Maxis - malaysia IPO

City100a

Neutral Newbie

Anybody here got good advice?

I am subscribing it through a bank.

you can be assured of 80% of subscription if you do it through your "friendly" bank

This share has the support of the PM

Thus far, Maxis has already secured four cornerstone investors that have committed to subscribe about 28% of the Maxis shares on offer, and to hold on to their equities respectively for up to at least six months. These include local fund managers Permodalan Nasional Bhd and Employees Provident Fund and US-based Fidelity Investments.

Of the total shares on offer, only 2.83% will be allocated for retail investors while the remainder 27.17% will be for institutional investors. In its prospectus, Maxis disclosed an aggressive dividend policy that targets a payout ratio of at least 75% of its net profit as dividends.

Edited by City100a
↡ Advertisement

[laugh] I was literally "clobbed' by M'sia....when I finally got to sell my shares, it left only about 10% of its value. [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

malaysia tidak boleh....

anyone remember clob?

yes i also kena clobbed

but this one really bagus

already declared 8% dividend following IPO which will be trading on the 12 or 13/11/2009 just when i returned from Thailand

I have already placed my order

if I kena clobbed again this would be my fault

I am only sharing what I believe and put my money where my mouth is

dont blame me

but bank analysis claim this should make some money

i probably will get out the 1st day and hopefully make some money

as an investor we must NOT be afraid to try again if the fundamentals are ok

Clob was actually our own doing

Malaysian side have been hinting very loudly that they will withdraw clob but then SGX too co cky thinking that Malaysian bursa will not survive without the clob

hence why we kena clobbed left and right and myself centre also kena chia lak

Edited by City100a

Bro, a bit contradictory don't you think? [laugh]

already declared 8% dividend following IPO which will be trading on the 12 or 13/11/2009 just

Well...since you asked for advice. If you want to play active-trader, there are cheaper (less overheads) and more surefire ways to do it. Just open an options trading account with an online broker and trade away. Huge leverage, huge volatility, high risk and return. With that sort of setup, things like "getting out on the first day" actually make sense. But doing this does not make you an "investor" interested in "fundamentals". It just makes you a day or swing trader.

If you do persist with your strategy, think carefully about it. If you're buying the stock to enjoy the dividend, ensure you sell it only after the ex-dividend date. By which time, it is more than likely that the capital loss would have more than offset the dividend gain. People in the market are not entirely stupid, after all. If you thought about it a little further, perhaps it's better to wait till the dust has settled post-IPO and the asset is trading at a fair value determined by market efficiencies. Generally, my best buys have been made post-IPO rather than at IPO.

↡ Advertisement