Credit cards - benefits

City100a

Supercharged
(edited)

Miles for sure ... have been travelling with wife and daughter since 2 years ago , been to BKK / Japan / Italy / Perth / Bali / London / HKG and did not have to pay a single cent on air tix except paying for the airport taxes ...  

CB i believe most banks got monthly or quarterly cap right ? I ever kena from Citi long ago ... 800 dollars max per quarter ... scam ... 

Edited by Hubwee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 4/19/2024 at 4:29 PM, Hubwee said:

Miles for sure ... have been travelling with wife and daughter since 2 years ago , been to BKK / Japan / Italy / Perth / Bali / London / HKG and did not have to pay a single cent on air tix except paying for the airport taxes ...  

CB i believe most banks got monthly or quarterly cap right ? I ever kena from Citi long ago ... 800 dollars max per quarter ... scam ... 

Yup. That's what my friends say. But I can't seem to see how that is possible unless you spend like 10k per month in cc. Citi rewards capped at 1k per month so thats around 48k per year. Hardly enough to buy a single ticket to bkk.

Turbocharged
On 4/19/2024 at 3:36 PM, Lala81 said:

Cashback for me. But even then I'm getting lazier, i just have the SC Simply cash card. Ask me change card to get better cashback, i also lazy. 

I will never travel enough to redeem any significant miles etc. But some of my friends will maximise their miles etc like even paying for income tax. I think cashback like me are a minority. They either claim miles or don't really care lol.

Seems that majority here using cb. Now using dcs 2% unlimited. Live fresh used to be good but now like shiet.

On 4/19/2024 at 3:05 PM, Vratenza said:

I prefer cashback. 

My rationale: cash you can use for everything you want including plane tickets. 

Miles, you are stuck to one airline and can only be used for flights. You are at mercy of any change in terms and condition as to what your accumulated miles are worth and is resticted in when/which flight you are going for.

Life already complicated enough... Why give yourself more things to do? 

The idea is miles should be of higher dollar value than cb. Anyway looking at this coz planning a trip to US of the A next year. So looking around see if miles can minimized the damage to wallet. 

Hypersonic
(edited)

I use Maybank family and friends card

10 years Liao 

Edited by Mustank

Hypersonic
(edited)

Also preferred miles. 

Most of my family travel recently using miles. Including recent Shanghai trip with wife. 

Already redeem wife and me year end Australia trip, also redeem for last year daughter NYC to Singapore, my daughter year end traveling to Taiwan from Australia. 

All on SQ.

Some UOB CC, for hotel booking, every SGD1 will get 6 miles. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

Supercharged
On 4/19/2024 at 4:58 PM, Stratovarius said:

Yup. That's what my friends say. But I can't seem to see how that is possible unless you spend like 10k per month in cc. Citi rewards capped at 1k per month so thats around 48k per year. Hardly enough to buy a single ticket to bkk.

Its possible one la ... I had like 3.8 mio krisflyer miles during covid and even after redeeming 3-4 business tix for all my trips , now balance still have about 1 m miles lo .. 

i always redeem very early and most of the time can get it on savers somemore ...   

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 4/19/2024 at 3:56 PM, Mkl22 said:

Spoken like a true Ngeow chee……😂

But exactly as you said, Don’t like all the promise of being able to clock many miles but so restricted when it comes to using. So only cash back for me too. 

🤣

In the spirit of MCF, I go full cash with paynow if no alternative like shopback/fave..

Petrol just use UOB One card for shell 😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 4/19/2024 at 6:09 PM, Jamesc said:

It seems most men here prefer CB.

:D

including lesbian trapped in man's body.....😁

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 4/19/2024 at 6:12 PM, Vratenza said:

including lesbian trapped in man's body.....😁

thumbs-up-nice.gif.ec4234b55873fcb53d23f18adeb7a1b3.gif

Supersonic
On 4/19/2024 at 5:04 PM, Stratovarius said:

Seems that majority here using cb. Now using dcs 2% unlimited. Live fresh used to be good but now like shiet.

The idea is miles should be of higher dollar value than cb. Anyway looking at this coz planning a trip to US of the A next year. So looking around see if miles can minimized the damage to wallet. 

I think it is also each person's personality as well as your spending habits lah ... no right no wrong.

For me, I am quite conservative in my spending (aka ngeow cheeh 😆 dio boh @Mkl22?), my monthly giro for income tax payment is more than my monthly total credit card expenditure....so to clock those miles and to keep track to make sure they are redeemed without expiring over years of accumulation does not make sense.

My job also do not involve travelling for business, so cannot accumulate miles from there as well.

In order to take advantage of the higher dollar value of miles, I do not think it makes financial sense to deliberately spend more than your usual lifestyle just to accumulate those miles.

Just my 2 ngeow cheeh cts.😁

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 4/19/2024 at 6:26 PM, Vratenza said:

I think it is also each person's personality as well as your spending habits lah ... no right no wrong.

For me, I am quite conservative in my spending (aka ngeow cheeh 😆 dio boh @Mkl22?), my monthly giro for income tax payment is more than my monthly total credit card expenditure....so to clock those miles and to keep track to make sure they are redeemed without expiring over years of accumulation does not make sense.

My job also do not involve travelling for business, so cannot accumulate miles from there as well.

In order to take advantage of the higher dollar value of miles, I do not think it makes financial sense to deliberately spend more than your usual lifestyle just to accumulate those miles.

Just my 2 ngeow cheeh cts.😁

Some cc use points that converts to miles so there is no expiry. I used to accumulate miles from biz trips but current job requires less travel. 

I'm not thinking of spending more for miles. It's just stupid and senseless. I'm thinking if I can get $50 cb every month and if the same amount spent that can claim miles which is higher than 50 bucks in terms of dollar value, it will make sense to change.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

redeem Krisflyer miles need to redeem early for savers to be more worth it , Advantage is almost 2 times more miles required ...

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 4/19/2024 at 7:11 PM, Hubwee said:

redeem Krisflyer miles need to redeem early for savers to be more worth it , Advantage is almost 2 times more miles required ...

Business class saver is around 2 to 2.5x economy saver. 

Compare to ticket price business class is about 4 to 5x to economy.  Business class redemption is vfm.

Supercharged
On 4/19/2024 at 8:38 PM, Tohto said:

Business class saver is around 2 to 2.5x economy saver. 

Compare to ticket price business class is about 4 to 5x to economy.  Business class redemption is vfm.

Yup , have always redeem business tix on saver as to redeem econ is not worth it to me lo … 

used to redeem first class when with wife only but now with my daughter , not actually possible cos I notice that they only seems to max allow redemption for 2 first class tix and me kiam kanna refused to even pay for 1 tix lo …

↡ Advertisement