Car drifts tends to drift to one side, what's the problem

Vinceh

Neutral Newbie

any solutions?

Any other symptoms? Vibration in steering wheel?

Could be a couple of things. Alignment out- but normally that would mean you kerbed the cr or something recently.

Tire pressures not symetrical between left and right. One tyre leaking air?

Tire could have carcass problem. Had a case like this before. Car started to veer to one side. After 3 days,the tyre shredded it's thread!!! Bulging carcass tore off the thread from the tire itself. Not pretty. good thing my spare got air!!

Hope it helps bro.

more info pls?

in motion? when fast or slow?

any noise? rubbing? woop-woop?

any burning rubber smell?

brake pedal pulsating? steering vibrating? any wobbling?

have you hit any curbs?

when was the last time you pumped air?

when was the last time you changed tires?

are your tires still in good condition, evenly worn?

I had this problem too last month, then i realised the tyres are not having the same tyre pressure! perhaps you can try checking out tyres first bro

(edited)

Any other symptoms? Vibration in steering wheel?

Could be a couple of things. Alignment out- but normally that would mean you kerbed the cr or something recently.

Tire pressures not symetrical between left and right. One tyre leaking air?

Tire could have carcass problem. Had a case like this before. Car started to veer to one side. After 3 days,the tyre shredded it's thread!!! Bulging carcass tore off the thread from the tire itself. Not pretty. good thing my spare got air!!

Hope it helps bro.

yah i think i did mount kerb once before. would it affect? anyway to resolve this problem?

car would tend to veer to one side at fast or slow speed.

Edited by Vinceh

I had this problem too last month, then i realised the tyres are not having the same tyre pressure! perhaps you can try checking out tyres first bro

btw, how to know what pressure your tires should be on? can't seem to find any markings on the tires?

do we pump it to the maximum?

yah i think i did mount kerb once before. would it affect? anyway to resolve this problem?

you might want to do an alignment

tyre pressure is dependent on ur tyres. i used to pump up to 36. and it was the best for my setup.

Neutral Newbie

Get the alignment checked and adjusted if necessary.

Neutral Newbie

previously my steering wheel would be yanked to the left on rough surfaces. especially evident in spots where rain collects.

i did wheel alignment, but Saber said the main problem was due to a worn out roller arm or something. can't quite remember the name of that part, but it looks like the triangular-shaped piece in the picture below connecting the brake to the steering.

image018.jpg

immediate improvement after replacing that part and doing alignment, but a few months later, the problem seems to have resurfaced, albeit not as serious as before.

Neutral Newbie

For me, I just bought the car.., and I kinda find it hard to keep the car staright at high speed..

Is this normal, cos Im a new driver.. But seriously, I dun remember having this sort of problem when I was learning to drive

how hard is hard? is ur car slanting one side even when the road is straight? if u feel got problem then better go workshop get it checked

Side drifting or slip at high speed and at normal driving speed need different approach to solve the problem. For high speed side drifting you need to go for complete alignment if your ride is a a 4 wheel independent suspension. If it is a fix axle at the rear you may want to check whether the car chassis rear is out of alignment with the front due to sub-standard repairs carried out after an accident

↡ Advertisement