Facelifted Sylphy 1.5..

Nhrisuzu

bro care to share where u installed the spring stiffeners? They are installed "sandwiched" in-between the spring right? I just kenna undercarriage today with full load going over a hump [bigcry] wondering if the stiffeners can help???

it is sandwiched between the spring..

hmmm.. i would say it can help to reduce bottoming out.. but if u sit full load until cannot full.. like maybe 5 pax behind? that one u pull coilover then got use liao.. [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

My full load today is my parents & 2 nieces + 1 more relative uncle [sweatdrop] i think the rear springs are too soft since i saw the hump not really high type [furious] normally on weekends my rear passengers are my 2 niece & parents.

My full load today is my parents & 2 nieces + 1 more relative uncle [sweatdrop] i think the rear springs are too soft since i saw the hump not really high type [furious] normally on weekends my rear passengers are my 2 niece & parents.

maybe the relative uncle was the limit liao.. total 5pax at back leh.. i think u can try putting the buffer la, no harm though.. it is pretty good if ur rear just sit like 2 adults.. [thumbsup]

if u carry a heavy load like this most of the time, its best to change to stiffer gas shocks rather than stock oil shocks

Neutral Newbie

Heard the stock tyre Yokohama Aspec is noisy and not really have good grip in wet road. Any idea what is the best tyre for Sylphy 1.5 in terms of performance, safety and better grip in wet condition?

Thanks

Heard the stock tyre Yokohama Aspec is noisy and not really have good grip in wet road. Any idea what is the best tyre for Sylphy 1.5 in terms of performance, safety and better grip in wet condition?

Thanks

i using Goodyear LS2000.. not as quiet as claimed (maybe my ears are too sensitive la)..

(edited)

anyway, to people who are monitoring this thread..

last weekend brought the Sylphy up to Genting with 3 pax and 3 luggage.. experience is excellent!!

managed to max out at 170kmh on Primax3.. and mom wasn't even awake at all, can tell that Sylphy is indeed a comfy car..

[thumbsup]

apologies for the blurred pic cos taken with a handphone camera when everyone's asleep in car..

21832_266773124301_571349301_3376160_5838200_n.jpg

Edited by Nhrisuzu

wow... but do drive safely, quite scary to see you take photo with your HP camera means only one hand steering at this speed?

Anyway you drove up Genting? any problem with the power when climbing the hill?

Does the car floats at this speed??

on a straight not floating.. but when coming to a slight maybe 2 degree bend, the car will float liao..

maybe becos high CG ba..

wow... but do drive safely, quite scary to see you take photo with your HP camera means only one hand steering at this speed?

Anyway you drove up Genting? any problem with the power when climbing the hill?

ah.. no.. only time when one hand was when taking out HP.. photo taken with both hands on steering..

up the slope pretty ok la.. doing 40~50kmh with Gear 2..