Can advise if i should convert my car to Weekend Car?

Rolanto

season parking is expensive in the cbd area. unless TS is earning 5k per mth, i think better convert

No point.

Earning $5k per mth, better keep your car out of raffles place for own good.

Imagine, ERP and parking alone $500 a month or 10% of salary......thats silly.

Add petrol and others, i think there's no need to explain further.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys,

thanks for all the replies. as i live in the west.. i also dun wanna wake up damm early to siam the ERP from Alexandra and City.

Last time i park at central square. 200+++ for 3 mths, still ok.. but now working at raffles place. the parking rate is damm high..

if converting to OPC seems bo hua.. shld i consider sell off my car???

Yes, make mistake, cut loss. It's the cleanest way out.

Sell your car. [nod]

firstly ask yourself this question: why you buy the car for? work needs u to buy a car?

Or you bought it out of comfort?

If your work needs u to have a car, then dun convert. Just use.

If you bought for comfort, discuss with family members see who needs the car more... i'm sure family members can help. If no one helps, then sell away.... since keeping the car is not going to make u any comfortable as compared to selling it.

If u need car on weekends, i'd recommend u to rent. Its cheaper that way.

No point.

Earning $5k per mth, better keep your car out of raffles place for own good.

Imagine, ERP and parking alone $500 a month or 10% of salary......thats silly.

Add petrol and others, i think there's no need to explain further.

but still got many below 5k but buy car park car at CBD [confused] [confused]

Neutral Newbie

i say convert to opc. selling your car will result in more loss

anyway to calculate how much i can save from converting to OPC??

Neutral Newbie

but still got many below 5k but buy car park car at CBD [confused] [confused]

haha... maybe company got subsidise.. anyway, i feel driving n parking in CBD everyday is crazy.. too ex

even make 5k, i also wont wish to waste it this way

As your ride is relatively new, selling now will incur heavy loss as 1st three years has high depreciation and not forgetting yours is PI car which make it worse. Therefore I would recommend you convert it to OPC especially it's going to be more flexible come next year. If in future no longer working in town can always revert back to normal plate....

Neutral Newbie

As your ride is relatively new, selling now will incur heavy loss as 1st three years has high depreciation and not forgetting yours is PI car which make it worse. Therefore I would recommend you convert it to OPC especially it's going to be more flexible come next year. If in future no longer working in town can always revert back to normal plate....

ok. thanks. where can i find out more info about converting to OPC?

onemotoring ?

Neutral Newbie

I'm having the same problem with you.

Now working in Raffles Place, thinking whether to convert my Jazz to OPC.

Either you convert to OPC or alternatively you can go for Car Pool if you wanna drive to work and get some $ to cover your car park, ERP, petrol, etc.

can ask a question ? how is it that for opc car the rebate is $17k, but if convert, the rebate is $1.1k per half a year, which works out to be a total of $22k ? why the discrepancy ?

can ask a question ? how is it that for opc car the rebate is $17k, but if convert, the rebate is $1.1k per half a year, which works out to be a total of $22k ? why the discrepancy ?

you're not reading the thread properly.. it's UP TO 1.1K per month, not guaranteed 1.1K per month. so the rebate you get varies according to the car you drive, i presume it's calculated with engine CC as the variable.

i say convert to opc. selling your car will result in more loss

How can anyone say selling car will result in more loss? Bengali account.

But I won't recommend selling the car because backside will easily get itchy after sometime, and buying a new one will result in more loss.

I calculated before. Worth it if u need to tear OPC coupon < 3 times a week. breakeven is around 2.25 OPC coupons per week if i remember correctly.

Cos 1.7K per year rebate + the $500 rebate for road tax = 2.2k per year = around 110 OPC coupons per year.

Cos when he got normal plate he had to pay additional 5k which will be rebated when he scrape at the end of ten years.

OPC cars no extra 5k rebate. thus the extra 5k..

↡ Advertisement