any advantage apart from the slight fuel saving

thanks

↡ Advertisement

would appreciate personal and expert opinion on

whether should one buy a hybrid or convention car

any advantage apart from the slight fuel saving

thanks

In singapore no.

The car is too ex. So the cost save is minimun. Except for maybe taxi driver.

thanks

it seems hybrid is a no no

it goes against the green program the government is promoting

Sorry hor, gov has never seriously support green-vehicles.

Those u see and read on media are just lips service and wayang only.

Why? Any fuel-saving private cars will have negative impact of gov incoming from tax on petrol.

That is why we have 3/4 tank rules and cartel like petrol price control.

If I am making good $$$ from this revenue, why should I shoot myself in the foot?

Acting Green is cheaper than trying to be one.

Some diesel cars are greener then petrol cars and yet Road Tax for diesels 6 times higher.

Talk about being green.

But some1 said the concern is DPM that has long term health effect.

Some diesel cars are greener then petrol cars and yet Road Tax for diesels 6 times higher.

Talk about being green.

Clean Diesel are cleaner but not health friendly as the particle they emits may be suck into the lungs thus health problem . If u do not know , some particles like fibre-glass cottom cannot be remove from lungs and are cancerous .

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm driving Honda Insight Hybrid Black. It is always a head turner wherever I parked, guessed because of the more sporty look as compare to other hybrids. Fuel consumption ranging from 20 - 21Km/L, driving pattern highway + CBD. Did a simple calculation, the pertrol saving could be as high as S$1,800/Yr. (compare to a mazda 3 or corolla, of 10-12km/l, take 20,000km/year, petrol price of S$1.8/L). Also happy with the saving on the road tax. The Engine performance is good, speed pick up is faster than the heavy conti cars. Engine start is super quiet, the ECO mode display monitors your driving pattern...etc, lots of fun to explore the car.

I'm letting go the car as my family is expanding, also this is a second car in the family, decided to cut some budget. Whoever is interested pls refer to the link below for my adv.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...245&DL=1000

PS: the car comes with 10 years of battery warranty

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm driving Honda Insight Hybrid Black. It is always a head turner wherever I parked, guessed because of the more sporty look as compare to other hybrids. Fuel consumption ranging from 20 - 21Km/L, driving pattern highway + CBD. Did a simple calculation, the pertrol saving could be as high as S$1,800/Yr. (compare to a mazda 3 or corolla, of 10-12km/l, take 20,000km/year, petrol price of S$1.8/L). Also happy with the saving on the road tax. The Engine performance is good, speed pick up is faster than the heavy conti cars. Engine start is super quiet, the ECO mode display monitors your driving pattern...etc, lots of fun to explore the car.

I'm letting go the car as my family is expanding, also this is a second car in the family, decided to cut some budget. Whoever is interested pls refer to the link below for my adv.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...245&DL=1000

PS: the car comes with 10 years of battery warranty

This ??? ----->>> http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...245&DL=1000

I will say get a hybrid. Although you don't really save a lot if you drive alot on highways or u hardly drive, your car will probably be one of the best looking ones on the road! i personally think that the prius, insight and crz all look so awesome!

want to be green then allow low road tax for diesel passenger cars (go check out the road tax for VW blue motion) or pump money into hydrogen fuel cell research, hybrids are useless crap like 3D TV. they are there cause manufacturers run out of marketing ideas

Neutral Newbie

Its actually more environmentally friendly to drive your old 1989 cars, for as long as possible, or even till EOL...

That's if you want to be nitpicky.

Understand there is an electric car charging device about U$200. How does this charge and how long it takes to charge? What are the car model available now and next 6 months in Singapore? What are the tax, COE and other cost benefits from government? Will electric car repair or maintainence cost very high and only to be repaired by authorized agent?

↡ Advertisement