Can advise if i should convert my car to Weekend Car?

Rolanto

Neutral Newbie

Im driving a Honda Fit 2008 now. Bought last year May.

Due to my change of job, im now working at raffles place which has insane carpark rate, therefore i'm taking train to work daily and seldom drives.

If i were to change my car to weekend car, how will the rebate will be like? (what happen to the additional 17k)??

Need some advise pls

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

from my point of view , keep it as it is if the $1100 is for every 6 month .

At least you can still drive it anytime you need to use it.

If I'm not wrong , you can't convert back to norm plate after you have done with the conversion.... correct me if I'm wrong.

from my point of view , keep it as it is if the $1100 is for every 6 month .

At least you can still drive it anytime you need to use it.

If I'm not wrong , you can't convert back to norm plate after you have done with the conversion.... correct me if I'm wrong.

Can convert back and forth regardless number of times, as long as u pay admin fee $100 each time and go through the hassle of changing coloured number plate.

Im driving a Honda Fit 2008 now. Bought last year May.

Due to my change of job, im now working at raffles place which has insane carpark rate, therefore i'm taking train to work daily and seldom drives.

If i were to change my car to weekend car, how will the rebate will be like? (what happen to the additional 17k)??

Need some advise pls

Thanks

can consider "park and ride"?

a few of my friends doing that.... but of course must be convenient for you

Neutral Newbie

Hehe.. Its funny pple with normal plate wanted to change opc, and theres some

opc wanted to change to normal plate.

weekend car very troublesome leh..

my friend converted then within 1 week, convert back. -_-

can also consider season parking if you're ok with it.

but heard from friend very hard to get also.

have to wait for someone to give up their lot then the next person take over or something like that.

even when he get his lot he still have to walk for like 15mins to reach his building. [rolleyes]

there are season parking for less than 200 per mth..and if u r working near the shenton way side, u can park at the open air at prince edward exit there. you will not even kena the ERP parking there.

there are season parking for less than 200 per mth..and if u r working near the shenton way side, u can park at the open air at prince edward exit there. you will not even kena the ERP parking there.

this carpark on long waiting list, expect to wait few years just for the season parking

Hehe.. Its funny pple with normal plate wanted to change opc, and theres some

opc wanted to change to normal plate.

Funny meh? People needs do change, same with their lifestyle.

Bottom line to me is if you did not buy the car in OPC with 17k rebate initially its not really worth changing to normal plate or back to OPC again later unless you are really short of funds and want to save the extra bucks on road tax (not worth for low cc must be at least 1600cc cars to fully utilize rebate)

this carpark on long waiting list, expect to wait few years just for the season parking

heard its at least $300 per mth for the season parking there. unless drawing high pay, if not, then really bo hua

heard its at least $300 per mth for the season parking there. unless drawing high pay, if not, then really bo hua

Precisely.... I would recommend to change to OPC. The jam is bad at CTE, the season parking is expensive. the ERP does not make it any better.

I will buy an OPC too.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

thanks for all the replies. as i live in the west.. i also dun wanna wake up damm early to siam the ERP from Alexandra and City.

Last time i park at central square. 200+++ for 3 mths, still ok.. but now working at raffles place. the parking rate is damm high..

if converting to OPC seems bo hua.. shld i consider sell off my car???

nope, URA carpark only $180

↡ Advertisement