Somali pirates seize Singaporean ship

Sleepyman

it boils down from the wimpy PC right down to the men. If there are whiners and complainers and ppl just waiting for ORD, they will never take the trainging seriously, and unfortunately, it will make the unit look like clowns.

Look at those units that get the best units awards, there is a overwhelming majority of enlistees who give a crap, that makes the unit shine. Cos they take pride in what they do, and want the unit to succeed as a whole.

It's the same with employment, those who work just to chabot at 6, and get paid every month, while always looking for better pay will never excel. Cos they never took pride in their job, so they have lackluster performance. The ones who do it with passion are those who get the raise, promotion and head hunted to better opportunities.

↡ Advertisement

it boils down from the wimpy PC right down to the men. If there are whiners and complainers and ppl just waiting for ORD, they will never take the trainging seriously, and unfortunately, it will make the unit look like clowns.

Look at those units that get the best units awards, there is a overwhelming majority of enlistees who give a crap, that makes the unit shine. Cos they take pride in what they do, and want the unit to succeed as a whole.

It's the same with employment, those who work just to chabot at 6, and get paid every month, while always looking for better pay will never excel. Cos they never took pride in their job, so they have lackluster performance. The ones who do it with passion are those who get the raise, promotion and head hunted to better opportunities.

agree, but its hard to convice my men otherwise last time haha... pc too slack, men too bo chup... stuck in the middle... best time in the army was in bmt... as least u learn something... unit is really diff...

i had o levels tat time but went on to sispec... first thing oc saw me was o level oso can be spec? knn really lost form as all my peers are a levels... but i had to thank him la... make me fired up... after army went on to poly then to sim...

One of them use butter knife. One of them has a pistol and another one has a grenade. Theses are the weapons that are confirmed. What other things they use I can't remember.

One butter knife, one chicken chop knife and one can of red bull filled with firecracker powder. liqour was poured onto the carpet, and treatened to light red bull can , so that a fire will start in the plane. No blady guns or gerandes lah...

Edited by Pentium

Bystander50 sounds like a complete fool that he probably is.

By his comments he did not know about the various incidents where our RSN ships actually launched sorties that deterred pirate attacks on commercial ships in the Gulf of Aden. Or how quickly we forgot about our SOF freeing the airplane hostages, or when the SAF evacuated Singaporeans at Timor Leste in the midst of unrest with mobs approaching the holding place.

Sad about how some Singaporeans would hide behind PCs to sneer at our defence force when others welcomed our forces when they arrived at the scene of Humanitarian Relief and Disaster Relief Ops (and usually the first to respond too!). Even now, our forces are in Operation Padang to help the people in West Sumatra.

LOL remembered many years back where peace keeping in Timor Leste is a very sad job. The place has a negative sentiment. As for our defense force , only a small part of our force are actually "combat" trained. Just imagine , how many of us can even shoot properly. SAR21? After 4 straight mags the barrel warps , completely useless weapon in a pre-longed war

Those wayang training that most of us gone through won't do much in a real confrontation only for shows. The SOFs or our special forces are specially trained but they aren't war experienced to handle anything bigger than a passenger hostage , though they are trained to fight in a ship but take over a ship ? That's something new.

Edited by CH_CO

LOL remembered many years back where peace keeping in Timor Leste is a very sad job. The place has a negative sentiment. As for our defense force , only a small part of our force are actually "combat" trained. Just imagine , how many of us can even shoot properly. SAR21? After 4 straight mags the barrel warps , completely useless weapon in a pre-longed warThose wayang training that most of us gone through won't do much in a real confrontation only for shows. The SOFs or our special forces are specially trained but they aren't war experienced to handle anything bigger than a passenger hostage , though they are trained to fight in a ship but take over a ship ? That's something new.

[shocked] Well well....we can't handle the truth.

Edited by Redplanet

He sounds like one of those who can't shoot straight.

SAR21 does not warp after 4 mags. Nonsense. What's next? Our locally made Artillery like the Pegasus or the FH2000's barrel will warp after an Estab Neut? Please grow up and don't post such unsubstantiated biased nonsense.

And as far as I know, even NSmen on their 10th ICT managed to fire their missiles and artillery on precision pin point and area targets. So they're also wayang and unable to shoot straight?

We have NSFs volunteering for the PSOs as well.

Edited by Vblaster_w211

LOL remembered many years back where peace keeping in Timor Leste is a very sad job. The place has a negative sentiment. As for our defense force , only a small part of our force are actually "combat" trained. Just imagine , how many of us can even shoot properly. SAR21? After 4 straight mags the barrel warps , completely useless weapon in a pre-longed war

Those wayang training that most of us gone through won't do much in a real confrontation only for shows. The SOFs or our special forces are specially trained but they aren't war experienced to handle anything bigger than a passenger hostage , though they are trained to fight in a ship but take over a ship ? That's something new.

No soldier in this world is borned with war experience...havent even try oredi say cannot la sure die la something new la scary la... [shakehead]

a lot of sporeans suffer from inferior complex...maybe need to recruit some angmo mercenaries and form a foreign legion to instil some confidence in them [shakehead]

well, after the incident ended then you know what they have.

Before that was a big unknown.

Would you have dared go for it?

thats y they DARE.

and pls quote your sources. Really interested.

Only people in the shipping industry knows how much money is lost over this piracy issue. Any effort to curb it will boost trade.

Fact was in SQ117, crewmen were thrown out of the plane, sustaining injuries. This was followed by a 5-min countdown which the terrorists threatened to kill once every 10 min. The SAF then stormed the plane. The rest was history.

And now armchair critics choose to belittle what was done? Jeez, the terrorists only had knives and concocted explosives blah blah....

He sounds like one of those who can't shoot straight.

SAR21 does not warp after 4 mags. Nonsense. What's next? Our locally made Artillery like the Pegasus or the FH2000's barrel will warp after an Estab Neut? Please grow up and don't post such unsubstantiated biased nonsense.

And as far as I know, even NSmen on their 10th ICT managed to fire their missiles and artillery on precision pin point and area targets. So they're also wayang and unable to shoot straight?

We have NSFs volunteering for the PSOs as well.

As for the Pakistani terrorist , based on first hand knowledge from my sargent major they don't even have guns . So whose the fellow doing the hearsay ? How about u name me those people who were doing the mission MR DUA KANG . Don't act like u are there .

FYI , i was the initial batch which tested Sar21 and the new vest (replaced SBO) in which the soldiers are using now if i don't know what i'm talking i believe no one will. So please don't come and crap with me. I dare to challenge you to go ATP with me and see who is uttering nonsense.

Edited by CH_CO

As for the Pakistani terrorist , based on first hand knowledge from my sargent major they don't even have guns . So whose the fellow doing the hearsay ? How about u name me those people who were doing the mission MR DUA KANG .

Dude i was the initial batch which tested Sar21 and the new vest (replaced SBO) in which the soldiers are using now if i don't know what i'm talking i believe no one will. So please don't come and crap with me. I dare to challenge you to go ATP with me and see who is uttering nonsense.

So wat abt the subsequent batch of sar21s? Also barrel warp after 4 mags?

I've never touched Sar21 before.. using M4s and AR-15s onli. So far from wat i heard from my buddies using SAR21, all of them says that the rifle is heavy. But very accurate at the range compared to the M-16.

Edited by Rickster

Based on my test , as long as u don't squeeze auto for 4 mags you can hit where u aim if you aren't bobo. Got scope . as long as not blind and no bobo , can hit one.

If you squeeze and spray after 4 mags basically all the target has to do is to stay still to be safe for anything above 200 m

Edited by CH_CO

So wat abt the subsequent batch of sar21s? Also barrel warp after 4 mags?

I've never touched Sar21 before.. using M4s and AR-15s onli. So far from wat i heard from my buddies using SAR21, all of them says that the rifle is heavy. But very accurate at the range compared to the M-16.

yea mine was also all ar-15s... super lousy even with blanks ex all the way IA... plus our gpmg also same always use 'bang bang bang' -_-

Based on my test , as long as u don't squeeze auto for 4 mags you can hit where u aim if you aren't bobo. Got scope . as long as not blind and no bobo , can hit one.

If you squeeze and spray after 4 mags basically all the target has to do is to stay still to be safe for anything above 200 m

So did they do any updates to the barrel after that? I am aware that the initial batch of sar21 is full of problems (common for all weapons btw).

↡ Advertisement