Malaysia traffic fines need to pay?

Teckheng

(edited)

call dealer/seller to see if they will settle. but chances are, they will act blur.

next best thing is to print out the transfer/ownership date to prove to polis that it's committed not by you but previous owner....and hope for the best.

when the house owner who owes ah long money moves, the new owner will also kena splash paint. Ah long wont care...

i think those boleh TP wont care also.

If im a malaysian, i will advise my son to become a TP. Makes more money than anyone else.

Edited by Chrispie
↡ Advertisement

More ops to recover back outstanding traffic summons from foreign drivers.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v7/ge/newsgeneral.php?id=1092496

Singaporeans Topped The List Of Foreigners Defaulting On Malaysian Traffic Summonses

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 10 (Bernama) -- Singaporeans have topped the list of foreigners who failed to settle Malaysian traffic summonses for 14 years, beginning 2000.

During the period from 2000 to last year, some 838,510 summonses were issued to foreigners comprising Singaporeans, Bruneians, Thais and Indonesians, among others.

Bukit Aman traffic police chief SAC Mohd Fuad Abd Latiff said the outstanding number of traffic summonses for Singaporean drivers stood at 313,661 or 37.4 per cent, followed by Brunei (48,179), Thailand (17,654), Indonesia (2,614) and others (456,402).

He said his department was in the midst of discussion with the immigration department to carry out joint operations and conduct road blocks at entry points to trace offenders who failed to pay their fines.

"The police request foreign drivers, irrespective whether they are from Singapore, Brunei or Thailand, who wish to re-enter Malaysia to settle their summonses before further action. Please respect our laws.

"Foreign drivers can also pay their fines through www.myeg.com.my and www.rilek.com.my using their credit cards," he said when met by reporters here Wednesday.

In another development, Mohd Fuad said between 2011 and last month, some 42,864 summonses were issued for lane-cutting offences or misusing the emergency lanes, while 2,529 road users were fined nationwide for jumping queues and crossing double lines.

Mohd Fuad also handed out certificates of commendation to two of his officers, Lance Corporal Mohd Syazwan Zulkapli and Lance Corporal Mohd Farid Amran who were prime examples in efforts to curb bribes.

"Both of them caught a driver who tried to bribe them with RM800, a few months ago and the driver was charged in a Taiping court on Dec 2," he said, adding it was in line with police commitment and efforts to combat bribery through the 'Say No To Bribes' campaign which was launched on July 24.

On complaints regarding integrity, Mohd Fuad said the public could contact the iSPAAA toll-free line at 1800-880-222 or visit the nearest police station.

-- BERNAMA

I came out last sunday via 2nd link, and saw road blocks in the opposite direction (going into Msia).

More ops to recover back outstanding traffic summons from foreign drivers.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v7/ge/newsgeneral.php?id=1092496

I came out last sunday via 2nd link, and saw road blocks in the opposite direction (going into Msia).

They are talking just for the sake of talking .... [grin]

My relatives in MY said majority of them don't pay fine until keeping a stack of accumulated summons (around 20 copies). Then they will bring down to the summon office to pay only the first few copies and the rest, 'die of natural death' aka waive with 'you know what'.... [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

They are talking just for the sake of talking .... [grin]

My relatives in MY said majority of them don't pay fine until keeping a stack of accumulated summons (around 20 copies). Then they will bring down to the summon office to pay only the first few copies and the rest, 'die of natural death' aka waive with 'you know what'.... [lipsrsealed]

Last year, i check my car got 2 summons.. This morning i check again, 1 of it has disappeared. Left the later one.. RM150, less than SGD70 at the current exchange rate.

https://my.news.yahoo.com/enforcers-nab-foreign-traffic-offenders-000726883.html

Enforcers out to nab foreign traffic offenders

KUALA LUMPUR: Op Kesan, the joint operation between police and the Immigration Department, has been intensified to detect foreign traffic offenders who had collected almost one million summonses in 13 years.

Federal traffic police chief Datuk Mohd Fuad Abdul Latiff said the operation, launched last month, would discipline foreign drivers to abide by the country’s laws.

“These errant foreign drivers will be stopped at every entry-exit point of the country.

“They have to settle the fines before they are allowed to enter or leave Malaysia.

“The millions in unpaid summonses only show their disrespect for the country’s laws,” he said yesterday.

Between 2000 and last year, a total of 838,510 summonses were issued to foreign drivers, with Singaporeans topping the list with 313,661 summonses or 37.4 per cent followed by Bruneians (48,179), Thais (17,654), Indonesians (2,614) and the remaining by others.

“They better settle their summonses or they will have to face
the brunt of the law. They can
check their summonses at www.myeg.com.my
and www.rilek.com.my

“Payment can be made via credit cards,” said Fuad.

Earlier, Fuad presented certificates of merit to Lance Corporal Mohd Syazwan Zulkapli and Lance
Corporal Mohd Farid Amran for arresting a driver who tried to bribe them with RM800 several months ago.

The driver was produced in Taiping Court on Dec 2.

• Praise 1

TS I am going in next week.

If you got outstanding fines can just pass me the money

and I will help you pay.

Can pass me in S$ also no problem,

I will change to RM for you.

Better than car kenna impounded and

thrown in jail and have to do naked squats.

:D

• Praise 3

TS I am going in next week.

If you got outstanding fines can just pass me the money

and I will help you pay.

Can pass me in S$ also no problem,

I will change to RM for you.

Better than car kenna impounded and

thrown in jail and have to do naked squats.

:D

TS only goes Boleh Land on the date of "Fri13th." [laugh]

Just checked on myeg : one of my cars was captured on camera, super vividly clear!

Luckily, only once.......goin to pay Rm150 before the MY side really implement.

• Praise 1

Lol i just checked. 13 Tickets since 2012 lol. But i dont go in often also so i cannot see the problem yet

I think as long as not speeding ticket should be find, out of these 13 only 2 is speeding, the rest all parking :( Kns no matter where i park i will kena.

Guys, if u all wanna check ur summons in malaysia, can use this website.

www.myeg.com.my

maybe need to register but its a foc service.

Guys, if u all wanna check ur summons in malaysia, can use this website.

www.myeg.com.my

maybe need to register but its a foc service.

Need to Register. But no need give genuine details. I am Superman and staying in Batman's Cave. [grin]

I think as long as not speeding ticket should be find, out of these 13 only 2 is speeding, the rest all parking :( Kns no matter where i park i will kena.

Edited by AR159

Come to think of it, it'll be a huge logistical nightmare for them to match the number plate of thousands of cars at the checkpoint.

Unless they already got number plate recognition system, which i don't think they have since the news article says that funds have just been aprroved to buy the system

• Praise 1

It'll be a "manual" exercise, checking off a list attached to a clipboard. Be prepared for long line of cars at these checkpoints, esp when the polis close the road to a single lane.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1