Suntec Carpark Exit Gate Malfuntion

Tireburner

Hi Guys, I was in above situation last night. Entered Suntec 6pm for a movie and was on the way out at 9.30pm.

Was behind a car at the exit gate and saw on the electronic board that his deduction was made. But the gate didn't come down after it left.

As I proceeded to the IU scanner, no deduction was made and gate remained up. So I inserted my cashcard into the card reader on the right.

Also nothing happened. Press the intercom button and message "Pls wait, help is on the way". But after 1min, no one appeared and queue started forming behind me.

So I proceeded to pass the gate and no deduction was made. As I left the gate, I saw it coming down.

Question: Have i committed an offence? Would Suntec deduct my IU the next time I'm there?

Appreciate advice. Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

The parking charges were only $2.14, which I had no intention to cheat.

Just that their system didn't work perfectly as I didn't want to hold up traffic.

Am praying that I don't get a call from SPF.

Don't worry, you didn't tailgate the outgoing car to leave the carpark. The video will show that you had waited.

Go to sleep with your conscience clear that you did not try to cheat.

My company has an office in Suntec and i go there once a while. I have seen this happening no less than 5 times this year, with me being the lucky car twice. My colleague in front of me was the lucky one once. The rest were strangers in front of me. The parking charge was $20+ each time as i parked whole day. And we are still fine, no letter no police no nothing coming to me or my colleague.

I am speaking from 1st-hand experience. So don't worry.

I think you worry too much TS. If I were in your shoes, I would gladly drive thru' with the arm open. Save on parking...haha.

Police will not be so free to get involve in this kind of case.

singapore is really such a stressful place to be in.

losing sleep over carpark issue...

TS u can relax, i have encountered such situation. i don't even give a damn and if it doesn't deduct after a few seconds and the barrier is up, i will gladly drive thru. this is their carpark system malfunctioning, not even your problem at all. it will never be considered cheating.

omg TS! u're such a nice guy!

dont worry lah bro, carpark involve spf for what? haha. i ever kena also, i think $4+ worth of parking they blanja. The barrier was up all the way! so all cars go out lor.

sleep well hor..

That's what happens when 2 cars are too close to one another when exiting such gate.

You intentions might not be to cheat but others can't read your mind. Dun rush yourself next time, to avoid unnecessary hassle.

I don't see why would police be involved.

Its a private contract for use of parking space with the management of Suntec. :blink:

I agree completely. No offence has been committed. Take it easy.

TS, I know why you feel uneasy cos there is a sign that says 'offenders will be turn over to the police'

dun worry, in this case your conscience is clear and thus, even the cameras will vouich for it. Just move on lah...more things in life to worry about

After hearing the real life experience of some of the forumers here, I can heave a sigh of relief.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement.

no worries....can see you are an honest fella [thumbsup]

Have a good day