, making illegal u-turns and even riding against traffic!

Neutral Newbie

Like one of the bros mentioned ealier, they are paid per trips so they are always in the rush to earn more $$.

I understand the same applies to the construction/delivery trucks. Hence, when time directly = $$, there is a high chance that this person will drive recklessly to achieve this. [sweatdrop]

There are plenty of road users who are earning their keeps by racing against time, taxis, prime movers, delivery trucks, etc. Coupling with people who are rushing for appointments and for work, given the point being valid, I reckon everyone should cut everyone some slack on the road then,rite? Just thinking out loud.

Just saw this on way back from work yesterday, whilst waiting at a traffic light...

291220091349.jpg

I did not know they allowed Malaysian bikes to be used as delivery vehicles in Singapore??!!!

Edited by Parkingidiot

Just saw this on way back from work yesterday, whilst waiting at a traffic light...

I did not know they allowed Malaysian bikes to be used as delivery vehicles in Singapore??!!!

Alamak, this one i concern.

I HOPE MCDONALD HAS INSURANCE COVERAGE TO PAY OUT ACCIDENTS CAUSED BY MSIA BIKER DELIVERIES IN SINGAPORE.

I just called Mcdonald to voice concern on this issue. Hope they can address this asap.

I had 2 x accidents with MSIA cars before and my 2 x excess (500+500 + GST) cannot claim back, my NCD ding dong ding dong for next year liao.

i'm sure there is some traffic laws that prohibit use of foreign vehicles for commercial purposes in Singapore... except for MY tour buses, which have special leeway.

Anyone can confirm?

Of course...

If not, you will see Msian taxi plying their trade here also.....

↡ Advertisement