Banks avg daily balance - how to calculate?

Babyt

I am still confused since the day the banks implemented this scheme. if balance is less than $500, there will be a charge of $2.

How do banks define avg daily balance? using nov 2009 as example, is it (30 days of flutuating daily balance / 30 days) = avg daily balance?

Can give some example?

↡ Advertisement

yes if yr account less than 500 they deduct 2 dollars

I suppose if your account on one day drops below $500, but on another day, it goes beyond $500, they will not deduct, will they?

I holding a UOB savings account. Last month, the balance dips below $500. But once salary is credited into it on another day of this same month, they didn't deduct.

wondering how they calculate?

500$ per day * number of days (30) = $15,000.

If your total daily balance in a month is more than 15k, then you will not be charged the service charge. Ithunk doesn't know what he is talking about.

summation of day 1 balance to day 30 balance / 30 days

if amount lesser than 500 then will deduct

if i am not wrong...

Edited by Ah_cow

I think they have a formula to work the balance. I ever receive bank statement and there are some formula worked out, not so straightforward.

Edited by Acevin

the reason i m asking is because my posb account is there with less than 1k money. it is there in case i cant find UOB atm to withdraw and also gov will pay watever they give me like bonus to my posb account.